Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Confederate flag be removed from SC statehouse grounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    And all are registered Democrats.
    If only we had one of those rational Republicans in charge.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      If only we had one of those rational Republicans in charge.

Better than what we got now. Cowboys are better than cowards everyday of the week.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Better than what we got now. Cowboys are better than cowards everyday of the week.
        Recall swallowing the $60 million minnow? Remember swallowing the "greeted as liberators" minnow? I guess it hurts real deep to realize one was a swallower of minnows...

He has apologized for it. Perhaps it would be healthy for your country to realize the mistake, put in place policy to ensure it doesn't happen again, accept the apology, and move on?
        #occupyarmchairgeneral.
        Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
        Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

I'd say they're both pretty equally bad. Obama is a coward, but many of the problems his cowardice is exacerbating were caused by Bush in the first place.

The last "cowboy" worth anything was Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
            I'd say they're both pretty equally bad. Obama is a coward, but many of the problems his cowardice is exacerbating were caused by Bush in the first place.

Laughable Booboo's dumbness is his own doing.
            My worst jump story:
            No lie.

~
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by Crash View Post
              Recall swallowing the $60 million minnow? Remember swallowing the "greeted as liberators" minnow? I guess it hurts real deep to realize one was a swallower of minnows...

He has apologized for it. Perhaps it would be healthy for your country to realize the mistake, put in place policy to ensure it doesn't happen again, accept the apology, and move on?
              The only real mistake was not handing it over to the Kruds.
              My worst jump story:
              No lie.

~
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Laughable Booboo's dumbness is his own doing.
                And the situation he started with was Bush's.

Bush put us in a bad position. Obama put us in a worse position. Neither is winning any 'good leadership' points from me.

Comment

Apparently, you misunderstood, in my point of view both are harmless and the only way someone could be truly offended by either is if they have a psychological disorder.
                  Isn't this line of reasoning part of the issue?

If someone literally believes that to disagree and be offended is akin to a mental disorder, it's no wonder there is such passionate disagreement and no common ground.

Maybe a better path would be to try and understand why others feel the way they do, and use that knowledge to try and present a better counter to their claims?

Because telling them they're crazy for being offended when they feel they have plenty of justification and reasoning just seems like a snide dismissal and just another reason why the flag has to go, if its supporters just see them as mental cases.

Comment

Class B cowboy as well as president.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

And the situation he started with was Bush's.

Bush put us in a bad position. Obama put us in a worse position. Neither is winning any 'good leadership' points from me.
                      The situation started with President Clinton. He had the opportunity to take bin Laden out (no 9/11) and he also had to opportunity to hold Saddam accountable to the cease fire agreement (no Iraq war).

He was too busy redefining English while fighting his impeachment.
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

If someone literally believes that to disagree and be offended is akin to a mental disorder, it's no wonder there is such passionate disagreement and no common ground.

Maybe a better path would be to try and understand why others feel the way they do, and use that knowledge to try and present a better counter to their claims?

Because telling them they're crazy for being offended when they feel they have plenty of justification and reasoning just seems like a snide dismissal and just another reason why the flag has to go, if its supporters just see them as mental cases.
                        Do you have any actual proof that someone was offended? Post it.
                        My worst jump story:
                        No lie.

~
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• If it would only stop there, yes. But that is obviously not the case, so I say "keep it flying".
                          “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                          --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

• Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                            You do realize that right now there is a thread on Marriage Equality where conservatives are declaring the 'beginning of the end', don't you? That is an actual quote. The professionally outraged conservatives are out in force yet again and you are too busy lowering yourself to playground retorts to even notice.

I'm beginning to think I've overestimated you.
                            No, I'm not reading the Marriage Equality thread.

Am I to understand that because someone declares that some action represents the "beginning of the end" I am required to end my advocacy regarding a different matter?

Maybe I just don't understand the rules.

Regarding marriage equality, I am just glad that I am not a cake baker - I could be forced to pay out $135,000 for failing to pay along with the game. Please tell me again how it is the Right that is exagerrating.
                            Don't leave good whiskey for the damn Yankees!" John Hunt Morgan, Eagleport, Ohio, July 23, 1863

Comment

Do you have any actual proof that someone was offended? Post it.
                              Since being offended is a belief or state of being and not something you can just post a picture of or "prove" scientifically, I assume you will take words as proof of thought and feeling, correct?

Comment

As a aside DoD, I feel that people who live other than in The Monterey bay area are mental cases...

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCA0724:1:US

You Texans are nuts...

Yeah it costs more so you have to think harder to achieve a living...

But hell its the view from your house and the weather that counts... Right?

College girls on the beach...

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X