Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Confederate flag be removed from SC statehouse grounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guthrieba View Post
    Yes, those darn conservatives calling for the sale of the Battle Flag to be halted in National Park Service gift shops and speculating whether the Jefferson Memorial should be torn down. Yes, they are the ones in a state of permanent outrage....
    You are either being deliberately obtuse or you are genuinely stupid. Based on my time here the latter is the less likely.

Conservatives here whip themselves into frenzies on a daily basis over things that get completely forgotten weeks later. There is a new 'Obama is destroying the world' thread every other day. During the Ebola panic the old Politics Central thread saw 5 new Ebola-related topics started per week for 2 months, virtually all of them about Obama or the Democrats. As soon as the mid-terms ended the new threads stopped & the old ones went inactive. Ebola didn't, but conservatives magically stopped caring. Just one example of many.

You are too smart to play dumb, it doesn't suit you.
    Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Clearly a lot of the conservatives want to believe it's about states rights. The confederate battle flag however is not a symbol of the value of state rights. If anything it is an object lesson in how to become extinct by not cooperating with a central government.
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

• Originally posted by BF69 View Post
        You are either being deliberately obtuse or you are genuinely stupid. Based on my time here the latter is the less likely.

Conservatives here whip themselves into frenzies on a daily basis over things that get completely forgotten weeks later. There is a new 'Obama is destroying the world' thread every other day. During the Ebola panic the old Politics Central thread saw 5 new Ebola-related topics started per week for 2 months, virtually all of them about Obama or the Democrats. As soon as the mid-terms ended the new threads stopped & the old ones went inactive. Ebola didn't, but conservatives magically stopped caring. Just one example of many.

I guess you and I see the world differently. After all, Karl Rove said "Never let a crisis go to waste."

Ebola, c'mon, really?

Oh no, that was Obama adviser Rahm Emanuel who said that. Sorry, my bad.

Don't leave good whiskey for the damn Yankees!" John Hunt Morgan, Eagleport, Ohio, July 23, 1863

Comment

The object of the hate is the display of the Confederate Battleflag.

Like you, I see very few people advocating chattel slavery these days.

Somehow though, the removal of the Confederate Battleflag from public display seems to have become a way to assuage the vileness and evil of the church attack in Charleston.
          You discount the meaning of the flag.

You lost dude.

If you'd won there would be a wack load of people still working as slaves...and no United States of America.

I'd imagine that's a massive disappointment to some.
          #occupyarmchairgeneral.
          Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
          Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

• Originally posted by Crash View Post
            You discount the meaning of the flag.

You lost dude.

If you'd won there would be a wack load of people still working as slaves...and no United States of America.

I'd imagine that's a massive disappointment to some.
            I find it wonderful that you can divine the minds of others.
            Don't leave good whiskey for the damn Yankees!" John Hunt Morgan, Eagleport, Ohio, July 23, 1863

Comment

I guess you and I see the world differently. After all, Karl Rove said "Never let a crisis go to waste."

Ebola, c'mon, really?

Oh no, that was Obama adviser Rahm Emanuel who said that. Sorry, my bad.

You do realize that right now there is a thread on Marriage Equality where conservatives are declaring the 'beginning of the end', don't you? That is an actual quote. The professionally outraged conservatives are out in force yet again and you are too busy lowering yourself to playground retorts to even notice.

I'm beginning to think I've overestimated you.
              Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                Clearly a lot of the conservatives want to believe it's about states rights. The confederate battle flag however is not a symbol of the value of state rights. If anything it is an object lesson in how to become extinct by not cooperating with a central government.

You mean : centralist government of course ?

And history taught and still is teaching that one can not cooperate with a centralist government .There are only two choices : to submit or to resist .

Comment

• Huh.... haters of the Confederate flag like to burn the American flag as well... shocker. Who knew dat?

My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                    Not if they are apart of the US today. Generally speaking MS is still a hundred years lost in the past. The state is #1 in just about anything negative.
                    And here I thought Texas was #1 in your book.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• This is so alien to me it's like a whole different country that is at war with itself.
                      We hunt the hunters

Comment

This is so alien to me it's like a whole different country that is at war with itself.
                        What? I thought you were the know-it-all... what happened? Oh... you got stumped by liberalism, welcome to the world of stupid.
                        My worst jump story:
                        No lie.

~
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                          Huh.... haters of the Confederate flag like to burn the American flag as well... shocker. Who knew dat?

Earlier in this thread we had several people saying you might as well burn or take down the US flag as well. Seems you were with the take it down crowd.... They just followed your line of thought....
                          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          And why the sea is boiling hot—
                          And whether pigs have wings.”
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                            Earlier in this thread we had several people saying you might as well burn or take down the US flag as well. Seems you were with the take it down crowd.... They just followed your line of thought....
                            Apparently, you misunderstood, in my point of view both are harmless and the only way someone could be truly offended by either is if they have a psychological disorder.
                            My worst jump story:
                            No lie.

~
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                              What? I thought you were the know-it-all... what happened? Oh... you got stumped by liberalism, welcome to the world of stupid.
                              They only call themselves liberal.
                              We hunt the hunters

Comment

They only call themselves liberal.
                                And all are registered Democrats.
                                My worst jump story:
                                No lie.

~
                                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X