Roof and race war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof and race war

In a world of perfect justice, the cowardly punk who gunned down nine unarmed people in a church would have videos streamed 24/7 in his cell of all the prayer meetings, church services, demonstrations, memorials and marches in Charleston and elsewhere in reaction to his killing spree. Instead of the race war he hoped to create, Dylann Roof's actions have created scenes of mass gatherings of all races, arms linked or hand in hand, answering his hatred with love for the victims and each other. Racism will always be with us, but today there are far too many intelligent, rational, responsible, loving human beings to answer hate and violence with more of the same against other innocent people.

I am supposedly a white person, although I don't really have much idea of my ancestry beyond my grandparents. Not that it matters to me. I have no more reason to automatically associate with other white people than I would with people with brown hair, blue eyes or those who are left-handed. My dad's generation helped whip the Third Reich in World War II, though my dad himself was doing his part against the Japanese Empire. In the unlikely event that fools like Roof, the Klan, Stormfront, Aryan Nations and the skinheads ever do start a “race war,” I know what side I'll be on. Like my dad's generation, I'll be on the side that's killing Nazis.

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X