Washington Civil Rights Activist Outed as White by Her Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington Civil Rights Activist Outed as White by Her Parents

The parents of one of Spokane, Washington's most prominent civil rights activists have outed their own daughter as a white woman, prompting a flood of social media jibes about the outspoken activist's heritage and race, which she alleged in official documents was African-American.

Rachel Dolezal, 37, is not only the head of the Spokane chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), she has also spoken publicly about the Black Lives Matter movement in Baltimore, Ferguson, and elsewhere across the US, and currently chairs Spokane's Office of Police Ombudsman Commission (OPOC).

But Dolezal's activism and motivations, as well as an incident where she says she received graphic hate mail, have been thrown into question since her estranged parents told local Spokane TV channel KREM 2 News that their daughter's heritage was in fact German, Swedish, and Czech, with a touch of Native American ancestry.

"Rachel has wanted to be somebody she's not. She's chosen not to just be herself but to represent herself as an African-American woman or a biracial person," Mrs. Dolezal told the station. "That's simply not true."
    VICE News - Full Article

Meh...

I vote this the non-issue of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Meh...
      Yes, you're absolutely right. Having people in local government being outed lying about themselves to obtain positions of political power is entirely irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
        Yes, you're absolutely right. Having people in local government being outed lying about themselves to obtain positions of political power is entirely irrelevant.
        This women is just plain crazy!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
          This women is just plain crazy!
          I wonder what her tanning booth expenses are.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
            I wonder what her tanning booth expenses are.

Maybe she does a Boehner or a Biden...

Comment

Give it twenty more years and everyone will want to do the same.

Comment

There were not any qualified Black people in Spokane? Did they look? I have a niece from Mamou, LA that claimed she was Hispanic on her job applications. Never mind her family name had been in Louisiana for 300 years and she spoke with a thick Cajun accent.

This lady must surely have a vivid fantasy life.

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  There were not any qualified Black people in Spokane? Did they look? I have a niece from Mamou, LA that claimed she was Hispanic on her job applications. Never mind her family name had been in Louisiana for 300 years and she spoke with a thick Cajun accent.

This lady must surely have a vivid fantasy life.

Pruitt
                  Yeah, a opportunist. I think I read that she had a discrimination lawsuit for not getting a job as a white person. Geez... what a way to work the system.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                    Yeah, a opportunist. I think I read that she had a discrimination lawsuit for not getting a job as a white person. Geez... what a way to work the system.
                    Should post a link but I'm to lazy. She's getting slammed from many sides. EWU will dump her when the contract ends. She's been eschewed by the Government paychecks. Maybe she'll write a book.
                    My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Well, when the dust settles she's got a new career as a sideshow bob look alike.
                        "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Meh...

I vote this the non-issue of the year.
                          Second the motion.

If you paint a pig red, it isn't a Ferrari, and her Afro doesn't make her black. Neither does her inner "feeling".
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Obviously a case of a black person trapped in a white person's body.....
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              Obviously a case of a black person trapped in a white person's body.....
                              A scene from Alien springs to mind...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X