Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    Your kidding me right?
    The topic isn't you ! It's the POPE! And he certainly does care what Christ said!
    I can't believe that went over your head.
    It shouldn't take a pope to tell people to be nice to each other. Savvy?
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
      It shouldn't take a pope to tell people to be nice to each other. Savvy?
      Ok, I'm typing slowly so you will understand.
      The Op is about the Pope, not about you. The Pope is a firm believer in Christ. Get it ? Christ told his deciples to take care of the poor, get it?
      The Catholic Church has the resources to do more. It has been around longer than any nation on earth, get it?
      Thus I posted, he should lead by example. Savvy ?
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
      Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

What you and others posted makes zero sense.

The Pope can't fit these people in his country. Therefore he is encouraging others to do so. I don't care if you're Catholic or a Pastafarian you should appreciate he is trying to do GOOD. Is that precise enough for you? Or do you need pictures?

Comment

The Pope can't fit these people in his country. Therefore he is encouraging others to do so. I don't care if you're Catholic or a Pastafarian you should appreciate he is trying to do GOOD. Is that precise enough for you? Or do you need pictures?
          You really ought to think about what others are trying to say rather than insisting that only you make sense and are ever the correct one.

No one is seriously saying that Vatican City can host all those people. What they are saying is that The Pope has at his disposal the ability to do more than just talk. The Roman Catholic Church is perhaps the largest and richest single organization on Earth. What we see here is akin to hearing Al Gore preach Global Warming and Carbon Footprint while traveling in private jets, Hummer limos and using $50K worth of electricity each month. No one would think that Al Gore can say The Earth all by himself, but if he wants to preach, he should lead by example.

In short, this current Pope is less a spiritual leader and more of a political mouthpiece than what we had expected. Progressives feel that politics and religion should remain separate, yet somehow are enchanted by a religious leader that is constantly trying to insert himself into politics.
          Last edited by Salinator; 17 Jun 15, 23:26.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

The Pope can't fit these people in his country. Therefore he is encouraging others to do so. I don't care if you're Catholic or a Rastafarian you should appreciate he is trying to do GOOD. Is that precise enough for you? Or do you need pictures?
            Do you have any idea how much the Catholic Church owns in property and real estate in Italy? The RCC even has one of the biggest banks in Italy! What I have been doing in this thread is pointing out that the Pope has the resources to shelter thousands of these people. I for one would like to see him put some of these people in Vatican City. He won't host a lot, but he should do more than be a voice of conscience, he should also lead by example. The Pope can also call for donations from the Faithful all over the world to help pay for these people's upkeep.

Just because Italy let them in, does not mean that other countries will take any. If the Italian Navy would start transporting large numbers back to Libya and Tunisia, maybe they would not be so anxious to try to get to Italy...

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

The Catholic Church has donated funds to various charities around the world. Pope Francis himself travels around in buses with common people as well as washing the feet of the poor. Good Catholics around the world have donated to the Church's charity efforts in the Middle east,

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...-relief-60655/

http://www.georgiabulletin.org/news/...ristians-iraq/

Comment

I happen to like this Pope, have nothing against him.but trying to explain anything to you is a waste of time.
                But I can be as hard headed as you.
                The Catholic Church is one of the oldest organizations on the planet. Yes?
                The Pope is the desciple of Christ. Yes?
                Christ told his disciples to care for the poor.Yes?
                Now this is the tricky part......the Catholic Church has had nearly 2 thousand years to get it done.Yes?
                It has property all over the world.Yes?
                Their record has not been exemplary. Yes?
                It is admirable that every Pope tells us to do more, it would be more powerful for the church to do more.Yes!
                Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                  I happen to like this Pope, have nothing against him.but trying to explain anything to you is a waste of time.
                  But I can be as hard headed as you.
                  The Catholic Church is one of the oldest organizations on the planet. Yes?
                  The Pope is the desciple of Christ. Yes?
                  Christ told his disciples to care for the poor.Yes?
                  Now this is the tricky part......the Catholic Church has had nearly 2 thousand years to get it done.Yes?
                  It has property all over the world.Yes?
                  Their record has not been exemplary. Yes?
                  It is admirable that every Pope tells us to do more, it would be more powerful for the church to do more.Yes!
                  Now we agree. I can't rep you again so soon.

Comment

You tell me?
                    I'm not the one that made the stupid comment, so what land did my family steal?
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                      I'm not the one that made the stupid comment, so what land did my family steal?
                      Again, you tell me?

Comment

Again, you tell me?
                        Again, I have nothing to tell, you made the comment, now back it up.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                          No one is seriously saying that Vatican City can host all those people. What they are saying is that The Pope has at his disposal the ability to do more than just talk. The Roman Catholic Church is perhaps the largest and richest single organization on Earth.
                          To a point. Not that it's not rich; the questionable idea is that it's a single organization. It's more like a conglomerate or a corporate group, in business terms. In a corporate group, there are many individual companies - those are "single organizations". Then there is ownership of them by the group and cross-ownership within the group, and flows of money back and forth within the group, to and from the companies. But each individual company can very well be rich or poor, produce profits or debts, and even go bankrupt - on its own.
                          The same goes for the Catholic Church. A diocese can very well go bankrupt - it happened. The difference is that the Pope has less power over the various parts of the church, than a board of a corporation has over its companies. The board can always sell a company. The Pope can hardly sell a diocese.

If you want to talk about the Pope's money, you are probably putting together things that actually have very little communication, such as the Vatican City's state administration, the bank, the funds of the Diocese of Rome and the Pope's charities.

If you want to see practical measures taken by the Pope within the limited wiggle room he has in what he directly controls, then you only have to read the news.
                          http://www.leggo.it/NEWS/ROMA/san_pi.../1398268.shtml

If you want to know whether the local parts of the church are listening to the Pope, I can tell you what I see here in my city:
                          - the main source of meals for newly arrived refugees, who have not yet accessed state assistance, is the diocesan Caritas, providing some 250 meals twice a day;
                          - the Diocese provides 90 beds (only here in my city; more in other towns within the Diocese) for persons who have requested asylum; this is funded by the state, but the money received only covers board and lodging, the Caritas is also providing integration services (language, cultural orientation, and work training courses);
                          - the main location for unaccompanied minors is a religious institution; again, this is funded by the state but the funding is actually insufficient;
                          - even a lay, non-religious association of volunteers distributing immediate help to newcomers has to rely on the support of a convent of friars and on donations from local parishes.
                          All of the above just out of the top of my head, if I carried out some serious research and went just from my city to the whole Diocese, I'm sure the list would be much more impressive.
                          Michele

Comment

I cannot think of a single place on earth where the original inhabitants, for example the neanderthals, were not replaced by immigrants. The question of who stole what from whom is only possible because of written records. Of course the written records themselves are not very reliable. What is reliable information is that the occupation of the planet is driven by reproductive success and military and economic competence. It is ironic that the Catholic Church continues to only focus on the immorality of force and not the immorality of unsustainable reproduction.

While immigration to unoccupied or lightly occupied land was a solution to reproductive success in the past it is rapidly becoming a source of new and unresolvable conflict not only between peoples but with the environment.

The catholic church has and remains hostile as has most religions to rationality. It is no wonder that many of the founders of the United States were agnostic and children of the enlightenment. That the Pope would offer useless and contradictory advise should come as no surprise to any student of history. That those focused on the next life, and who lack any practical experience, it should come as no surprise that they are incompetent at leading people in this life. It is easy to constitute a morality that is not based on practical consequences but it is equally pointless.
                            We hunt the hunters

Comment

You live in America do you not? If you aren't an illegal immigrant what are you? Because your ancestors were either immigrants or natives.
                              Pretty sure more recent immigrants, like my parents for example, didn't steal any land. Ok it was Canada but same principle. I don't think old stock folks whose ancestors (be they French, British or Spanish) may have stolen land and possibly owned slaves an be held responsible either. My two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
                                Pretty sure more recent immigrants, like my parents for example, didn't steal any land. Ok it was Canada but same principle. I don't think old stock folks whose ancestors (be they French, British or Spanish) may have stolen land and possibly owned slaves an be held responsible either. My two cents.
                                What right do they have to talk down on and denigrate immigrants? At least these immigrants aren't murdering the natives...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X