Lead by example Pope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lead by example Pope!

I have to ask, isn't Vatacan City a independent nation?
    How many immigrants do they take in every year? How many do they turn away?
    The Pope is critical of the rest of the nations, let's see a little leadership by example!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/...nts/ar-AAbGD9p
    "Pope Francis on Wednesday called for respect for migrants and suggested that "people and institutions" who close doors to them should seek forgiveness from God.

The pope's appeal, made at the end of his weekly general audience, came a growing debate in Europe on how to deal with an immigrant crisis that has included clashes at the French-Italian borer between police and migrants.

"I invite you all to ask forgiveness for the persons and the institutions who close the door to these people who are seeking a family, who are seeking to be protected," he said in unscripted remarks delivered in a somber voice."
    France and Austria have stepped up border controls on migrants coming from Italy, turning back hundreds and leaving growing numbers camped out in railway stations in Rome and Milan.
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

I agree. The Pope takes a solid hit for this one.

It's easy to tell others what to do. Not so easy to do it yourself.

Maybe the Pope would care to address the actual reasons for all the illegals in the first place.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

How many more people can you squeeze in to a 109 acre country that's smaller than my neighbors and my property combined?
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
        How many more people can you squeeze in to a 109 acre country that's smaller than my neighbors and my property combined?
        A lot, when you are the spiritual leader of ONE BILLION Catholics in nations all over the world, but he hasn't "squeezed in" a single one. It's called "hypocrisy" and it looks bad on a pope.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

For once that we ,atheists,have a pope who could reconcile us with Catholicism,give him a break...
          That rug really tied the room together

Comment

I agree Seb.

He isn't a hypocrite on this issue. He cannot give these people shelter in his tiny country. There are way better reasons to criticize the Catholic Church than this. I very much dislike it, but I can see the Pope isn't wrong here.
            First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              ...It's called "hypocrisy"...
              It's called giving orders to the troops. He's the commanding officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I agree. The Pope takes a solid hit for this one.

It's easy to tell others what to do. Not so easy to do it yourself.

Maybe the Pope would care to address the actual reasons for all the illegals in the first place.

But, that's how the Progressive Left has always rolled...

Comment

How many of these "migrants" are Catholic? Why do I have the feeling they are from North Africa? How many people actually sleep in Vatican City?

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                    How many of these "migrants" are Catholic? Why do I have the feeling they are from North Africa? How many people actually sleep in Vatican City?

Pruitt
                    The estimate is 900 people reside in Vatican City!
                    That is already a lot of people for a State one eights the size of New York City's Central Park!
                    Last edited by Trung Si; 17 Jun 15, 15:48.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                      The estimate is 900 people reside in Vatican City!
                      That is already a lot of people for a State one eights the size of New York City's Central Park!
                      Actually that is less than nine people per acre sleeping there. That sounds a lot but my guess is there a palace or two and some monasteries and convents and multistory buildings that can accommodate some of these migrants he wants to help. There are also rooms in Rome and all the assorted Bishoprics, monasteries and convents in Italy. Maybe he can also rent a few rooms? I hear Italy has lots of places to rent. Isn't the Catholic Church one of the biggest landlords in Italy?

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                        I agree Seb.

He isn't a hypocrite on this issue. He cannot give these people shelter in his tiny country. There are way better reasons to criticize the Catholic Church than this. I very much dislike it, but I can see the Pope isn't wrong here.
                        He is being a hypocrite. What is the Roman Catholic Church offering to the communities that he's now berating? Is the RCC offering funding for expanding the social services that significant numbers of migrants tend to consume? Is the RCC housing these migrants on their real estate -- real estate on which the RCC doesn't pay property taxes?

Yeah, when clerics pay income taxes and churches pay property taxes then I might see them as full-fledged members and participants in my community. Until then, they're just another bunch of takers.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Pruitt
                          I believe most of them come from south of the desert and few from NA. Most are very dark skinned which isn't that common from NA
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            But, that's how the Progressive Left has always rolled...
                            You think that the Pope is a progressive leftist? Or did I misunderstand that?
                            "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                            G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                            Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Pruitt
                              They are overwhelmingly Muslim worlders, overwhelmingly young men of fighting age.

For a UK that finds this group a high risk category for sex abuse and radical Islam, that is a bad combo. Hence the UK has offered to take a big fat zero but they camp at the Calais port and try and sneak across. Just as they camp on the Italian border and try and sneak into France. Europe is in a total mess on this issue.

The Pope probably wants them shifted out of Italy quick so they don't get in the way of pilgrims bearing gifts.

Not sure what this got to do with USA though. Maybe you take some?
                              Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X