Dallas Police HQ Attacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Police HQ Attacked

Fortunately no reports of casualties so far, even though automatic weapons and explosives were involved.

No news on the attackers. Radical Islam, or some other group with a grudge? We shall see.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33121180
    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Several nearby residents shot video... surreal is the best way to describe it.

The van rammed a squad car outside of DPD and then opened fire. The van is currently disabled in a Jack in the Box parking lot in Wilmer-Hutchins. Police are attempting to negotiate with 5he shooter(s). No injuries reported so far, apart from a DPD EODbot.

The van was described as armored with gunports.

Right now, it appears to be a run of the mill psychopath.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post

The van rammed a squad car outside of DPD and then opened fire. The van is currently disabled in a Jack in the Box parking lot in Wilmer-Hutchins. Police are attempting to negotiate with 5he shooter(s). No injuries reported so far, apart from a DPD EODbot.

That's what confusing to me, apparently there are confirmed reports of multiple gunmen but some reports are saying it's just some crazy guy angry about being arrested for domestic violence.

Comment

Negotiations are still going on right now, from what I can tell it has nothing to do with radical islam.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post

So more or less just your average Texan.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The guy is dead, shot through the front windshield, right now I am listening to a briefing by the Dallas Police Chief.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              So more or less just your average Texan.
              Ouch!
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Vice News reported that the van was a "Zombie Apocalypse" model, armored with gunports and bulletproof windows. They say he got it for $8,250.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Paul Mann III; 13 Jun 15, 11:15.
                "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                  Vice News reported that the van was a "Zombie Apocalypse" model, armored with gunports and bulletproof windows. They say he got it for $8,250.
                  Evidently they weren't bullet proof enough for a .50 Cal sniper round.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet a quarter the perp was a avid alex jones fan...
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                      Evidently they weren't bullet proof enough for a .50 Cal sniper round.
                      Not many things are...

Don't most police snipers use something a bit smaller? 7.62x51mm? .308?
                      "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Not many things are...

Don't most police snipers use something a bit smaller? 7.62x51mm? .308?
                        Yes they do, but in this case a .50 Cal was used to disable the engine and penetrate the windshield according to the Dallas Police Chief in his briefing for the media.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                          I'd be willing to bet a quarter the perp was a avid alex jones fan...
                          http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2015...expected.html/

The man police say is a suspect in the attack on their headquarters had a troubled family history that included a custody battle with his own mother and one report of family violence.

A 2013 arrest warrant affidavit for James Boulware out of Dallas County detailed the family violence incident between Boulware and his mother, and included allegations that he appeared “delusional.”

Reached in Carrollton, the suspect’s father Jim Boulware, of Carrollton, said his son has blamed police for losing custody of his own child, who is now in middle school. But he never expected anything like today’s events.

“He blames the police for taking his son away from him,” Jim Boulware said. “I tried to tell him that the police are just doing their job.”
                          This part sounds like he might be a member of ACG. Anybody missing?

He was making comments about North and South Korea and was talking “rudely” about religion, Jews and Christians to his mother, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

When she told him he was “going to hell,” he grabbed her throat with both hands and began squeezing her neck, police documents state.

BoRG

Comment

This part sounds like he might be a member of ACG. Anybody missing?
                            Aside from you, you mean?
                            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

I notice that the first thing many of the stories I've seen about this mention the shooter was a disgruntled White guy...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X