Transrace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transrace?

It is going to be interesting to see how both sides handle this. With the past couple weeks transgender push....will we see a transracial push?

I think she would have been more effective if she presented herself as white but fighting for blacks.

Rachel Dolezal, 37, is the head of the local chapter of the NAACP and has identified herself as African-American. But her Montana birth certificate says she was born to two Caucasian parents, according to CNN affiliate KXLY, which also showed an old family photo in its report.

CNN tried to reach Dolezal for comment by emailing and calling her late Thursday night, but was unsuccessful. Likewise, CNN was also unable to reach Dolezal's parents.

Dolezal has built a wide-ranging career on her racial identity.
    She is not just president of her local NAACP chapter; she is also an academic expert on African-American culture and teaches many related classes at Eastern Washington University.

She represents the black community publicly and vocally, including as a spokeswoman on race-influenced police violence. On Tuesday she spoke to Al Jazeera on the topic.

She has appeared alongside Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby, who has filed charges against police officers in the death of Freddie Gray, a young black man.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/12/us/was...ity/index.html
    Last edited by Nichols; 12 Jun 15, 10:05.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

This could be a very good thing.

Overnight every police agency in the USA could become perfectly aligned with the racial proportions of the population they serve.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

This is not the first time the NAACP has been a bit controversial as far as who they have leading them. If I recall the national president of the NAACP, Benjamin Jealous, turned out to be about 85% white when he went on that genealogy show on PBS, and he actually looked white, but of course there was no benefit in identifying himself as white so he went with the black identity. I read somewhere that he was whiter than 'the Situation', that useless Guido from Jersey Shore.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
        This is not the first time the NAACP has been a bit controversial as far as who they have leading them. If I recall the national president of the NAACP, Benjamin Jealous, turned out to be about 85% white when he went on that genealogy show on PBS, and he actually looked white, but of course there was no benefit in identifying himself as white so he went with the black identity. I read somewhere that he was whiter than 'the Situation', that useless Guido from Jersey Shore.
        They also raised a huge stink when they found out Tiger Woods listed his race as 'Other', and even explored a law to force mixed-race subjects to identify themselves as black, quoting a 1930s segregation as as the standard to be applied.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Benjamin Jealous, turned out to be about 85% white
          Her parents are claiming that her ancestry is Czech, Swedish, and German...with "faint traces" of Native American. Her family adopted four Black children...they claim that she began "disguising herself" as Black after that.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Hey didn't Billy say he was the first black president?

It'd be nice to put the race card to bed for once and for all.

Remember the white supremest who found out he had a hint of the tar brush?

At this point we all are mutts to one degree or another. That's why I think racists are ignorant fools...
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Wasn't already a guy called Michael Jackson ?
              There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post
                Wasn't already a guy called Michael Jackson ?

Comment

She also claimed to be partly American Indian, according to some reports.

I don't see a mystery here - she claimed to belong to privileged minorities at the head of the Federal give-away programs. The only surprise to me is that more people aren't doing the same thing.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 12 Jun 15, 11:55.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

"What you mean...keemo-sabe?"

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    She also claimed to be partly American Indian, according to some reports.
                    As did Elizabeth Warren which got her into a bit of hot water with the local Wampanoags.
                    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                      As did Elizabeth Warren which got her into a bit of hot water with the local Wampanoags.
                      Yeah...we had a professor up at Denver University that caught that way - don't remember what tribe or people he claimed to be but it was BS like the rest of his act.

Lots of people claim to be partly Amerind. Lots of Federal benefits and freebies. Can't really blame them - it's their tax money to begin with, so why not get some of it back. My stepson is probably the exception to the rule - he is entitled since he is part Cherokee on his paternal side, but he refuses to accept any government assistance. Says he can and will make it on his own without owing his success to anyone but himself, and he has certainly succeeded. We need a lot more of that a lot less of the "gimmee, gimmeee" crowd.

Meanwhile, you should check out the mixtures out here in Canon City, Rockvale, Coal Creek and Florence. The orignal farming settlers were Iralian, the mmo=iners were everything from Welsh to Russian, Polish and other Eastern Europeans, then came the Germans, a few Irish here and there and the usual chinese when the railroads came through.

My good friend from DOC days looks like he is full Chinese, but has traced his ancestry back to some Scottish parentage - apparently missionaries in China - so he took up playing the bagpipe just to screw with peoples' heads! He's pretty good at it, too.

Whenever I encounter super snobbish people claiming to be from the Mayflower or something, I always laugh and ask them "Passengers, crew, cabin servants or stowaways"?

We don't get to pick our parents, so why claim to be superior about it.
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 12 Jun 15, 12:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                        Isn't that a large recreational vehicle?

Of course, I once knew a hefty gal in George who was definitely a large recreational vehicle herself.

Rimshot...

Comment

I have noticed that no one who is even a small percentage black, Indian, asian or hispanic ever claims the white part of their heritage, even though they may be 3/4 white or more. That does seem to indicate there's an advantage to being identified with groups other than white. I think there's a PC-created perception that white males have all the advantages when in fact white males are the only group in the US that have virtually no special advantages. In fact most places it's unacceptable to even hint that something's only for the benefit of whites, especially white males.

Comment

Rachel Dolezal needs a negroplasty.

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                            ― Groucho Marx

Comment

I have noticed that no one who is even a small percentage black, Indian, asian or hispanic ever claims the white part of their heritage, even though they may be 3/4 white or more. That does seem to indicate there's an advantage to being identified with groups other than white. I think there's a PC-created perception that white males have all the advantages when in fact white males are the only group in the US that have virtually no special advantages. In fact most places it's unacceptable to even hint that something's only for the benefit of whites, especially white males.
                              During Jim Crow plenty of Negros endeavored to "pass": being light-skinned they endeavored to pass themselves off as Caucasian, on account of the manifest advantages enjoyed by Caucasians at that time.

For many years we've sought a "color blind" society: we've succeeded only in preferring different hues.
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X