X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andrewza
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I guess you didn't grow up when the rest of us did. Kids always used to sell lemonade in the summer, and yet somehow America survived.
    Did it. Maybe the great lemonade flood 1950 killed you and this is your personal hell.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by III Corps View Post
    Nope. Media hype. Every summer there is a story about a kid's lemonade stand being shut down because of local permit laws. This one even made the nightly news. Two cute kids in trouble with the law.

I guess you didn't grow up when the rest of us did. Kids always used to sell lemonade in the summer, and yet somehow America survived.

Leave a comment:

• Cyan67
    replied
    Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    In Texas? Must be one of the liberal towns. I was expecting Oregon or Washington or some other liberal bastion...
    Its not a liberal/conservative thing. It's a bureaucratic thing, and every state and municipality has been affected. Its just some (with more common sense) simply ignore the law on such things.

Leave a comment:

• III Corps
    replied
    ..More over regulation by the government? ...
    Nope. Media hype. Every summer there is a story about a kid's lemonade stand being shut down because of local permit laws. This one even made the nightly news. Two cute kids in trouble with the law.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Wasn't that one of the big complaints about the Ferguson MO police: endless petty ticket-writing campaigns, all designed as revenue generators?
    It's a big complaint in a lot of places, especially those with high tourist or through traffic because those drivers can;t afford to stay around and contest the tickets.

Leave a comment:

• andrewza
    replied
    I some times wonder who is better off. Those in the states, or me I AFRICA?

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Exactly. The most popular phrase in rural Texas: "You're in a heap of trouble, boy..."
    Wasn't that one of the big complaints about the Ferguson MO police: endless petty ticket-writing campaigns, all designed as revenue generators?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Exactly. The most popular phrase in rural Texas: "You're in a heap of trouble, boy..."

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    In Texas?
    Why not Texas? Don't those little podunk towns like to use their police as revenue generators, writing tickets for all manner of nonsense?

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    In Texas? Must be one of the liberal towns. I was expecting Oregon or Washington or some other liberal bastion...
    They'd have been arrested there for something like "Endangering public health" or "Practicing Capitalism..."

You know, they hate individual motivation and self empowerment.

I had a really cool business plan for wood working where I'd hire homeless people give them a share of their production and elevate their life styles.

Not only did the city say no but they went after me because I had the effrontery to try to help these sad folks out.

The city had a huge series of warehouses that weren't being used and were casting about for suggestions. (Also had a huge pile of old wood working machines...)

But since I wasn't a member of their social group they didn't like the idea...
    Pretty much.

Leave a comment:

• SRV Ron
    replied
    Shutting down lemonade stands on the sidewalk, bake sales bans at schools. This over regulation by Government has been going on for years.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied

You know, they hate individual motivation and self empowerment.

I had a really cool business plan for wood working where I'd hire homeless people give them a share of their production and elevate their life styles.

Not only did the city say no but they went after me because I had the effrontery to try to help these sad folks out.

The city had a huge series of warehouses that weren't being used and were casting about for suggestions. (Also had a huge pile of old wood working machines...)

But since I wasn't a member of their social group they didn't like the idea...

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    started a topic More over regulation by the government?

More over regulation by the government?

A news item about two 8 year old girls having police shut down their lemonade stand for not having a business permit and proper health department licenses and such...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/...Xt?ocid=SMSDHP
Working...
X