No announcement yet.

More over regulation by the government?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More over regulation by the government?

A news item about two 8 year old girls having police shut down their lemonade stand for not having a business permit and proper health department licenses and such...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/...Xt?ocid=SMSDHP

In Texas? Must be one of the liberal towns. I was expecting Oregon or Washington or some other liberal bastion...

You know, they hate individual motivation and self empowerment.

I had a really cool business plan for wood working where I'd hire homeless people give them a share of their production and elevate their life styles.

Not only did the city say no but they went after me because I had the effrontery to try to help these sad folks out.

The city had a huge series of warehouses that weren't being used and were casting about for suggestions. (Also had a huge pile of old wood working machines...)

But since I wasn't a member of their social group they didn't like the idea...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Shutting down lemonade stands on the sidewalk, bake sales bans at schools. This over regulation by Government has been going on for years.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        In Texas? Must be one of the liberal towns. I was expecting Oregon or Washington or some other liberal bastion...
        They'd have been arrested there for something like "Endangering public health" or "Practicing Capitalism..."

You know, they hate individual motivation and self empowerment.

I had a really cool business plan for wood working where I'd hire homeless people give them a share of their production and elevate their life styles.

Not only did the city say no but they went after me because I had the effrontery to try to help these sad folks out.

The city had a huge series of warehouses that weren't being used and were casting about for suggestions. (Also had a huge pile of old wood working machines...)

But since I wasn't a member of their social group they didn't like the idea...
        Pretty much.

Comment

In Texas?
          Why not Texas? Don't those little podunk towns like to use their police as revenue generators, writing tickets for all manner of nonsense?
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Exactly. The most popular phrase in rural Texas: "You're in a heap of trouble, boy..."
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Exactly. The most popular phrase in rural Texas: "You're in a heap of trouble, boy..."
              Wasn't that one of the big complaints about the Ferguson MO police: endless petty ticket-writing campaigns, all designed as revenue generators?
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I some times wonder who is better off. Those in the states, or me I AFRICA?
                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                  Wasn't that one of the big complaints about the Ferguson MO police: endless petty ticket-writing campaigns, all designed as revenue generators?
                  It's a big complaint in a lot of places, especially those with high tourist or through traffic because those drivers can;t afford to stay around and contest the tickets.

Comment

..More over regulation by the government? ...
                    Nope. Media hype. Every summer there is a story about a kid's lemonade stand being shut down because of local permit laws. This one even made the nightly news. Two cute kids in trouble with the law.

Comment

Its not a liberal/conservative thing. It's a bureaucratic thing, and every state and municipality has been affected. Its just some (with more common sense) simply ignore the law on such things.

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
                        Nope. Media hype. Every summer there is a story about a kid's lemonade stand being shut down because of local permit laws. This one even made the nightly news. Two cute kids in trouble with the law.

I guess you didn't grow up when the rest of us did. Kids always used to sell lemonade in the summer, and yet somehow America survived.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          I guess you didn't grow up when the rest of us did. Kids always used to sell lemonade in the summer, and yet somehow America survived.
                          Did it. Maybe the great lemonade flood 1950 killed you and this is your personal hell.
                          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X