What is a Policeman made of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a Policeman made of?

Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Slugs and snails and puppy-dog tails?
    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
      Slugs and snails and puppy-dog tails?
      Good one.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Paul Harvey's father was a policeman when Paul was a child. He was killed in the line of duty.
          My father was a LEO, until you have lived it, you have no idea what they go through.
          One time when I was about 13, dad was on graveyard shift, he came home in time to eat breakfast with me before I went off to school, he couldn't eat, he just sat there with his head in his hands.
          I asked what was wrong?
          He had just spent two hours using a shovel to clean up the remains of a 10 year old boy who had been run over by several semi trucks on Hwy. 111.
          The next time you get pulled over take time to remember that, this man could have just left a similar situation, perhaps a murder scene, maybe discovered a terribly decomposing body of a child stuff into a trunk.
          They deal with the most horrendous things you can imagine, then they are expected to go right back out and do their job, and for the most part, 99% do.
          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            Paul Harvey's father was a policeman when Paul was a child. He was killed in the line of duty.
            My father was a LEO, until you have lived it, you have no idea what they go through.
            One time when I was about 13, dad was on graveyard shift, he came home in time to eat breakfast with me before I went off to school, he couldn't eat, he just sat there with his head in his hands.
            I asked what was wrong?
            He had just spent two hours using a shovel to clean up the remains of a 10 year old boy who had been run over by several semi trucks on Hwy. 111.
            The next time you get pulled over take time to remember that, this man could have just left a similar situation, perhaps a murder scene, maybe discovered a terribly decomposing body of a child stuff into a trunk.
            They deal with the most horrendous things you can imagine, then they are expected to go right back out and do their job, and for the most part, 99% do.
            Let me know when police officer makes it to the top 10 most dangerous jobs. What is it now? Number 22 or so?

And cops don't move bodies anymore. Not unless they killed somebody they shouldn't.

How about the cops start considering the emotional state of those they pull over before going full-nutzo on some poor human being? Some of us see awful stuff on the regular or have seen it plenty in the past.

The new regulations concerning police approaching veterans don't speak to sensitivity - they're supposed to treat our armed forces like crazy people and terrorists.
            Last edited by Paul Mann III; 10 Jun 15, 22:03.
            "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I never realized so many fellow posters hated cops.

Comment

Respect is earned, not given

Wait until you realize how many cops hate your fellow human beings.

I think this photo sums up the mentality among a certain segment of the police population.
                Attached Files

BoRG

Comment

There are some cops who think they are above the law that give LEOs a bad name.
                  First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                    There are some cops who think they are above the law that give LEOs a bad name.
                    There is a minority within every group that will give the wider group a tarnished reputation. Every action of said minority should be judged as such, unless there is evidence that said actions are not such an insignificant minority.

However, such policies are ignored or sidelined when it comes to certain groups, professions, or ideologies.

Comment

Not so many, but so many vocals. Strange, but I consider some my friends. I just don't want to live in their vision of the future.
                      My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                        There is a minority within every group that will give the wider group a tarnished reputation. Every action of said minority should be judged as such, unless there is evidence that said actions are not such an insignificant minority.

However, such policies are ignored or sidelined when it comes to certain groups, professions, or ideologies.
                        The wide group covers the dirty cops. Blue vs. the world, haven't you heard?

When the good cops stop letting the bad cops slide, maybe we can get an accurate count.

But because there is no database to track officer offenses and accusals (as there is for the rest of us), we can't even begin to guess whether the good or bad are in the minority. They hate data, refuse to document or share the statistics.

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                          Let me know when police officer makes it to the top 10 most dangerous jobs. What is it now? Number 22 or so?
                          As opposed to the dangers of being a web forum jockey?

Watch out for that carpel tunnel. It's a killer.
                          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

There's cop haters and cop critics. I don't think we have very many haters but we have more than a few critics. I've shot it out with AJ Rimmer (okay, bad choice of words and likely suicidal on my part) on several occasions over the overuse of tactical teams but I still have a great deal of respect for the profession as a whole.
                            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

What's it mean to be a policeman?

You'll see your wife 2 hours a day when you work night shift, if that.

Unlike every other profession you'll only be judged by the actions of the 1%.

You'll be called to people's houses for their worst day on earth, or their last.

You'll always be late to arrive, and you'll never do the job to their satisfaction.

You have to behave like everyone you encounter wants to kill you, because the first person you don't act like that towards is actually the person that wants to kill you.

Every one of your actions is subject to legal scrutiny, and will regularly be subjected to legal scrutiny in the courtroom.

Everybody knows 'how to do your job' better than you.

That same everybody will regularly try to tell you how to do your job, whether it be spitefully or as 'helpful advice'.

Invariably, their advice will get you complained on, killed, or is just flat out illegal or against policy.

Yeah.....so, anyone that wants to try to do my job, there's a passenger seat open. I'll have to move my ticket book, but I almost never use it anyway.
                              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X