A call to default on student loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    The price of an education is ridiculous.

Government doesn't pay its bills. Why should citizens?
    Because they have claimed the right to use force against you if they wish, and you aren't allowed the same privilege.

Comment

Anyone still paying back student loans at 62 years of age is not exactly someone whose opinions really matter all that much. When he was 18, college was not even that expensive as compared to now.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Yes, Lee Siegel is a condescending narcissist typical of Progressives. "I want..." "I deserve..." Not a word about "I worked for it..." or "I earned this..."

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
          Anyone still paying back student loans at 62 years of age is not exactly someone whose opinions really matter all that much. When he was 18, college was not even that expensive as compared to now.
          People who are only 40 skated out with way better rates than a current graduate.

The upswing in cost has been exponential.
          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

People who are only 40 skated out with way better rates than a current graduate.

Tell me about it...... Daughters off to college this fall........

Comment

Yes. That is why 62 year old man still repaying student loans is even worst.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                Yes. That is why 62 year old man still repaying student loans is even worst.
                But, is he still living in his parent's basement? Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

I'd agree! Makes one wonder why university presidents are worth an annual pay of half a million to million dollar$ ... or more ?!

Whom do you think is "co-signed" to the fineprint. Guv'mint might rack up the Bill, we citizen/taxpayers are on the invoice as payee.

Old lesson of life and the world. If they don't teach that at your overpirced college~degree, you got gyped - cavaet emptor.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                    He now needs some jail time to go with that education.
                    Agreed. He's just another self-proclaimed victim looking for a way out of his own bad choices, starting with his choice of a "liberal arts" degree.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally Posted by Paul Mann III

Excellent point...the government doesn't obey the laws, either.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                        I'd agree! Makes one wonder why university presidents are worth an annual pay of half a million to million dollar$ ... or more ?!
                        The new president of my university is one of the highest paid in the nation. He got a 50% pay hike compared the outgoing president.
                        "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

The new president of my university is one of the highest paid in the nation. He got a 50% pay hike compared the outgoing president.
                          Overpaid faculty/staff is a big cause of rising costs of college.

Are they worth it?
                          Do they really earn it?

(And people complain about Corp. (profit making) CEO incomes? )

Comment

Why the federal government is forgiving millions of dollars of student loans

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/caree...QFe?li=BBgzzfc

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                              He went to college to study how to be a writer? I wonder how many of our most successful writers had to study to write?

And why can't he work and write. Many aspiring artists, actors, writers, extra had jobs. The guy sounds like he has one massive sense of entitlement.
                              I just did a quick check of some American authors just off the top of my head: Hemingway, Mark Twain, James Jones, Steinbeck--only Steinbeck seems to have gone to college and he went just briefly. Most of them worked in all sorts of jobs while they got started in their writing careers. I'm sure it's easier to get started as a writer if you have an English degree but there's no doubt it isn't required and in fact the ones I mentioned above are some of the most critically acclaimed and popular authors in US history. I think you could even argue that these authors may have had success because they didn't go to college: they went out and experienced life and wrote about it.

Comment

One of my nephews got a degree in English. He said something about wanting to write, but has not got a job yet. His Mother sent him to Lafayette, LA to get more training. As long as his Mother foots the bill, he does not have to work.

Pruitt
                                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• BorderRuffian
                                  Polls that oversample Democrats
                                  by BorderRuffian
                                  Economist/YouGov poll of July 26-28, 2020, has Biden leading Trump by 49-40

Sample size-1500

Party ID
                                  Democrat-521 (35%)...
                                  Today, 08:44
                                • casanova
                                  Robi P.
                                  by casanova
                                  The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                                  Today, 02:27
                                • casanova
                                  Beirut
                                  by casanova
                                  Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                                  Today, 00:47
                                Working...
                                X