X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And I don't like environazis. But, since my jeep runs of the by-products from all of the bulls squeezed out of the environazis, It all works out.

Any opinion relative to the actual subject being discussed?
    Well, MM, if what Chukka posted is true, then I say let those folks work until 2017, when the contract runs out.

Couldn't the greentards find something better than a coal mine in it's last years to fight?

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Originally posted by Rojik View Post
    Illinois Nazis are the worst.

Leave a comment:

• Rojik
    replied
    Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    I hate EnviroNazis just as much as Enviromarxists...
    Illinois Nazis are the worst.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    We could take our Jeeps and run over some Environazis...
    Oh no! Don't do that! You'll never get the smell out!

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    And I don't like environazis. But, since my jeep runs of the by-products from all of the bulls squeezed out of the environazis, It all works out.

We could take our Jeeps and run over some Environazis...

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
    You could join us and discuss your beautiful CJ.....

Remember MM, environazis don't like Jeeps.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Would you and Doc like to start your own thread in order to discuss his jeep?
    You could join us and discuss your beautiful CJ.....

Remember MM, environazis don't like Jeeps.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Technically, it's a truck, of course.

But that doesn't matter, because a Jeep is a Jeep.
    Would you and Doc like to start your own thread in order to discuss his jeep?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Chukka View Post
    (Snark alert) Sorry to interrupt this circle jerk but are we are SURE that the plummeting world coal price didn't have anything to do with this coal mine shutting down. You would be surprised how often Economics trumps Politics out in the real world...

It looks like the mine has been on the wind down for a long time, I have got a 2010 Rio Tinto report that states that it was always due for closure when the Power station contracts run out in 2017. No Nazi's of any sort to see here.

"Colowyo Coal Company (Rio Tinto: 100 per cent)

Colowyo Coal Company produces thermal coal in northwest Colorado. The company intends to fulfil a long term contract with its sole remaining customer, a power generator located in northwest Colorado. This contract expires at the end of 2017. In the absence of divestment or the development of additional customers, the expiration of the contract will be followed by closure and completion of reclamation of the mine site.
    "

http://www.riotinto.com/annualreport...perations.html

I'd love to do a Due Diligence on this operation, but I would not be surprised if the 'Huge Reserves' that Fox News refer to are real, measured, and economically feasible at $45 per tonne

If the coal mine were in the process of closing, why would an environmental group file a motion against them? Eight years after they were granted a permit which did not require an impact statement at the time?

As for coal prices, oil is way down, too, but the demand is still there. Currently, China is in the market for all of the fossil fuels it can get its hands on.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by johns624 View Post
    MM sure is dumping on people who agree with him lately. He's much worse than usual.
    Thank you. Might have helped had TAG been a little clearer in his response, especially since he rarely if ever agrees with me on anything, but thanks to your brilliant and insightful analysis, all has been cleared up.

Do you have an actual comment to make on the subject itself, by any chance? No? Didn't think so.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied

Because it's a Jeep thing...

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    It's my Jeep.

Is a Jeep a truck? I don't know.

The Army called it a truck

Jeep owners are divided on the proper nomenclature.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Originally posted by Chukka View Post
    (Snark alert) Sorry to interrupt this circle jerk but are we are SURE that the plummeting world coal price didn't have anything to do with this coal mine shutting down. You would be surprised how often Economics trumps Politics out in the real world...
    Economics always trump politics... eventually. However...
    The Colowyo mine, which provides hundreds of jobs and millions of dollars to the economy of the town of Craig, has been open since 1977. But the expansion permit it sought and received from the Office of Surface Mining, Reclamation and Enforcement (OSM) in 2007 did not take climate change into account, according to a lawsuit brought by WildEarth Guardians. That, the environmental group said, violated the 2006 National Environmental Policy Act. A federal judge agreed and, on May 4, gave the agency 120 days to redo the review.

This is exactly how Enviromarxist terrorists shut down Shell's first drilling season in the Chukchi Sea. They got a judge to void their permits because carbon emissions from one icebreaker weren't included.

Leave a comment:

• Chukka
    replied

It looks like the mine has been on the wind down for a long time, I have got a 2010 Rio Tinto report that states that it was always due for closure when the Power station contracts run out in 2017. No Nazi's of any sort to see here.

"Colowyo Coal Company (Rio Tinto: 100 per cent)

Colowyo Coal Company produces thermal coal in northwest Colorado. The company intends to fulfil a long term contract with its sole remaining customer, a power generator located in northwest Colorado. This contract expires at the end of 2017. In the absence of divestment or the development of additional customers, the expiration of the contract will be followed by closure and completion of reclamation of the mine site.
    "

http://www.riotinto.com/annualreport...perations.html

I'd love to do a Due Diligence on this operation, but I would not be surprised if the 'Huge Reserves' that Fox News refer to are real, measured, and economically feasible at $45 per tonne

Last edited by Chukka; 09 Jun 15, 07:03.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    Doc I hope that really isn't your truck
    It's my Jeep.

It's not a truck, it's a Jeep.
    Is a Jeep a truck? I don't know.

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    1/4 ton 4x4
    The Army called it a truck

Jeep owners are divided on the proper nomenclature.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X