Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EnviroNazis Threatens Colorado Coal Mine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • EnviroNazis Threatens Colorado Coal Mine

    The operators of the Colowyo coal mine, located in northwestern Colorado, say closing down operations willput 200 employees out of work.


    A Colorado coal mine is up against climate change and the clock, after an environmental group got a judge to order a federal agency to re-do the permit it issued eight years ago, setting such an "unrealistically" short deadline that backers fear the operation will be shut down for good on a technicality.
    The Colowyo mine, which provides hundreds of jobs and millions of dollars to the economy of the town of Craig, has been open since 1977. But the expansion permit it sought and received from the Office of Surface Mining, Reclamation and Enforcement (OSM) in 2007 did not take climate change into account, according to a lawsuit brought by WildEarth Guardians. That, the environmental group said, violated the 2006 National Environmental Policy Act. A federal judge agreed and, on May 4, gave the agency 120 days to redo the review.
    The company that owns the mine and many of the families of workers fear the agency won't complete the review in time, or, if it does, may reach a different conclusion. Either could mean the mine is shut down for good.
    "At the end of the day, itís the families of northwestern Colorado that will be hurting."
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/08...ill-coal-mine/
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

  • #2
    Read the bio's of the WildEarth Guardians.

    http://www.wildearthguardians.org/si...f#.VXYQaxFFDIU

    Comment


    • #3
      I hate EnviroNazis just as much as Enviromarxists...
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Read the bio's of the WildEarth Guardians.

        http://www.wildearthguardians.org/si...f#.VXYQaxFFDIU
        Tom Cruise, John Travolta and a number of other rich and influential people are Scientologists. Doesn't make them any less loony than this bunch.

        Barack Obama also holds a college degree and is a Nobel Laureate, and he's a complete and utter loon with a dictatorial complex.

        So what's your point here, TAG? That because they are educated they aren't environazis out to dictate to the rest of the world what standards 300 million other people will have to live by? Or is there some deeper meaning?

        You think it's OK for these thugs to cripple the economy in the name of something most scientists don't even believe in?

        I live in this state, and we need the jobs and the money.


        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Read the bio's of the WildEarth Guardians.

          http://www.wildearthguardians.org/si...f#.VXYQaxFFDIU
          They have a [email protected] in virtually every area of expertise. Here's their [email protected]
          Erik Molvar joined WildEarth Guardians in 2013 as our Sagebrush Sea Campaign Director. He received a M. Sc. in Wildlife Management at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, where he authored a number of scientific studies on the evolutionary biology, population dynamics, and ecology of Alaskan moose. He went on to become a professional writer and photographer, authoring 16 guidebooks to national parks and wilderness areas across the West. Molvar spent 13 years as Wildlife Biologist and later Executive Director for Biodiversity Conservation Alliance in Wyoming, where he specialized in sage grouse conservation and oil and gas issues. He served four years on the Laramie City Council, where he initiated a curbside recycling program, established a historic district protection area, and moved a national resolution on hydraulic fracking through the National League of Cities. Erik lives in Laramie, Wyoming with his three children. He is an avid fan of the outdoors, and enjoys hiking, flyfishing, skiing, and renovating historic homes.

          I love this bit... "he specialized in sage grouse conservation and oil and gas issues"... Nothing in his bio indicates any expertise in anything remotely related to oil & gas or fracking... Therefore he's an expert...
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Tom Cruise, John Travolta and a number of other rich and influential people are Scientologists. Doesn't make them any less loony than this bunch.

            Barack Obama also holds a college degree and is a Nobel Laureate, and he's a complete and utter loon with a dictatorial complex.

            So what's your point here, TAG? That because they are educated they aren't environazis out to dictate to the rest of the world what standards 300 million other people will have to live by? Or is there some deeper meaning?

            You think it's OK for these thugs to cripple the economy in the name of something most scientists don't even believe in?

            I live in this state, and we need the jobs and the money.


            My point is they are a bunch of Progressive Leftists with a bunch of degrees from universities where they were indoctrinated in Leftist environmentalism. There isn't a scintilla of objectivity or scientific reason behind their actions. Instead, their political positions and indoctrination drive their agenda.

            People like that are dangerous. They're the sort that when they get in charge you end up with Soviets, Nazis, Khmer Rouge, and the like. They don't want a reasoned discussion. They want you to shut the hell up and do as you're told because they know with absolute religious certainty they are right and they'd gladly kill you or put you in a "re-education camp" to make you accept their views.

            Right down the list, there is not one person in that organization that isn't of like mind.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Tom Cruise, John Travolta and a number of other rich and influential people are Scientologists. Doesn't make them any less loony than this bunch.

              Barack Obama also holds a college degree and is a Nobel Laureate, and he's a complete and utter loon with a dictatorial complex.

              So what's your point here, TAG? That because they are educated they aren't environazis out to dictate to the rest of the world what standards 300 million other people will have to live by? Or is there some deeper meaning?

              You think it's OK for these thugs to cripple the economy in the name of something most scientists don't even believe in?

              I live in this state, and we need the jobs and the money.


              I think TAG's point is that these EnviroNazis are mentally deficient in multiple disciplines.
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                I think TAG's point is that these EnviroNazis are mentally deficient in multiple disciplines.
                Not only do they not know what they're talking about but they are willing to torture or kill you to make you accept their viewpoint.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  [...]

                  Right down the list, there is not one person in that organization that isn't of like mind.
                  Like-minded and devoid of useful knowledge.
                  Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Not only do they not know what they're talking about but they are willing to torture or kill you to make you accept their viewpoint.
                    Yep... Psychologically indistinguishable from the Taliban or ISIL.
                    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                      Yep... Psychologically indistinguishable from the Taliban or ISIL.
                      A reasonable analogy as environmentalism has replaced more traditional religion for this sort.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        A reasonable analogy as environmentalism has replaced more traditional religion for this sort.
                        A religion with no redeeming values.
                        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                          A religion with no redeeming values.
                          Oh, come on, they gave us bicycle paths after all...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                            I think TAG's point is that these EnviroNazis are mentally deficient in multiple disciplines.
                            MM sure is dumping on people who agree with him lately. He's much worse than usual.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                              MM sure is dumping on people who agree with him lately. He's much worse than usual.
                              This sort of thing explains some of it...
                              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Sorry, Doc...I'm sure your comments are both interesting and relevant, but I'm under strict orders to ignore you from the forum management.
                              Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                              So you have no idea what the post actually says?
                              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X