• Show
Clear All

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
    Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
    Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
    It's easy
    - The Beatles

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    . . . . Which is why the meeting in question was held: to sort out the various issues. And why was why heavily-armed police officers were in the parking lot: because the hammer was already in mid-swing; they do not want the Hell's Angels here, and they're not very fond of the local groups, either.

So you have known members of four organizations meet in a formal interaction . . . .
    Shades of Apalachin?

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    That's the legal aspect of the situation. The other side of it is a message from the state AG & Gov's office down to the local prosecutors to the gangs. This incident and the subsequent chest-thumping by some of the fringe gangs has induced the state to remind these individuals as to who exactly runs the State of Texas and what happens to those who have any doubts thereof. Likewise, its a non-too-subtle message to the Hell's Angels as to what sort of welcome they can expect.

There is a lot of very high feelings going on right now. It hasn't made the news much but there have been some very hard no-knock search warrants in various places in the state, and more than one jail has see a surge in occupancy.

The status quo has been violated, and therefore feces shall rain upon the offenders until all has been made right. It is going to be a long summer.
    And this comes straight out of a Curtis Hansen flick.

Honestly, does anything ever change?
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
      I've never understood criminal groups that openly display their affiliation. All that does is put a target on their back.

It's the same as police wearing uniforms, the Army, Navy and airfarce and ancient tribes dying there skin different colours before a battle. As stated it's a machismo thing with the ' my club is better than your club' line of thought so therefore our patches, emblems, badges and logo's are better than yours and by wearing them they are stating that they are the top FIRM on the manor. If a the rival firm, with differing colours or patches and loyalties, should perchance wonder into the territory of the rival gang, then things can get very interesting indeed.
      Harsh words might be exchanged between rival clubs. Sometimes it can trigger of a round of fisticuffs in the street which, if the police don't involved, will nearly always escalate into a bigger fight when the gangs pull out their Swiss Army knives, the ones with all the multi tools and short blade making it legal to carry, and attempt to either undo the stitching of the rival clubs colours or badges with the scissors on their Swiss Army knife, or they attempt to gouge someone's eye out with the blank non sharp tool on the Swiss Army knife that no one knows what it's really for.
      Obviously the gangs involved in Waco didn't have Swiss Army knives and instead decided to kick the living day lights out of each other in the bar and when they found out that knives were no use they resorted to using guns.
      The police dealt with this situation to the best of their abilities and short of putting wire across the road to decapitate the riders in an ambush, they had their hands tied.

How many cops and federal agents were having twitches and thinking of going home sick with nervous bowel movements in fear of another siege and disaster in Waco after that religious nutjob and his cult?
      Has anyone seen my nurse? It's medication time

HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

I will now apologise for hijacking the thread and crayoning utter rubbish on it, I only hope it's cheered some of you up a little bit with my rather dull attempt at humour.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

As for your premise, you're totally wrong. Most people don't use drugs because they are illegal, and that still matters to many. Try to imagine what daily life would be like if all drugs were legal. Would you trust a bus driver? A pilot? Anyone using powered equipment? How about the judge you might face in court, or the jury? Could you trust anyone with anything?
        You're the one with the false premises. Just because something is legal, doesn't mean that it's allowable in all circumstances. Alcohol is legal, but it's illegal for all those groups you mentioned when they are on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Look it up for yourself, Grasshopper. I already know why, and I don't get paid to educate those who don't want to learn things for themselves.

As for your premise, you're totally wrong. Most people don't use drugs because they are illegal, and that still matters to many. Try to imagine what daily life would be like if all drugs were legal. Would you trust a bus driver? A pilot? Anyone using powered equipment? How about the judge you might face in court, or the jury? Could you trust anyone with anything?
          You're funny when you pretend half of Americans aren't jacked up on legal drugs that as dangerous and toxic as what's in the streets.

I can't imagine a bus driver, pilot, or laborer who doesn't take a pharmacy worth of pills just to get by, as half the population does.

And let's pretend caffeine isn't a rage-inducer, too. Hilarious. I don't trust anybody until I see Puritan sobriety in their eyes. And really, I don't trust those people because they tend to be full nutters.
          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X