UN Criminalizes Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UN Criminalizes Israel

This week Senators Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz have posed a challenge for would-be presidents and all Americans: if the United Nations criminalizes Israel’s exercise of the right of self-defense it will pay a heavy price. The organization has no right to expect billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars to be doled out every year when they are spent undercutting our deepest values and our national security.
    Graham and Cruz’s comments come after learning that UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is now weighing whether to sign off on a report emanating from an Algerian U.N. “human rights expert” that analogizes Israel to ISIS, Boko Haram and Al Qaeda. Leila Zerrougui’s rights expertise includes eight years (2000-2008) as legal advisor to Algeria’s President-for-life Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
    Moreover, in the coming weeks, the U.N. will issue another report on Israel’s “criminal” response to Hamas genocidaires in Gaza, commissioned by UN Human Rights Council authorities like Russia, China and Saudi Arabia.
    These attacks on Israel are part of a concerted effort by the vast U.N. machinery to rewrite international law to the advantage of terrorists who use civilians as human shields – thereby encouraging the use of more civilians as human shields. What begins as the demonization of Israel, affects every democratic society forced to defend itself against Hamas or Hezbollah or ISIS or Boko Haram or al-Qaeda.
    In the summer of 2014, Israelis were under fire from Palestinian terrorists in Gaza who are openly committed to genocide against the Jewish people and the destruction of the Jewish state. More than 70% of Israelis were within target range of Hamas’ Gaza rockets. Once fired, half a million people had less than 60 seconds to find shelter. Underground tunnels were discovered that opened into Israeli territory, with terrorists emerging on their way to cause mass casualties among Israeli civilians.
    In response, the United Nations launched a full scale assault on…Israel.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...-al-qaeda.html
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Most of the rest of the sane world has criminalized the UN long ago...
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

The UN created Israel, and the situation there (to most extent) back in 1947. Of course it was a different UN back then ...
      Still, the irony here borders on the idiotic.

Comment

Well the title is misleading at best. We all know the UN has a hard on to persecute Israel, but lacks the votes to do so. Any action they wish to take We can veto. So again faux misleads its audience.

As does the congress critters playing up to the story...
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Furthermore why is there no mention of this in the Israeli news? I looked at Ynet and the Jpost and not one post about it...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
            The UN created Israel, and the situation there (to most extent) back in 1947. Of course it was a different UN back then ...
            Yes, not to many dark faces or 'colonized' races. They knew their place better then I guess.
            Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

After the end of apartheid in SA Israel is the last country I know of where citizenship and rights are associated with race. It kind of makes me a little sick to my stomach to have to say it but it still a better country than any of it's neighbors.

Sins of the fathers and all that so we are stuck with protecting Israel but we don't have to pretend we like it.
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                After the end of apartheid in SA Israel is the last country I know of where citizenship and rights are associated with race. It kind of makes me a little sick to my stomach to have to say it but it still a better country than any of it's neighbors.

Sins of the fathers and all that so we are stuck with protecting Israel but we don't have to pretend we like it.

You really think that? Because there are plenty of other countries that are far worse than Israel.
                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

This is easily proven as complete BS to anyone with an open mind and an ability to understand history.
                  http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/485399
                  http://www.thecommentator.com/articl...the_arab_world
                  "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

I guess Obama is right behind this UN initiative. Of course he will be gone soon but we await the political stance of whoever comes next.

EDIT - our bookmakers have Hillary Clinton as the favourite. I don't know how she differs from Obama, politically, but if I were Israel, I would have my ambassador on the case to find out.
                    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Hillary win? Man that would be a bad day.
                      you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Incredible.

Ignorant at best, but incredible nonetheless.

Sincerely,
                        M
                        We are not now that strength which in old days
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

And of course the usual bovine excrement from Faux News. The report is about parties who are considered to have violated the rights of children in the course of conflict. With respect to the Gaza conflict both Hamas and Israel were put on the list in a draft report. It seems that some UN agencies are unsure about putting Israel on.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.659877

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/U...listing-405174

It also lists others deemed to have violated childrens rights during conflict and wars. Really is quite amazing how badly and misleadingly things are reported. Faux is one of the worst around, it is of course not the only one.

MM do you get paid for just posting it or is there a bonus for the more responses it provokes? How does Faux do it?
                          "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                          G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                          Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                            And of course the usual bovine excrement from Faux News. The report is about parties who are considered to have violated the rights of children in the course of conflict. With respect to the Gaza conflict both Hamas and Israel were put on the list in a draft report. It seems that some UN agencies are unsure about putting Israel on.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.659877

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/U...listing-405174

It also lists others deemed to have violated childrens rights during conflict and wars. Really is quite amazing how badly and misleadingly things are reported. Faux is one of the worst around, it is of course not the only one.

MM do you get paid for just posting it or is there a bonus for the more responses it provokes? How does Faux do it?

You know its not a Fox news piece right...?? Its an opinion piece by Anne Bayefsky, published by Fox as well as others.. A Canadian human rights activists....Where's your bonus..?
                            Last edited by Darth Holliday; 06 Jun 15, 06:00. Reason: Gooder Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post
                              You know its not a Fox news piece right...?? Its an opinion piece by Anne Bayefsky, published by Fox as well as others.. A Canadian human rights activists....Where's your bonus..?
                              It is an opinion piece published in Faux News and linked to by MM who continually posts from them. Which other media outlets have published it, I may have missed it.

Do you think that media groups should be exempt from criticism for publishing rubbish? Also I note that you did not disagree with how it is misleading.
                              Last edited by Sergio; 06 Jun 15, 06:15.
                              "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                              G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                              Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X