Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A letter from Sam Farr...

Dear Xxxxxx,
    I have become increasingly aware a large number of residents have been affected by increased aircraft noise caused by the Federal Aviation Administrationís (FAA) new flight paths over Santa Cruz County. Right now, I am working to convince the FAA to hold a public meeting on this issue so they can hear your concerns. To help the FAA understand how important holding that meeting is, I need to hear from you!
    Would you please complete a brief survey that tells me the issues you face as a result of these new flight paths. If we can bring the testimony of the people of Santa Cruz County affected by this problem to the FAA it will help demonstrate the extreme urgency by which this issue needs to be addressed. Feel free to respond to the survey and have others in your community do the same. Let the FAA hear your concerns!
    If you would like to invite others to take this survey, please send them this link:

Send this link

Sincerely,

SAM FARR
    Member of Congress

Apparently Sam Farr is against sports aviation.

I got a bitch form from him addressing the sound of high performance sports racers.

https://iqconnect.lmhostediq.com/iqe...5031846.130874

I love the sound of AF boys and girls cracking the sound barrier. And I really love the sound of vintage WW2 planes flocking over my house.

And it warms my heart that they do it over my place.

Nancy boys and girls should move to the city to avoid such.
    Last edited by Bwaha; 02 Jun 15, 22:27.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

How about this. I'll do your survey if you'll sign this petition.

We have the same problem over the other side of the hill. Palo Alto residents are not happy. Just look at this mess.

https://www.change.org/p/elected-rep...ng-communities

The petition need 2,000 people total, we are still short 590 so far.
    “Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Comment

Nope. I enjoy aviation. Cry me a river...
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Generally folks who cry about noise such as this are newcomers to a neighborhood. The natives are used to the noise.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Move the airports, do with out aviation, move. The sky is very crowed as can be seen. Move to N.CA. I'm sure the country folks have a couple tissues left over.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            Dear Xxxxxx,
            I have become increasingly aware a large number of residents have been affected by increased aircraft noise caused by the Federal Aviation Administrationís (FAA) new flight paths over Santa Cruz County. Right now, I am working to convince the FAA to hold a public meeting on this issue so they can hear your concerns. To help the FAA understand how important holding that meeting is, I need to hear from you!
            Would you please complete a brief survey that tells me the issues you face as a result of these new flight paths. If we can bring the testimony of the people of Santa Cruz County affected by this problem to the FAA it will help demonstrate the extreme urgency by which this issue needs to be addressed. Feel free to respond to the survey and have others in your community do the same. Let the FAA hear your concerns!
            If you would like to invite others to take this survey, please send them this link:

Send this link

Sincerely,

SAM FARR
            Member of Congress

Apparently Sam Farr is against sports aviation.

I got a bitch form from him addressing the sound of high performance sports racers.

https://iqconnect.lmhostediq.com/iqe...5031846.130874

I love the sound of AF boys and girls cracking the sound barrier. And I really love the sound of vintage WW2 planes flocking over my house.

And it warms my heart that they do it over my place.

Nancy boys and girls should move to the city to avoid such.
            Oh, come on, Bwaha, even you aren't that ironpants, are you? Not everyone shares your love of noise, nor should they. A lot of people crave the kind of peace and quiet that is becoming increasingly hard to find these days, and if they shell out hard money to get that peace and quiet you can expect them to be angry when someone violates it. That's the American Way, compadre. Expect lawsuits to follow.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

MM what this is really about is the Watsonville airport. There's some people who want to shut it down to build more condos. (Like we need more housing in the middle of the worst drought I've ever seen.)

I'd rather keep a legacy airport than a few hundred more condos filled with migra...
              Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Many years ago I lived literally one city block from the main runway at a major airport. The first month was rough, but after that the only time it woke me was when they grounded flights because of bad weather....
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I can see how living near an airport can work one's nerves: at various times I've lived near LaGuardia and JFK in the Concorde era, and their operations were, at times, disruptive, especially when the ceiling was low. That being said, however, I find few noises as grating as suburban lawn mowing. That sht is downright aggravating. It's worse than the elevated subway. Does Mr Farr plan to hold public hearings about that? Maybe he can petition Briggs & Stratton to design and market a silent lawn mower.
                  I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                    I can see how living near an airport can work one's nerves: at various times I've lived near LaGuardia and JFK in the Concorde era, and their operations were, at times, disruptive, especially when the ceiling was low. That being said, however, I find few noises as grating as suburban lawn mowing. That sht is downright aggravating. It's worse than the elevated subway. Does Mr Farr plan to hold public hearings about that? Maybe he can petition Briggs & Stratton to design and market a silent lawn mower.
                    No joke. That was a major reason I moved out to the country. There was always some out cutting his grass at 7am on the weekend.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      MM what this is really about is the Watsonville airport. There's some people who want to shut it down to build more condos. (Like we need more housing in the middle of the worst drought I've ever seen.)

I'd rather keep a legacy airport than a few hundred more condos filled with migra...

No way! They can't shut down WVI, that's where they hold the annual Wings Over Watsonville Air Show.

Watsonville Fly-In & Air Show
                      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                        No joke. That was a major reason I moved out to the country. There was always some out cutting his grass at 7am on the weekend.

I hate leaf blowers just as much as lawn mowers.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                          No way! They can't shut down WVI, that's where they hold the annual Wings Over Watsonville Air Show.

Watsonville Fly-In & Air Show
                          They did.

http://www.mercurynews.com/central-c...after-50-years
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                            I hate leaf blowers just as much as lawn mowers.
                            Man, I had forgotten those...

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                              How about this. I'll do your survey if you'll sign this petition.

We have the same problem over the other side of the hill. Palo Alto residents are not happy. Just look at this mess.

https://www.change.org/p/elected-rep...ng-communities

The petition need 2,000 people total, we are still short 590 so far.

Me...I'll take the lesser of 2 evils. I would hate to have to drive 2-3 hours just to reach the closest airport as I travel quite a bit.

And, like Gixxer said, I am used to the noise from planes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X