FBI Aerial Surveillance Of American Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    Sorry I'm just a bit angry over living on the reservation.

Arnold made some good points and I shouldn't have gone after him like I did but I still think they are just herding us to a place where they hope we all kill each other.

I'm not unhappy with the police as much as the law makers. The police just do what they are told to do.
    You have nothing to be sorry for, your opinion is as valid as anyone else's
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Here's an interesting question: The police, FBI, etc., put a tracking device of some sort on my vehicle. I find it after it was placed there.
      I remove it and then take a large hammer to it and keep the bashed junk as a souvenir.

Would any of those agencies have any recourse against me for smashing up their (I assume here) unmarked device that was attached to my property without my knowledge?

Now, personally, I'd say no but I'm betting they'd try to criminally charge me and even try to get the cost of the device back.

Comment

You guys ought to google your own name. You'd be surprised how much data they have on you. I did it and was alarmed at the precise details that are available...
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I did and it came back nearly blank with actual hits on me...

But, then again, I manage my on-line footprint pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            You guys ought to google your own name. You'd be surprised how much data they have on you. I did it and was alarmed at the precise details that are available...
            I found out that I am either a doctor, an author, or a fire chief.
            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Here's an interesting question: The police, FBI, etc., put a tracking device of some sort on my vehicle. I find it after it was placed there.
              I remove it and then take a large hammer to it and keep the bashed junk as a souvenir.

Would any of those agencies have any recourse against me for smashing up their (I assume here) unmarked device that was attached to my property without my knowledge?

Now, personally, I'd say no but I'm betting they'd try to criminally charge me and even try to get the cost of the device back.
              If they'd obtained a warrant they'd have recourse. Without a warrant, it's finders-keepers.

Think about what a warrant is: judicial license to perform an act that is otherwise illegal. Without a warrant in hand, that tracking device cannot be legally placed on your vehicle. That's why certain specifics -- address, name, physical description, etc -- have to be sworn to by the officers applying for the warrant. Inaccuracies in the application can lead to the evidence so obtained being thrown out at trial.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Nope, they wouldn't do anything, because claiming responsibility wold be the worst course they could take. But a better course for you would be to transfer the device to a politician's vehicle, like the mayor, or possibly the chief of police. Or better yet, a Fed-Ex truck or a private aircraft. Be creative.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Nothing. According to the Great Google God, I do not exist. Hahahahahahah!!

Comment

What no Linkden?

I guess you have to achieve something to get noticed...
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

What no Linkden?

I guess you have to achieve something to get noticed...
                      Not so, Grasshopper....Confuscius say greatest achievement is to become invisible!

Comment

And that is why you have already lost the war on drugs. Boots on the ground nothing can replace them. Even if you win every battle you still will have lost the war as our society implodes. Get you head on straight.
                        Spoken like a guy with zero understanding of the topic.

There is no 'war on drugs', and more than there is a war on murder or rape. Criminal is a social issue, and always will be.

Originally posted by wolfhnd
                        What we need is not police who play policeman with there fancy toys and go home to the safe suburbs every night. We need them to live in our communities and be a part of the real solution. The solution is for us all to be looking out for each other.
                        You do realize that long-standing experience has led most LE agencies to require officers NOT to live in their work areas?

Originally posted by wolfhnd
                        Our cities went to hell when every person who was able fled to a place they could live in isolation. If you don't have communities you don't have a nation, only a bunch of people getting what they can while the getting is good and to hell with everyone else.
                        Well, most people call it inner city decay, but you're not far wrong in terms of the inner city. Social cohesion in the high crime areas is about zip.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner

If its on the outside of your vehicle, and it is marked with the owning agency, then to damage it or decline to return it would be a crime, same as any other property crime.

Although you would have to be extremely lucky to find the better ones. I watched a guy put his truck on a lift and spent thirty minutes looking and he never found ours, and we're nowhere near cutting edge.

Although with the expansion of smartphones with built-in GPS tracking, we're seeing a shift from trackers to simply following the phones. Hard as it is to believe, there are still a huge number of people engaging in felony behavior who not only use, but carry, wireless devices.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Sir you are one stubborn man.
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs
                          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Sir you are one stubborn man.
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs
                            Actually, the term is knowledgeable on the subject.

Politicians bluster about the 'War on Drugs', but they don't make any arrests or prosecute any crimes. Most of the programs in your 'source' are completely meaningless. You could legalize every narcotic known to man tomorrow and it wouldn't affect overall police work loads one bit.

Roughly 5% of all LE assets in the USA are applied to drug enforcement, including the DEA. There's no more a war on drugs than there is a war on murder or a war on rape. Crime occurs, and the only way to eliminate it is to legalize everything.

To give you an idea of how important drug enforcement is, nearly all states wit peace officer licensing require police officers to have regular training in family violence, DWI enforcement, and sexual crimes investigation, but few (if any) require regular training in narcotics operations.

Because its not really that big of a deal.

Like I said, dragging the thread back to topic, speaking as one who actually has experience on the subject, one proper surveillance aircraft is worth any number of informants. Your 'boots on the ground' claim is about as valid as arguing for biplanes in the modern ground support role.
                            Last edited by Arnold J Rimmer; 09 Jun 15, 10:11.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              Spoken like a guy with zero understanding of the topic.

There is no 'war on drugs', and more than there is a war on murder or rape. Criminal is a social issue, and always will be.
                              Wolfhnd is correct in this case.

You need to keep up with the real world, AJ. President after president has confirmed that there is, in fact, a "war on drugs", and one on poverty and most everything else. Can't play the game if you haven't got a scorecard.

And if it isn't a "war", how did you and all the other agencies get permission to employ military grade hardware and technology?

BTW, your surveillance aircraft have managed to increase drug trafficking, not decrerase it. Again, Wolfhnd is correct - "boots on the ground" is the only way to make it work. To parphrase one of your own comments, no surveillance aircraft ever made a drug bust or an arrest, either. That takes a person on the scene.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X