Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Jackson, President Obama

Is there a difference?
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

INCOMING!!
    My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Obama hasn't killed anyone in a duel. In fact, I doubt Obama knows how to use a firearm properly...

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
        INCOMING!!
        Hal,

If we can see past the skin color, historically there really isn't a difference
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Obama hasn't killed anyone in a duel. In fact, I doubt Obama knows how to use a firearm properly...
          Not discussing personal, discussing how each President governed.

Comment

Jackson was a war hero. Both against the British and the Creek.
            First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
              Jackson was a war hero. Both against the British and the Creek.
              Yep... Jackson was actually competent at something...
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                Is there a difference?
                There certainly are a lot of psychological similarities: pathological narcissism, megalomania, delusions of grandeur, over inflated senses of self-importance, thin skinned...
                Both viewed the Constitution as an obstacle and were antithetical to republicanism.

The main differences were the fact that Jackson actually had functional experience and competence in something useful, wasn't a moron, wasn't a Marxist ideologue and probably didn't throw a baseball like a girl.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Is there a difference?
                  Yes, there is a major difference. Whatever his faults, Jackson was a man and acted like one. One specific incident clearly spells this out while he was in office. South Carolina threatened secession and Jackson told them if they tried it he would personally lead an army there to quell the rebellion.

South Carolina backed off.

Obama and his staff and advisors are nothing but 'waiting gentlewomen' to coin an old phrase. None have the requisite character to either lead or command.

Sincerely,
                  M
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    Yes, there is a major difference. Whatever his faults, Jackson was a man and acted like one. One specific incident clearly spells this out while he was in office. South Carolina threatened secession and Jackson told them if they tried it he would personally lead an army there to quell the rebellion.

South Carolina backed off.

Obama and his staff and advisors are nothing but 'waiting gentlewomen' to coin an old phrase. None have the requisite character to either lead or command.

Sincerely,
                    M
                    Plus they are too stupid to follow and too arrogant to get the Hell out of the way.

Comment

Not discussing personal, discussing how each President governed.
                      I didn't see that in the OP...

Comment

Both very interesting men, both not afraid to take on enemies of the USA.

One difference is that Jackson served as CIC during the 19th century, while Obama is serving as CIC now, in the 21st century.

Comment

I've always found it ironic when Democrats talk about how they're the "Party of Jackson." He'd be disgusted to see what his party's become and with Obama personally.
                          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                            I've always found it ironic when Democrats talk about how they're the "Party of Jackson." He'd be disgusted to see what his party's become and with Obama personally.
                            He'd probably shoot it's leadership...

Joke aside, Jackson was very much against central government and big government. He was also ardently against deficit spending by government. Basically, he stood for everything the Democrat party today wants far more of.

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                              Both very interesting men, both not afraid to take on enemies of the USA.

One difference is that Jackson served as CIC during the 19th century, while Obama is serving as CIC now, in the 21st century.
                              Which "...enemies of the USA." has Obama not been afraid to take on? From what I see of his record on that he is a coward when it comes to dealing with enemies of the US.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X