Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad cartoon contest planned for Phoenix anti-Islam rally

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sergio View Post
    Post 122 you replied to it. Neither was I, but others seemed to use it as a point of reference.
    OK, I did see that, but simply dismissed it. I was replying to the next line.

    The problem with the Nobel Prize, is that it has no prestige due to awards like that given to Obama. Since I can't pick and choose when to take the award seriously, I can't take the Prize itself seriously.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

    BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

    BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
      The problem with the Nobel Prize, is that it has no prestige due to awards like that given to Obama. Since I can't pick and choose when to take the award seriously, I can't take the Prize itself seriously.
      You could leave aside the Peace and Literature Prizes, and only consider the hard science. Not a fool-proof choice, but it does leave out much of the politics.
      Michele

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
        OK, I did see that, but simply dismissed it. I was replying to the next line.

        The problem with the Nobel Prize, is that it has no prestige due to awards like that given to Obama. Since I can't pick and choose when to take the award seriously, I can't take the Prize itself seriously.
        That was one of the most ridiculous decisions they have made. I would have had more respect for Obama if he had said I appreciate it but I think it should go elsewhere.

        With respect to the usual science, achievements, etc bit I think Hoodbhoy is always a place to start. Religion, religious orthodoxy and insular societies who do not question are the problems. Islam has had a massively negative effect on these societies academically, it is not the sole reason by a long shot but is a massive, massive part of the problem. Secular societies are the only way forward.

        http://www.imsc.res.in/~rahul/articles/hoodbhoy.pdf

        Now all we need is for 'Taieb' to come in not read anything anyone provides and respond with a well in the Golden Age argument.
        "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
        G.B Shaw

        "They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
        Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Michele View Post
          You could leave aside the Peace and Literature Prizes, and only consider the hard science. Not a fool-proof choice, but it does leave out much of the politics.
          Much, but by no means all. If anything, you will find that more and more of the prizes given out, in any field, are becoming politically controversial. Economics is a good example.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
            OK, I did see that, but simply dismissed it. I was replying to the next line.

            The problem with the Nobel Prize, is that it has no prestige due to awards like that given to Obama. Since I can't pick and choose when to take the award seriously, I can't take the Prize itself seriously.
            Same here. It has lost all credibility as a measure of worth or accomplishment.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

            Comment


            • Could somebody please show this to Mr Ritzheimer ?

              It's called, 'Keeper of the Flame,' and I'd love to see his face;
              Attached Files
              Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Same here. It has lost all credibility as a measure of worth or accomplishment.
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

                Comment

                Latest Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X