I find myself losing respect for Pamela Geller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find myself losing respect for Pamela Geller

I caught some of Hannity's program last night, tuning in to watch Juan Williams debate Pamela Geller. After that round, I find myself wondering if she might be hurting her cause. I know I walked away from that one thinking less of her.

I believe in free speech. I believe you have the right to make Mohammed cartoons. I believe you have the right to have an art expo about them.

I also believe other people have the right to disagree with you over whether or not that is a good idea, or tactful.

Juan Williams wasn't very keen on what she was doing. He believed it to be dangerous. I never once heard him say that the law should forbid her from doing it. But he didn't approve. He found it tactless and potentially harmful to citizens. As is his right.

She responded by calling him a fierce bully, drumming up a melodramatic performance as she declared that he was trying to impose Sharia law. I kid you not.

All he did was disagree with her. When he pointed out that she would be offending peaceful Muslims she then declared that peaceful Muslims will support her. Which is a bit of a stupid statement.

When they had that whole falderal with the artist trying to pass off a crucifix submerged in urine as art, I had no desire to engage in terrorist activity or ban said individual's right to free speech. That didn't stop me from viewing said would be artist as a childish hole and NOT an artist. Free speech cuts both ways after all.

In this last interview I found Pamela Geller to be a raging hole. I still believe people have a right to draw Mohammed cartoons. But her high horse grandstanding was distasteful. And that doesn't help matters.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Geller is cashing in on sensation created by the muslim reaction.

She's a symptom, not the disease.

Before muslims started threatening, much less actually killing, people for mocking the used camel dealer I had no idea that the muslim grip on their faith was so nebulous that such mockery created a danger of destroying it utterly.

In short, making a fuss over behavior X is a sure way for Human nature to cause people to show interest in X.

The muslim world needs to look at how it is perceived. There is a slow but steady move towards them being viewed as Achmed the Dead Terrorist and his stock line "I killll you".
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

On the other hand, the entire concept of "offending peaceful Muslims" is a massive oxymoron, about on a par with claiming that offending peaceful Christians will encourage them to kill you.

Are they "peaceful" or are they not? Is their religion paramont in their lives, or their perception that they themselves somehow are more important than their god, and thus easily offended and righteously permitted to kill those who offend them.

Geller's point about sharia law was not only well made, but irrefutable based on the repeated actions of Muslims as a whole. And who determines who has offended whom? America was deeply offended by 9/11, yet the Islamic religion still exists, a lesson completely misunderstood by Islam and it's leaders.

Western culture, and particularly America, is and always has been based on the ability to laugh at and mock ourselves when we become too prideful and pretentious, a quality lost long ago in the Middle East.

Just imagine who would be left alive on this planet if America lashed out at everyone that has offended us since WWII. No one. Unlike the Muslims, we are able to mock ourselves, and thus able to control our raw military destructive power, and it's a damned good thing for the rest of the world.

Although the Muslims demand that the entire world think and act just as they do, it's the very last thing they actually can afford to have happen, because therein lies the seeds of their total destruction. the moment we begin to think and act like them, we will start obliterating them in the same way that they obliterate those whom they do not like...and we have infinitely more destructive capability than any other single nation upon the face of the Earth.

The truly frightening thing about Islam is its total failure to realize what it is up against, and the terrible consequences that it is courting by its actions worldwide. Admiral Yamamoto understood all too well when he said "I fear we have only awakened the sleeping dragon, and filled it will a terrible resolve."

We are indeed "the sleeping dragon" of the world, best left alone and treated with the very same respect that Islam demands for itself.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I had no respect for her in the first place. She has a right to free speech and trying to murder someone for a cartoon and/or speaking their mind is way past ridiculous as well as evil.

Geller also has a right to make an ass out of herself, and she does that quite well.

Sincerely,
        M
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Geller has always struck me as a blowhard idiot. I staunchly defend the right of people to create cartoons that could be interpreted as anti-Muslim but she comes off as too aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
            Geller has always struck me as a blowhard idiot. I staunchly defend the right of people to create cartoons that could be interpreted as anti-Muslim but she comes off as too aggressive.
            As compared to fanatical Muslims who use any excuse, no matter how trivial, to justify killing anyone and everyone who disagrees with their warped view of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Although the Muslims demand that the entire world think and act just as they do, it's the very last thing they actually can afford to have happen, because therein lies the seeds of their total destruction. the moment we begin to think and act like them, we will start obliterating them in the same way that they obliterate those whom they do not like...and we have infinitely more destructive capability than any other single nation upon the face of the Earth.
              It is rare that I agree with you, and even rarer that you put into words the exact thing I have thought for a long time.

+1
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Before cable news these people never made the news, now they are the news.
                Some people call it progress. I don't
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                  It is rare that I agree with you, and even rarer that you put into words the exact thing I have thought for a long time.

+1
                  Don't worry...it probably won't ever happen again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X