Obama Tells Coast guard Global Warmng Is Threat To National Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Tells Coast guard Global Warmng Is Threat To National Security

Wow...this guy's elevator really doesn't go all the way to the top floor.
    At a time when the U.S. military is facing threats on multiple fronts -- most immediately, the advances of the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq, where the terror group recently seized Ramadi -- President Obama told U.S. Coast Guard Academy graduates that climate change needs to be added to that list of threats.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...curity-threat/
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Move to a beach house in The Keys and then tell us what influences you more
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      Move to a beach house in The Keys and then tell us what influences you more
      Global Warming? BS. Period!

Lower Michigan farmers came with end two degrees of losing their corn and bean crops last night
      . Those North of here will have to replant.

Having a major crop freeze out can certainly be a threat. Nearly all the apple crop, peaches, and tart cherries were wiped out for 2012 in the Midwest and East due to a killing freeze during blossom time.
      The cold snaps killed not only cherries, but also juice grapes, peaches, and apples. Losses across the state are estimated at $210 million.

The real threat? Obama's foreign policy and his failure to secure our borders from illegal immigration.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

How come I think of Obama like this...?

Comment

Global Warming a Hoax?
          http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=156459

Comment

I think they already knew that.
            #occupyarmchairgeneral.
            Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
            Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
              I think they already knew that.
              I think the average Coast Toastie doesn't give a about Gorebal Warming or what Obama thinks about it.

Comment

What's the Coast Guard supposed to do about it?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  I think the average Coast Toastie doesn't give a about Gorebal Warming or what Obama thinks about it.
                  That's why they ain't running the boat....people running the boat give a . Perhaps that's why Obama was speaking at the Academy...
                  #occupyarmchairgeneral.
                  Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
                  Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheBarbarian View Post
                    Give up some of their funding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Wow...this guy's elevator really doesn't go all the way to the top floor.
                      I saw that. I couldn't believe it when he started talking about global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheBarbarian View Post
                        Pull the Sun over and tell it to "kewl it".

Comment

I don't want to sound like a broken record but climate change is a real concern. What the politicisation of the anthropomorphic warming debate really does is it divides people along preexisting political ideology lines. The confidence of both sides in the debate is not based on science but political conviction. No matter who is right climate change is an important topic that is getting lost in the banter.

One thing I have noticed about Obama is he is not very good when it comes to dealing with non ideological topics. I would say the same was true of George W Bush. We are electing people not on their competency but on how closely they match our ideology.

Obama's handlers know he is not going to reach the hearts and minds of our military so when he addresses them he is really speaking to his core supporters. Since ideological purity seems to be demanded by both liberals and conservatives it leaves our politicians with very little maneuvering room to address issues based on a more rational factual bases.

Addressing issues in a non partisan, rationally compromising way without the normal tagline positions being introduced is impossible in the current political environment.
                          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                            I don't want to sound like a broken record but climate change is a real concern. What the politicisation of the anthropomorphic warming debate really does is it divides people along preexisting political ideology lines. The confidence of both sides in the debate is not based on science but political conviction. No matter who is right climate change is an important topic that is getting lost in the banter.

One thing I have noticed about Obama is he is not very good when it comes to dealing with non ideological topics. I would say the same was true of George W Bush. We are electing people not on their competency but on how closely they match our ideology.

Obama's handlers know he is not going to reach the hearts and minds of our military so when he addresses them he is really speaking to his core supporters. Since ideological purity seems to be demanded by both liberals and conservatives it leaves our politicians with very little maneuvering room to address issues based on a more rational factual bases.

Addressing issues in a non partisan, rationally compromising way without the normal tagline positions being introduced is impossible in the current political environment.

Be ready for flak
                            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

It's called 'weather.' It changes from time to time.

Obama's speech was nonsense, and worse than that, alarmist nonsense. Unfortunately, the president is a fool.

Sincerely,
                              M
                              We are not now that strength which in old days
                              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Working...
                              X