Clear All

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Wait until I dry my tears.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Savez View Post
    If you had an employee that wasn't doing their job you would do that. However, what if you couldn't fire that person for a couple of years? In the meantime they decide they need a raise.
    You get what you pay for.

Look, believe what you want, but if only millionaires can afford to run for Congress, how much loyalty do you expect to see from them?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    MSN: Massively Sycophantic News...

Anyone who believes a politician who says he needs more money is a bigger fool than the politican is.

Leave a comment:

• Jose50
    replied
    well, up heah in Cow Hampsha...

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    And they can vote themselves a raise...
    That is something that SHOULD NOT be allowed. I think a national referendum on how much a politician should make is long overdue. We (the people) vote them in, why can't we (the people) tell them how much they're going to make? Here, in Cow Hampsha, our state representatives (there are over 400 of them) don't get a salary. They get $200 per annum for expenses...and they still campaign to gat a seat in the House...at their own expense! Guv'mint BY the people, dammit!

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    You have checked rentals in those areas, right? As a Congressman, those offices have to be secure, and regularly swept for bugs.

And those examples are in some of the most expensive real estate markets in the USA.

In Texas, in the bigger Congressional districts reps often have more than one office due to the size of the area they have to represent.

But by all means, cut their pay. There's nothing like less salary to make a boss loved and to motivate an employee...
    Bosses all over America do it to their workers all of the time. Why should these dirtbags be any different?

This particular Democrat is drowning in millions of dollars in legal bills incurred fighting a mountain of corruption charges.
    if regular citizens can afford to live in Washing, District of Corruption, Congress creatures and Senate slime can do it too, or they can resign and try to get real jobs. No one is forcing them to live with their power and perks, paid for by the rest of us.

A Democratic congressman who still owes millions of dollars in legal bills racked up while fighting corruption allegations said on Monday that members of Congress need a raise in order to cope with the District of Columbia’s rising cost of living.
    The OP seems to have missed that little point.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ntcmp=HPBucket

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    He thinks they rate a pay raise......

“We are entering our seventh year without a pay raise. Now I think we’ve proven to the American people that we are responsible. And I know that it has impacted me personally.

We have more than 50 members, probably as many as 75 or more living in their offices. They’re not there because of any other reason than they can’t afford it. Now if people want us in sackcloth and ashes than they will get what they rightly deserve as representation.”

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/05/3251...oon_newsletter
    Pay for performance. Sorry, not deserving of one.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    If you had an employee that wasn't doing their job you would do that. However, what if you couldn't fire that person for a couple of years? In the meantime they decide they need a raise.
    And they can vote themselves a raise...

Leave a comment:

• Savez
    replied
    If they're not doing their job, fire 'em and hire someone else.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    If the employee is not doing their job they deserve less salary, especially if the boss is paying the price for the employee's incompetence.
    If they're not doing their job, fire 'em and hire someone else.

Leave a comment:

• Savez
    replied
    You have checked rentals in those areas, right? As a Congressman, those offices have to be secure, and regularly swept for bugs.

And those examples are in some of the most expensive real estate markets in the USA.

In Texas, in the bigger Congressional districts reps often have more than one office due to the size of the area they have to represent.

But by all means, cut their pay. There's nothing like less salary to make a boss loved and to motivate an employee...
    If the employee is not doing their job they deserve less salary, especially if the boss is paying the price for the employee's incompetence.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Bull S*** - they need a pay CUT. The "representation Americans deserve" would be honest, hard working and representative of the people's wishes. These 's are none of the above.

Of course they are livng in their offices, because their offices are far better than most working Americas' homes or apartments.

If they can't handle the economy they created, they can quit their taxpayer paychecks and find real jobs. McDonalds is always hiring.
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has more than quadrupled the rent on her San Francisco district office, making the $18,736-a-month cost of her new South of Market space the highest in the House, according to a new report.
    The rent - part of Pelosi's budget, which is funded by taxpayers - is nearly double the next-highest rent in the House: Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., pays $10,600 a month for his Manhattan office, while representatives from Sacramento, Boston and Los Angeles pay nearly that much, the report said.
    The financial data were compiled from public records by the nonprofit Sunlight Foundation and Roll Call, a political newspaper. Information from the database is not yet available online.
    Pelosi moved in the fall from the federal building at 450 Golden Gate Ave. to the 18-story federal building at 90 Seventh St. She had been paying about $4,300 a month for her old office, Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...ar-3261615.php

A office for $19K. a month. On our dime...

I'd like to see her get a raise with a rope...

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    He thinks they rate a pay raise......

“We are entering our seventh year without a pay raise. Now I think we’ve proven to the American people that we are responsible. And I know that it has impacted me personally.

We have more than 50 members, probably as many as 75 or more living in their offices. They’re not there because of any other reason than they can’t afford it. Now if people want us in sackcloth and ashes than they will get what they rightly deserve as representation.”

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/05/3251...oon_newsletter
    Bull S*** - they need a pay CUT. The "representation Americans deserve" would be honest, hard working and representative of the people's wishes. These 's are none of the above.

Of course they are livng in their offices, because their offices are far better than most working Americas' homes or apartments.

If they can't handle the economy they created, they can quit their taxpayer paychecks and find real jobs. McDonalds is always hiring.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    That's the excuse that the UC chancellors use for their fat paychecks. Ditto for our city counsel. Face it Arnie if you could vote yourself a raise you would.
    How do you think violent crime stats have declined while the entire CJ system stays overworked?

Never tie results to statistics. Otherwise its the Vietnam body count business all over again.

Performance should be evaluated by votes, not pay.

I'm no fan of Congress. But if the pay sucks, the only guys taking the job will be guys who are looking to get something out of the position, or who are rich enough to take it for ego's sake.

You want honest men, give honest pay.

Leave a comment:

• jonny87kz
    replied
    What they really need is a rope necktie.

Federal wages should be tied to the economy. All of them. If it goes up they get a raise, if it goes down they get a pay reduction. That would tend to slow them looting us...
    I like my idea that their pay should be tied to a percentage of the surplus. What surplus? There is a deficit? Oh that means they pay that percentage of the deficit to the government.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X