Gen. Charles Wald on Protecting the World’s Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen. Charles Wald on Protecting the World’s Oil

"Boone and General Charles Wald discuss American leadership, the cost of protecting the world's oil in the Middle East, military spending, and presidential promises over the past 40+ years."

https://audioboom.com/boos/3183215-e...he-world-s-oil

Comments later if I have the energy for it.
    We hunt the hunters

My guess is that if the cost of defending access to Middle Eastern oil over the past 40 years was transferred to the price of oil, the inflation adjusted price would have averaged over $100/bbl... In other words...There are no free lunches.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      "Boone and General Charles Wald discuss American leadership, the cost of protecting the world's oil in the Middle East, military spending, and presidential promises over the past 40+ years."

https://audioboom.com/boos/3183215-e...he-world-s-oil

Comments later if I have the energy for it.
      Unfortunately, the author begins with a terminally flawed premise - that we have an obligation of some sort to protect the oil supply of the world. We don't.

Our "job" is not to protect "the worlds oil supplies"; that is solely the resposnsibility of the individual oil producing nations. We have our own oil to protect and those nations can afford to protect themselves, and they have the overwhelming obligation to do so themselves, not to turn to us for free protection while they profit enormously.

We have no ethical or moral duty to police the world at our expense and the cost of the lives of our young men and women. Never have had and never will.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X