Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    From your own article

"Yet, at Twin Peaks restaurants in Texas and around the country, what are called “bike nights” were regularly on the calendar before this week’s shooting"

Unless Waco is Texas and around the country it doesn't look like the Waco manager was doing anything unusual for this cooperation.
    In this particular case, Waco PD advised them to cancel this particular "bike night."

Not all bikers and bike clubs are like the Bandidos or Cossaks.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
      I'm trying to find the names of the gangs involved but keep drawing a blank. Anyone out there seen them?
      Bandidos, Cossacks, Veterans and Scimitars i could find.

maybe you see more on these pics:

Attached Files
      One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
        In this particular case, Waco PD advised them to cancel this particular "bike night."

Not all bikers and bike clubs are like the Bandidos or Cossaks.
        The only thing that is really important here is that the police were unable to prevent the incident. If the "bike night" had been canceled nothing changes they still show up and the manager is forced to refuse service. If he refuses service he makes the restaurant a target. The police have no way of protecting the manager unless they send him into witness protection which is obviously absurd.

I can tell from the posts here that none of you have ever had to deal with gangs on a personal level. It has nothing to do with the police because their is nothing they can do until a crime is committed. I'm very happy that the police contain the gangs as well as they do but that is all that is possible containment. If you run them out of one location they popup somewhere else. No amount of public involvement changes the basic problems.

If you think I'm criticizing the Waco police I'm not. I'm criticizing the naivety with which people assume that the police can protect them. I'm also criticizing the assumptions that people made about what cooperating with the police entails. In some utopian world we just all cooperate with the police and the bad guys go away and the good guys win but that is not the world we are living in.
        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
          The only thing that is really important here is that the police were unable to prevent the incident. If the "bike night" had been canceled nothing changes they still show up and the manager is forced to refuse service. If he refuses service he makes the restaurant a target. The police have no way of protecting the manager unless they send him into witness protection which is obviously absurd.

I can tell from the posts here that none of you have ever had to deal with gangs on a personal level. It has nothing to do with the police because their is nothing they can do until a crime is committed. I'm very happy that the police contain the gangs as well as they do but that is all that is possible containment. If you run them out of one location they popup somewhere else. No amount of public involvement changes the basic problems.

If you think I'm criticizing the Waco police I'm not. I'm criticizing the naivety with which people assume that the police can protect them. I'm also criticizing the assumptions that people made about what cooperating with the police entails. In some utopian world we just all cooperate with the police and the bad guys go away and the good guys win but that is not the world we are living in.
          I had an "encounter" with a group of Bandidos back in the 1980's in a place where the police couldn't have helped had they been interested in harming "citizens". Most of the time, thsee sort of gangs are only threats to one another... most of the time.

Waco PD were doing the only thing they could do... Trying to prevent this fight from happening in their city. Failing that, they were prepared to contain this fight and protect the public.

This was as clean as this sort of operation can get.
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I had an "encounter" with a group of Bandidos back in the 1980's in a place where the police couldn't have helped had they been interested in harming "citizens". Most of the time, thsee sort of gangs are only threats to one another... most of the time.

Waco PD were doing the only thing they could do... Trying to prevent this fight from happening in their city. Failing that, they were prepared to contain this fight and protect the public.

This was as clean as this sort of operation can get.
            From what we know the Waco police did a good job, a job that I wouldn't want to do.

American apathy toward the police is not limited to minorities and the fringes of society. The old saying "there is never a cop when you need one" comes to mind. Worse than are perchance to bristle at authority is the romance associated with the outlaw. It isn't just social misfits like the biker gangs that glorify the criminal life style but we see it in our movies, music, and novels. The truth is that most of the members of these gangs are miserable people who are self medicating on sex, adrenaline and drugs. Being happy is an art form that seems to be beyond their grasp.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

Yep... Intel indicated that this sort of battle was brewing. There wasn't much police could do to prevent it. They were trying to ensure that it did not erupt in a heavily populated area.
              The meeting of the Confederation of Bikers has occurred many times without violence.

My bet is a bunch of lower ranked drug addicts went nuts...and then you have to protect your own holes.
              #occupyarmchairgeneral.
              Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
              Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                The meeting of the Confederation of Bikers has occurred many times without violence.

My bet is a bunch of lower ranked drug addicts went nuts...and then you have to protect your own holes.
                My guess is you are right and that it why the state and federal law enforcement were not terribly concerned. That lack of concern on the part of outside organization is just a reflection on the magnitude of the problem with biker gangs representing less than 3 percent of organized crime. The local police simply don't have the resources to deal with the problem. When I said that moving the meeting to a new location was not a solution I was simply pointing out the obvious in so far as the local police were not the solution.

I'm teetering on the brink of hypocrisy as a libertarian and going with a revision of the search and seizure laws to deal with these outlaws. I have nothing to hide so I have no reason to fear being searched. Our obsession with the right of privacy stems not from a need for privacy but our fear of authority. Privacy is a rather new concept in human affairs in anycase as privacy in small communities is an oxymoron. What we should be worried about is not privacy but invasive and discriminatory laws and enforcement. There are too many things that are illegal and too many draconian penalties.
                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post

Not a bad bet.

Comment

Too much media hype and frenzy of Death By Dirtbags.

There are far more important and worthwhile events going on throughout the world right now than to participate in an artificial feeding frenzy over a bunch of bikers killing each other.

Nothing to see here folks...go about your business.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Too much media hype and frenzy of Death By Dirtbags.

There are far more important and worthwhile events going on throughout the world right now than to participate in an artificial feeding frenzy over a bunch of bikers killing each other.

Nothing to see here folks...go about your business.
                      Too funny....

Lets see. Todd Starnes thinks the President is mad at him:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...56&postcount=1

Racist author has new book

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...36&postcount=1

Storage shed one at a school

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...07&postcount=1

Sex Ed at a school

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...17&postcount=1

Chasing Bears while drunk.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...67&postcount=1

And just about any other Fox News story MM can post on.
                      Last edited by Combat Engineer; 20 May 15, 10:13.
                      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      And why the sea is boiling hot—
                      And whether pigs have wings.”
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X