• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow news day...

When is "news" not news...

Here's the answer:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbea...xn?ocid=SMSDHP

The entire graduate class of 2016 at the University of Southern California's art and design school has dropped out, protesting faculty and curriculum changes.
    All seven (7) MFA students quit... Like the world needs more people with an MFA degree asking if you'd like fries with your burger...

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Here's the answer:

All seven (7) MFA students quit... Like the world needs more people with an MFA degree asking if you'd like fries with your burger...

It helps with the "presentation" of the food. Restaurants currently believe that the public will eat anything if it's presented attractively, or in the case of Hooters, distractingly.

The students probably quit because the faculty decided to actually grade their work and not just give away credits for their artistic bull.
      Last edited by Mountain Man; 17 May 15, 14:02. Reason: spelling
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        It helps with the "presentation" of the food. Restaurants currently believe that the public will eat anything if it's presented attractively, or in the case of Hooters, distractingly.
        I don't know how distracting an MFA major in a peasant dress and Birkenstocks with multiple tattoos and piercings would be...

The students probably wuit because the faculty decided to actually grade their work and not just give away credits for their artistic bull.
        From what the article implied, it was a change in subject matter that made the coursework geared more towards producing actual art... Obviously, that sort of thing stifles the creativity of some slacker wanting a degree without any effort to get it...

Comment

Here's the answer:

Interesting...am I the only one who noticed that a totally non-newsy "fluff" filler story from MSNBC is questions or derided the way the same story from Fox News would have been?

Holy hypocrisy, Batman...

Comment

I don't know how distracting an MFA major in a peasant dress and Birkenstocks with multiple tattoos and piercings would be...

From what the article implied, it was a change in subject matter that made the coursework geared more towards producing actual art... Obviously, that sort of thing stifles the creativity of some slacker wanting a degree without any effort to get it...
            It would distract the hell out of me. I don't want anybody like that even near my food.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X