Black Man vs White Man Carrying AR-15 Legally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    There is no way for you to accurately make that claim. The sling and posture has everything to do with how a person is approached.

In one video the police drove up from behind to a group of three people, two were filming, the other had an AR slung around his back.

In the other video the guy had a tactical sling at the ready walking towards the police officer.

Also you are assuming about the slings being exactly the same making no difference.

Both videos were shot at completely different locations and different police forces.

There is also a video of police driving up to a black man with a pistol pointed at a white man.....the police thanked the black man.....was that also because of his race?
    I think you're looking at this as if it's some isolated incident, in regards to the black male being treated differently. If this was some one-off situation, sure my assumptions would be baseless, but they're not. Because in reality it's just another example in a long list of occurrences that prove black people are still subject to negative stereotypes and different treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      I think you're looking at this as if it's some isolated incident, in regards to the black male being treated differently. If this was some one-off situation, sure my assumptions would be baseless, but they're not. Because in reality it's just another example in a long list of occurrences that prove black people are still subject to negative stereotypes and different treatment.
      That's the point Homeboy (I grew up in Penn Hills).

This is an isolated incident and it shouldn't be used to prove or disprove racial bias or prejudice.

The tactical posture of those guys carrying the rifle was so different that it can't be used to prove anything.
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

That's the point Homeboy (I grew up in Penn Hills).

This is an isolated incident and it shouldn't be used to prove or disprove racial bias or prejudice.

The tactical posture of those guys carrying the rifle was so different that it can't be used to prove anything.
        How do you explain the video I posted? Or the UVA student that was beaten by police? No racial bias there either?

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/busin...america_12-21/

No racial bias? Again, there are too many examples to disregard this as a freak occurrence.

In fact, I went to Penn Hills as well, graduated in 04 which wasn't all that long ago and still saw an extremely segregated school. I even had one teacher call the class out for segregating itself and then gave us assigned seats to desegregate.

To me that's a huge sign that kids are growing up with the wrong mentality.

There's still a huge issue with race in this country, its just been swept under the rug for a long time as many don't want to face it.

Comment

There is no way for you to accurately make that claim. The sling and posture has everything to do with how a person is approached.

In one video the police drove up from behind to a group of three people, two were filming, the other had an AR slung around his back.

In the other video the guy had a tactical sling at the ready walking towards the police officer.

Also you are assuming about the slings being exactly the same making no difference.

Both videos were shot at completely different locations and different police forces.

There is also a video of police driving up to a black man with a pistol pointed at a white man.....the police thanked the black man.....was that also because of his race?

In the examples above, both civilians were carrying arms. One could argue that the cop in the first part of the above video would have treated the black man the same as the white man was treated. We also dont know how the cop in the 2nd part of the above video would have reacted to the white man carrying the ar 15, could have gone both ways.

Not all LE members think alike , some LE folks(white or black) could hold Anti black or anti white views.
          Last edited by Taieb el-Okbi; 26 May 15, 15:44.

Comment

How do you explain the video I posted?
            I am clearly talking about the subject of this thread; the tactical posture of both people in the subject videos. You are hell bent on proving that there is racial bias in the US, the subject of this thread does not show that.

If you want to post videos of racial bias, please feel free to start a thread.

In fact, I went to Penn Hills as well, graduated in 04 which wasn't all that long ago and still saw an extremely segregated school. I even had one teacher call the class out for segregating itself and then gave us assigned seats to desegregate.
            I grew up in Penn Hills, I went to Central Catholic in Oakland, we didn't have segregation problems there. All races got along well at that school.

There's still a huge issue with race in this country, its just been swept under the rug for a long time as many don't want to face it.
            If you a basing this off of Penn Hills, you aren't seeing the whole picture. I currently live in a neighborhood where race isn't an issue. Everyone is judged for who they are not what they look like.
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
              [In the examples above, both civilians were carrying arms. One could argue that the cop in the first part of the above video would have treated the black man the same as the white man was treated. We also dont know how the cop in the 2nd part of the above video would have reacted to the white man carrying the ar 15, could have gone both ways.

Not all LE members think alike , some LE folks(white or black) could be hold Anti black or anti white views.

Again:

It is safe to say that the people that made the video want you to believe that.

Tac covered the LEO perspective very well

Now lets look at the facts as presented from the video.

Each man was confronted by a different police force.

The black man was using a tactical sling designed for rapid employment.

The white guy had a parade sling, it would take gymnastics for him to employ the rifle.

I only posted observations of the video. As you are aware, how a rifle is carried does make a difference in posture and how rapidly it can be employed.

Coming upon a man with a rifle slung across his back; the Officer would have enough time to break leather and take out the threat before he could employ the rifle.

Coming upon a man with a rifle on his side with a one point sling; the threat only has to lift the rifle and shoot, the Officer might not have enough time to break leather.

The other point is the difference between Oregon and Nevada Police procedures.

The Junior Academy of Science wouldn’t accept the video as proof of a hypothesis from a 4th grader because there are too many variables involved with the video.

Comment

Paul, your trying to dodge the bullet but I also made expert. Whaa, whaa about which sling they were using the black dude would have been handled totally different than the white guy regardless of the sling. Quit tossing strawmen, please.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

John, honestly, I'm not trying to dodge anything. I am pointing out that a person coming at you with a rifle at the ready in a tactical sling is going to get a different reaction than a person walking away from you with a parade sling and the rifle slung over the back.

The only thing that video proves is that the people that produced the video wants everyone to believe that it is racial. I'm not going to be sucked into someone else's racial agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    And yet the sentiment remains the same. Funny, that.
                    No it doesn't. My point was that if a slave in the antebellum South can become wealthy and successful then nobody has an excuse today. Your point or sentiment doesn't even fit the context.
                    “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                    --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                      Again:
                      Doesnt negate the fact that we dont know how the cop in the 2nd part of the video would have handled the white man carrying the AR15. Wrt the subject of the OP, The Cop who stopped the black man could be anti black, and I would like to hear from that cop who stopped the black man carrying the ar 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                        Doesnt negate the fact that we dont know how the cop in the 2nd part of the video would have handled the white man carrying the AR15. Wrt the subject of the OP, The Cop who stopped the black man could be anti black, and I would like to hear from that cop who stopped the black man carrying the ar 15.
                        That is true we do not not know how either cop would of dealt with the other situation. However one thing to note is that the two incidents where in completely different states, the 1st is in Oregon, the 2nd is in Nevada, IIRC not to far from the Mexican border. The Mentality of the Police in the second part would be a fair bit different than the ones in the first part, Also IIRC the location the second part takes place in I read was described as a high(er) crime zone (I believe you could see him walking past graffiti and razor wire, neither something you typically find in a well off neighborhood)... Though the location the first part was taken I do not know, could of been a run down part of town or it could of been a well off part of town...

In short the second vid it seems was far more "rigged" (not that it was necessarily done so on purpose) to have the cops react more aggressively than in the first part.

Another aspect is how the police where cued in on to them which is something we do not know... did they just stumble in on them? or did some one call them in, and if so what did they say?

Edit:
                        The big problem is that the vid treats them as the same situation and same area when their not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X