X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Actions speak louder than words.

http://rt.com/usa/jefferson-muzzle-o...istration-708/

The 2014 awards were swept by the Obama administration...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...freedoms-obama

Emphasis added.
    His administration is one of the most opaque administrations in history, which is just one of his many failures as president.

But how does that translate into wanting "the 1984 solution of Newspeak and thought crime"?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
      His administration is one of the most opaque administrations in history, which is just one of his many failures as president.

But how does that translate into wanting "the 1984 solution of Newspeak and thought crime"?

It doesn't, when people exaggerations like that they make VERY NICE PEOPLE of themselves and show a shocking ignorance to the plight of people whose freedoms and liberties are genuinely being oppressed.

So basically they are VERY NICE PEOPLE.

- Edited by ACG Staff
      Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 31 May 15, 00:05. Reason: That language isn't acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
        Sounds more like your interpretation, but not what he said. Especially when MSMs that rarely disagree or dispute him are not also cited. This was all covered earlier here back about post #39 ...
        http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...2&postcount=39

And like I said shortly after, ever read and understand "1984" and "Animal Farm"?
        Well the instant he or any democrat proposes any legislation or executive order that in any way increases government control or influence on the editorial policy of any news media, I would be happy to agree.

By the way I seen the movies and read the books and most everything else Orwell wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
          Well the instant he or any democrat proposes any legislation or executive order that in any way increases government control or influence on the editorial policy of any news media, I would be happy to agree.
          Rest assured that we in the press have not received any instructions from Obama, and if we did receive them, we would release a collective laugh.

We answer to ourselves. That is all.
          "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
            Rest assured that we in the press have not received any instructions from Obama, and if we did receive them, we would release a collective laugh.

This is exactly what everyone had suspected that the press has been instructed to say.................
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post

And yet you consistently turn a blind eye to the corruption and criminal activity present in our government. Not the moral high ground you claim, it it?

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                And yet you consistently turn a blind eye to the corruption and criminal activity present in our government. Not the moral high ground you claim, it it?

I don't believe you subscribe to my newspaper, website, breaking news mailer, or our social media releases.

So, I don't think you have a clue what you're referring to when you accuse you me of turning a blind eye to corruption or criminal activity, two of my favorite story topics.

I'm so high up on the moral high ground that I can't even hear your baseless complaints.

Just because I don't spend my days posting every story that comes from FOX News onto a niche forum doesn't mean I don't care about the government.
                "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

The latest assault on the First and Second Amendment

Commonly used and unregulated internet discussions and videos about guns and ammo could be closed down under rules proposed by the State Department, amounting to a "gag order on firearm-related speech," the National Rifle Association is warning.
                  In updating regulations governing international arms sales, State is demanding that anyone who puts technical details about arms and ammo on the web first get the OK from the federal government — or face a fine of up to $1 million and 20 years in jail.
                  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nr...rticle/2565762

The results would be a ban on discussion of specific guns in this forum as well. So, no discussions or links to a Nitro 600 or anything gun or ammo related.

And, if you think it would stop there, I have this bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
                  “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

The Washington Examiner, Ron?

Yikes. Real journalists shouldn't be using a blog as their primary source.

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post

Too bad we don't have a real journalist here to call the Washington Examiner out, right?

The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post

Did you misread the article? It is discussing the State Department shutting down discussion on websites about guns and ammo, not journalist using them as a news source.

Decide for yourself what this policy means and if it could be used to censor free speech on the Internet.
                        https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulat...sed_rules.html
                        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

• Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

Decide for yourself what this policy means and if it could be used to censor free speech on the Internet.
                          I'm not worried in the least...

BoRG

Comment

Did you misread the article? It is discussing the State Department shutting down discussion on websites about guns and ammo, not journalist using them as a news source.

I'm afraid I read the page linked, but couldn't tell where it said discussing firearms could be illegal, or the section that could be interpreted that way. Could you paste it for me here? I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                              I'm afraid I read the page linked, but couldn't tell where it said discussing firearms could be illegal, or the section that could be interpreted that way. Could you paste it for me here? I'd really appreciate it.
                              You have to dig through the pdf files of the proposal. Even then, it isn't clear if it is detailed discussions of technical data, or discussion or releasing classified data on line that is the punishable offense. (Think Eric Snowden of Wikileaks.) Such is the problem with rules and regulations written up by Government bureaucrats that soon explode into thousands of pages of laws designed to regulate every minute details of our lives.
                              “Breaking News,”

Comment

You have to dig through the pdf files of the proposal. Even then, it isn't clear if it is detailed discussions of technical data, or discussion or releasing classified data on line that is the punishable offense. (Think Eric Snowden of Wikileaks.) Such is the problem with rules and regulations written up by Government bureaucrats that soon explode into thousands of pages of laws designed to regulate every minute details of our lives.
                                Thanks for the help!

My impression of the repeated reference to 'technical data' was to criminalize, say, the illegal passing of copyrighted or classified information to a third party, or perhaps to make it illegal to spread information on certain types of weapons or equipment (such as an illegal clip or whatever), since 'technical data' has different connotations than just "I have a shotgun with a 18" barrel".

Don't get me wrong, healthy skepticism when the government is involved is always good, but my impression so far is that this would be a bit of a reach to think this will lead to making it illegal to talk about guns - the 1st amendment is probably one of the strongest and there are enough pro-gun lobbies, people, and states to keep the government from making even talking about guns illegal.

But then, should some discussion related to firearms be illegal? Should a website be free to post information on how to defeat airport security or how to convert a semi-automatic into a fully-automatic?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X