Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Try this part of the OP, comrade ...

He went on to say that he wants to change how America’s journalists do their jobs.

“[W]e’re going to have to change how our body politic thinks, which means we’re going to have to change how the media reports on these issues,” the president said.

Sounds non-Fox specific to me.
    Yes, as politicians have done throughout history he is talking in generalities about a need about a change in attitude by journalists and the public at large. Not the first President to complain about irresponsibility in the press or call for a change. Still not censorship.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Sounds to me like Obama wants total control over the press like some tin pot dictator would do in South America or elsewhere.
      Sounds to me like you are hearing what you want to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
        Yes, as politicians have done throughout history he is talking in generalities about a need about a change in attitude by journalists and the public at large. Not the first President to complain about irresponsibility in the press or call for a change. Still not censorship.
        Sounds more like your interpretation, but not what he said. Especially when MSMs that rarely disagree or dispute him are not also cited. This was all covered earlier here back about post #39 ...
        http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...2&postcount=39

And like I said shortly after, ever read and understand "1984" and "Animal Farm"?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
          Same with the obamabots posting here.

Comment

“[W]e’re going to have to change how our body politic thinks, which means we’re going to have to change how the media reports on these issues,” the president said.
            What does that mean or imply to you? It says to me that Obama wants to muzzle the press and make it report what he wants it to report.

Comment

What does that mean or imply to you? It says to me that Obama wants to muzzle the press and make it report what he wants it to report.
              And it means to me exactly, literally what he is saying - that he wants to change how people think and he wants to change how stories are carried in the media.

Obviously, this is an attack on the 1st amendment.

Are you telling me you don't want to change how people think or how the media reports on stories you consider important? I know I do.

Comment

And it means to me exactly, literally what he is saying - that he wants to change how people think and he wants to change how stories are carried in the media.

Obviously, this is an attack on the 1st amendment.

Are you telling me you don't want to change how people think or how the media reports on stories you consider important? I know I do.
                No, I'm saying it's none of the government's, or it representatives, business what or how people think or how the media wants to portray a story. What Obama wants is the 1984 solution of Newspeak and thought crime.

It is the North Korean / Cuban / Soviet way of "free speech." That is, you are free to say anything the government approves of.

Comment

No, I'm saying it's none of the government's, or it representatives, business what or how people think or how the media wants to portray a story. What Obama wants is the 1984 solution of Newspeak and thought crime.

It is the North Korean / Cuban / Soviet way of "free speech." That is, you are free to say anything the government approves of.
                  And where does he say that?

Comment

Why not? That's all you hear.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Why not? That's all you hear.
                      Glass houses, MM.

Comment

And where does he say that?
                        Actions speak louder than words.

http://rt.com/usa/jefferson-muzzle-o...istration-708/

The 2014 awards were swept by the Obama administration...

On Wednesday this week, the Thomas Jefferson Center for the Protection of Free Expression announced that the US Justice Dept. had topped this year’s list of “Jefferson Muzzle” recipients, an award handed out every April since 1992 “as a means to draw national attention to abridgments of free speech and press and, at the same time, foster an appreciation for those tenets of the First Amendment.”

The White House Press Office was listed in the second slot among this year’s “winners,” trailed immediately by a third-place tie between the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...freedoms-obama

It's hardly news that the Obama administration is intensely and, in many respects, unprecedentedly hostile toward the news-gathering process. Even the most Obama-friendly journals have warned of what they call "Obama's war on whistleblowers". James Goodale, the former general counsel of the New York Times during its epic fights with the Nixon administration, recently observed that "President Obama wants to criminalize the reporting of national security information" and added: "President Obama will surely pass President Richard Nixon as the worst president ever on issues of national security and press freedom."
                        Emphasis added.
                        Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 29 May 15, 21:03. Reason: Content added.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                          Obama only talks about "irresponsibility" when the issue is criticism directed at him by the media. He particularly does not like Fox because it routinely reports on every screw-up he makes, and there are a lot of them. That's known as "hypocrisy".

However, if it were up to Obama, the media would be under his control "for the good of the American people", just as Stalin and Hitler placed the media under tight government control, and that is called "censorship".

Comment

Glass houses, MM.
                            Bags of , DD.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Obama only talks about "irresponsibility" when the issue is criticism directed at him by the media. He particularly does not like Fox because it routinely reports on every screw-up he makes, and there are a lot of them. That's known as "hypocrisy".

However, if it were up to Obama, the media would be under his control "for the good of the American people", just as Stalin and Hitler placed the media under tight government control, and that is called "censorship".

I agree, Obama, doesn't like any criticism about himself or his policies and he will fight like a tiger, but he will act like a lamb when it comes to standing up to the sworn enemies of the US, the guy is an enigma to me.
                              Last edited by Trung Si; 29 May 15, 20:39.
                              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                                I agree, Obama, doesn't like any criticism about himself or his policies and he will fight like a tiger, but he will act like a lamb when it comes to standing up to the sworn enemies of the US, the guy is an enigma to me.
                                That's because they are not HIS sworn enemies, they are his heroes.

Once you process that, the mystery vanishes.
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X