Obama Rants Against The First Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    The rich do everything possible to stay rich while keeping the rest of us out of the money pile. And when the poor do break through, guess what color most of them are?
    Outside of a few counties in Oregon and Washington, making minimum wage and affording a 1 bedroom apartment working 40 hours a week, fulltime, is impossible...

#occupyarmchairgeneral.
    Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
      Jon Stewart as an example of "fair and balanced"

OP is about the 1st Amendment, not poverty. More specifically POTUS desire to see it strangled by Fed control of what is said and how in order to change how we "think" politically.

Get a clue comrade putz.

(BTW, ever read and understand "1984" or "Animal Farm"?)
      Fox's characterizations of poor people:
      • "America's poor are actually living the good life."
      • "A nation of Takers."
      • "Entitlement Mentality."
      • "The moocher class."
      • "Subsided freeloaders."
      • "People who sleep 'til noon."
      • "The handout nation rolls on."
      • "The image we have of poor people as starving and living in squalor really is not accurate. Many of them have things, what they lack is the richness of spirit." (That was Stuart Varney.)
      • "These programs do make people lazy."
      • "The true causes of poverty... are these: poor education, addiction, irresponsible behavior, and laziness"
      • "Addictive behavior, laziness and apathy all override social justice programs."
      • "They get food stamps, it makes it easy for them to sponge off of their girlfriends and spouses."
      • "The more of the leeches that he [Obama] can get to vote for him ..." "the 'Takers' are able to out-vote the 'Makers.'"

who-said-it-fox-news-or-j
      #occupyarmchairgeneral.
      Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
      Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
        Outside of a few counties in Oregon and Washington, making minimum wage and affording a 1 bedroom apartment working 40 hours a week, fulltime, is impossible...
        That's because it is a starter wage earned by about 4% of the workers out there. Its not a way of life...

... unless you are a Marxist trying to put everyone on the same pay-scale no matter what they are doing. Raising the minimum wage decreases the number of people on the payroll, period. However, there are people out there who think that it would cause the guys in charge to lower their own salary... thus realizing the Maoist dream of putting everyone on the same pay-scale.
        Which would also reduce everyone to a minimum-pay rate of enthusiasm and effort.
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
          Not playing God at all. In fact, setting aside non-rational entirely faith based notions of God and or a "soul" with the attached notions of "Divine Justice" and "Judgment", observation makes it clear that the sum total of biology, experience and circumstances sharply limits real or imagined choices.
          I have to disagree on principle, being someone that has a few of those.

Honestly, you Progressives are tearing down so many good things, like Freedom, Liberty, privacy, property rights, and now you are saying that Free Choice itself is a crock?

This thread is about trampling the Freedom of Speech, another item on the Progressive agenda that shows the all-out effort to crush everyone you don't approve of, but not you people are going beyond that to attack what's in people's minds.
          Oh yeah, well, welcome to the Progressive education system, eh?

Dont know what you are trying to say here. My point was about about the line between have and have nots in an unrestrained capitalist system being necessarily at least partially, though not entirely, arbitrary and ever changing.
          Yeah, some old thing, intrude into people's lives every way you can, but then say "Hey look, we are helping you by destroying the Free Markets, and soon you can take things away from people that have more stuff than you do!"

Since when has that ever helped anyone?

BTW- there is NOT SUCH THING as unrestrained Capitalism. Businesses are fleeing the nation that most heavily taxed them; the USA.

Were you stoned when you watched Apocalypse Now?
          Hell yeah, why watch that thing sober?
          And the only point is; if people like you are the future of Humanity, I want no part of it.

Especially not when people like you view 90% of the human race as being inferior to you because they have some form of spiritual beliefs.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
            Jon Stewart as an example of "fair and balanced"

OP is about the 1st Amendment, not poverty. More specifically POTUS desire to see it strangled by Fed control of what is said and how in order to change how we "think" politically.

Get a clue comrade putz.
            You are right, when it comes to Faux it is very unfair to use their own words against them. It is just too easy.

Nobody is talking about closing down or censoring Faux, except Faux playing Joan of Arc. Obama has every right to call BS on his political opponents including Faux, or even the actual real news media, as all politicians have done throughout history regardless of the form of government.

Comment

You are right, when it comes to Faux it is very unfair to use their own words against them. It is just too easy.

Nobody is talking about closing down or censoring Faux, except Faux playing Joan of Arc. Obama has every right to call BS on his political opponents including Faux, or even the actual real news media, as all politicians have done throughout history regardless of the form of government.
              But you forget that when Obama does something it's completely different from whenever anyone else does it. If Obama came out as a vegetarian people would be posting within the day about how Obama was seeking to ban meat eating.

Comment

Fox's characterizations of poor people:
                [LIST][*]"America's poor are actually living the good life."
                They are when you compare them to the entire planet. That is how the Left usually does things when comparing US consumption of things like energy. So, comparing the poor around the world to US poor should be adequate too. By that standard, almost all poor in America are well off.
                [*]"A nation of Takers."
                Just the freeloaders living off government largesse. "I got my Obama phone!" "Obama's going to pay my mortgage!"
                [*]"Entitlement Mentality."
                That exists too. How many people want a $15 minimum wage for the same work they're currently doing? How many protesters are there for "free" college education?
                [*]"The moocher class."
                See the above two.

[*]"Subsided freeloaders."
                The above three renamed.
                [*]"People who sleep 'til noon."

[*]"The handout nation rolls on."
                And, look how well that has worked out in Progressive Democrat run states like California, Illinois, Michigan...

[*]"The image we have of poor people as starving and living in squalor really is not accurate. Many of them have things, what they lack is the richness of spirit." (That was Stuart Varney.)

If by "...richess of spirit..." he means lazy and stupid, then he's right.
                [*]"These programs do make people lazy."
                I think that should read: These programs do many people lazier.

[*]"The true causes of poverty... are these: poor education, addiction, irresponsible behavior, and laziness"

In good part he's absolutely right. Smart energetic people don't stay poor long if they are poor at all.
                [*]"Addictive behavior, laziness and apathy all override social justice programs."
                Pretty much.

[*]"They get food stamps, it makes it easy for them to sponge off of their girlfriends and spouses."
                Hell, their girlfriends and spouses are usually just as big a bunch of sponges.

[*]"The more of the leeches that he [Obama] can get to vote for him ..." "the 'Takers' are able to out-vote the 'Makers.'"

A typical ploy of Left. But, then again, the poor, lazy, and stupid generally don't vote unless it is by Democrat use of voter fraud... Remember ACORN among others...?

Comment

Know your limitations and do not be choosy when it comes to jobs. Ego sometimes keeps us away from reality. A lot of people think they can be managers when their math s***. I know of an Asian male who immigrated to Canada when recession hit the country. He started as a manual factory worker. While he was working, he was taking engineering courses at night. He became manager. Do not think you are exploited when you volunteer. Of course, the businessman would not hire anybody without knowing how he works. He's got to know if either you behave responsibly in the workplace or a whiner with nothing to whine about. I volunteered free for 3 months until my employer took me in. Satisfied with my work, he gives me a 50 cent raise a year. Put your place in that of the employer. Would you give a 40 dollars an hour salary right away? Free enterprise works because it culls in efficient and well behaved executives. Those without skills like me belong to their rightful niche. I am satisfied with my situation. Cannot ask for more. No wonder those who propagate mobocracy and leftism (like J.H.) are fired one by one. Sarah Palin, Nancy Reagan, and Cindy McCain for office managers!
                  Last edited by wilyfox; 24 May 15, 19:53.

Comment

Wow...that was fast. Everybody talks about how quickly Godwin's Law pops up in forum discussions, but Foxophobia is a whole lot faster and more dependable.

For the record, lynelhutz, your personal news source is no better than anyone else's, so that makes you part of the problem and not part of any imagined "solution".

Obam has yet to prove that anything Fox has reported about him is untrue, so there goes the veracity of your personal little god. Politicans are public figures - they do not get to whine and snivel about the news that is printed about them, especially not this POS president who personally smeared Palin and her dauughter and encouraged Democratic garbage brains like Letterman to call them ******.

If Obama is your idol, you need to get a life before it's too late.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/senatorsand...447908/?type=1

So what do we do, Pope Francis? Rule by the mob?
                      Last edited by wilyfox; 24 May 15, 20:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Wow...that was fast. Everybody talks about how quickly Godwin's Law pops up in forum discussions, but Foxophobia is a whole lot faster and more dependable.

For the record, lynelhutz, your personal news source is no better than anyone else's, so that makes you part of the problem and not part of any imagined "solution".

Obam has yet to prove that anything Fox has reported about him is untrue, so there goes the veracity of your personal little god. Politicans are public figures - they do not get to whine and snivel about the news that is printed about them, especially not this POS president who personally smeared Palin and her dauughter and encouraged Democratic garbage brains like Letterman to call them ******.

Maybe you should make a new version: Mountain Man's Law: The propensity in any internet conversation where FOX News is mentioned to generate a snide dismissal of whatever was attributed to FOX as (variously) a lie, an inaccuracy, drivel, irrelevancy, or just outright meaninglessness by someone in the conversation. This approaches 100% as the number or participants increases above ten.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                          But you forget that when Obama does something it's completely different from whenever anyone else does it. If Obama came out as a vegetarian people would be posting within the day about how Obama was seeking to ban meat eating.
                          I would!
                          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                            I would!
                            I told that line about Obama to a friend of mine and his response was "no brother would ever be a vegetarian".

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Try following what's been said for once. Obama criticized Faux for their portrayal of poor people, not for what they said about him. Faux then says they never portrayed poor people that way. It was then shown that they did, in their own words. That's what lynelhutz meant by it being too easy to slam Faux.
                              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

One might note that the states with the highest costs / number of hours worked tend to be the most liberal / Progressive ones. Maybe a solution to the problem would be to make practicing Progressive Leftist politics a serious felony and eliminate the Progressive Left from society. It follows that rents for apartments would fall and workers on low wages would find them more affordable...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X