Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Racist Professor at Boston University...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
    If ONLY profiling is used as pretext to search someone then it is unconstitutional. If there are other factors at play it isn't.
    Something as simple as being in a high-crime area or near an incident is more than enough as a secondary factor. Suspicious activity is the most-used reason, and it is up to the judgement of the officer. Hard to question it. There is no easy answer. One thing we DO know is that it works. Well. Ask New York City.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handsome Jack View Post
      Incarcerations don't necessarily tell all crime statistics. Not all crimes go punished or result in longterm incarceration.
      So what evidence or theories or hypotheticals can you offer to suggest that crimes are committed at a much higher rate than incarcerations or arrests?

Comment

• Originally posted by Armored Fist View Post
        Actually, as a percentage of the population, blacks commit more crime.

That might not be true though.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
          So what evidence or theories or hypotheticals can you offer to suggest that crimes are committed at a much higher rate than incarcerations or arrests?
          I never said "much higher rate". You're putting words in my mouth.

I stated that not all crimes go punished and not all crimes in this country lead to outright incarceration. If you believe that literally every wrongdoing in this country is immediately and swiftly punished, and the offender then sent off to prison, you're heavily mistaken.

Not to mention Whites make up the majority-population, so it'd be obvious and apparent why they make up the slight majority of overall incarcerations.

Do look up though the division of crimes, how many Whites are in for fraud or minor drug possession, and then how many Blacks are in for murder, theft, and violence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
            That might not be true though.
            *sigh*

Arrests for 2013, most recent final statistics:

Total Arrests: 9,014,635

White: 6,214,197 (68%)

Black: 2,549,655 (28%)

Population (2013)

White: 77.7%

Black: 13.2%

Do I need to do the math for you?

Take a look at table 43B in the first link provided, and you will notice the crime rate is a great deal higher for those under the age of 18.

Facts are SOOOOOO inconvenient.
            Last edited by Armored Fist; 16 Jul 15, 15:40.

Comment

I never said "much higher rate". You're putting words in my mouth.

I stated that not all crimes go punished and not all crimes in this country lead to outright incarceration. If you believe that literally every wrongdoing in this country is immediately and swiftly punished, and the offender then sent off to prison, you're heavily mistaken.

Not to mention Whites make up the majority-population, so it'd be obvious and apparent why they make up the slight majority of overall incarcerations.

Do look up though the division of crimes, how many Whites are in for fraud or minor drug possession, and then how many Blacks are in for murder, theft, and violence.
              You are nothing but a troll. onto ignore.

Comment

You are nothing but a troll. onto ignore.
                Yeah, it seems that there's nothing more upsetting than someone with facts that blow your argument out of the water.

Face, meet palm.

Comment

Yeah, it seems that there's nothing more upsetting than someone with facts that blow your argument out of the water.

Face, meet palm.
                  He said, when presented with facts, that oh, not all crimes are reported. You are being as disingenuous as him. Goodbye.

Comment

He said, when presented with facts, that oh, not all crimes are reported. You are being as disingenuous as him. Goodbye.
                    Facts are upsetting, I know, Lakey-poo.

Comment

I have also been "profiled" because of my skin color in Georgia by black police officers.
                      How can you be sure that it was because of race?

The reason that I ask that is because younger people also get profiled.
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Face, meet palm.
                        Let the kid throw his tantrum. When they get angry, you know you've won. I guess some people see Blacks as saints walking among us, and Whites as the pure devil.

Glad to be sharing his ignore list with you!

Comment

*sigh*

Arrests for 2013, most recent final statistics:

Total Arrests: 9,014,635

White: 6,214,197 (68%)

Black: 2,549,655 (28%)

Population (2013)

White: 77.7%

Black: 13.2%

Do I need to do the math for you?

Take a look at table 43B in the first link provided, and you will notice the crime rate is a great deal higher for those under the age of 18.

Facts are SOOOOOO inconvenient.
                          Hi my name is Andy and I have a drinking problem

Thanks for the link.
                          Whilst the 'facts' speak for themselves, arrests and convictions aren't the same thing as we both know.
                          From memory the % of arrests too convictions based upon race is a lot more problematical and less clear cut than just the arrest figures would suggest.

Regards

Andy H
                          "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Let the kid throw his tantrum. When they get angry, you know you've won. I guess some people see Blacks as saints walking among us, and Whites as the pure devil.

Glad to be sharing his ignore list with you!
                            Let us not forget your argument, which is also proven wrong by these stats:

Originally posted by Handsome Jack View Post
                            >unreasonable

If the majority of crimes committed in this country are by Blacks, it is 100% reasonable to have suspicion.
                            Majority of crimes in this country are committed by whites. As proven.

Of course, you can argue that as a percentage of population yadda yadda, but then that is a whole another argument from "majority of crimes are committed by blacks". If you don't understand the difference then you don't understand your own argument, and as such there is no point listening to you.

Profiling alone cannot be used as any kind of reason for arrest, or anything for that matter, as I bet every last one of us fits some profile that would give 'reason' for arrest or action.

Or in general reminds me of this:
                            http://i.imgur.com/IuKevJu.jpg

That's not to say it's useless. But it has to be complex. For example take social class into account...I'd be interested of incarceration rates by social class divided between ethnicity/color. Ie. is the incarceration rate for rich black people the same or different as rich white people...and what would cause it(for example the simple fact of profiling by color would have a ripple effect on all social classes)?
                            Last edited by Karri; 17 Jul 15, 15:26.
                            Wisdom is personal

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                              How can you be sure that it was because of race?

The reason that I ask that is because younger people also get profiled.
                              When the words "Cracker-Ass" and "Lily-White Mother****er" are used, it kind of tips their hand, don't you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Karri View Post
                                Let us not forget your argument, which is also proven wrong by these stats:

Majority of crimes in this country are committed by whites. As proven.

Of course, you can argue that as a percentage of population yadda yadda, but then that is a whole another argument from "majority of crimes are committed by blacks". If you don't understand the difference then you don't understand your own argument, and as such there is no point listening to you.

Profiling alone cannot be used as any kind of reason for arrest, or anything for that matter, as I bet every last one of us fits some profile that would give 'reason' for arrest or action.

Or in general reminds me of this:
                                http://i.imgur.com/IuKevJu.jpg

That's not to say it's useless. But it has to be complex. For example take social class into account...I'd be interested of incarceration rates by social class divided between ethnicity/color. Ie. is the incarceration rate for rich black people the same or different as rich white people...and what would cause it(for example the simple fact of profiling by color would have a ripple effect on all social classes)?
                                I just have a picture for you...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X