Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Security chief warns of new page in terror.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
    I admit I don't really know too much about the specifics of this officer but what makes you say he was well trained? Policemen run an extreme range from well trained to all but completely untrained.
    I was referring to the Garland Texas officer who took out two terrorist with a .45 cal. Pistol. They were armed with AK47s and wearing body armor.
    I think he fired four times.
    I'd say that he was pretty well trained.
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      I get the same magazine, sure, people protect themselves everyday.
      How many of these cases involve people armed with pressure cooker bombs?
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        I get the same magazine, sure, people protect themselves everyday.
        How many of these cases involve people armed with pressure cooker bombs?
        I'll concede that. What we really need to do is discourage the distributors of jihad. Like that clown in the UK. Why is he still around?
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I was referring to the Garland Texas officer who took out two terrorist with a .45 cal. Pistol. They were armed with AK47s and wearing body armor.
          I think he fired four times.
          I'd say that he was pretty well trained.
          Right, I understand who you were talking about. I was just wondering if you had any specific information on the quality of firearms training in his department. In any case I'd say you made a pretty reasonable assumption under those circumstances. Those couldn't have been easy shots, especially with a .45 Glock.
          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

I'll concede that. What we really need to do is discourage the distributors of jihad. Like that clown in the UK. Why is he still around?
            This is our achillies heel, free speech, seperation of state and religion, just where and how to cross the line.
            I agree with you, they should be prohibited from spreading thier hate.

Comment

And WE will gun them down. I don't expect the government to save my ass. I expect my fellow citizen to. Just like I'd do the same for them.
              Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition !!
              I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
              --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

This is our achillies heel, free speech, seperation of state and religion, just where and how to cross the line.
                I agree with you, they should be prohibited from spreading thier hate.
                We need to match their hate speech with as much good as possible. A liberal administration that fosters racial prejudice and rioting in the streets needs to be eliminated in 2016. Republicans need to grow a backbone. Its time for conservatism to take a stand and stop "compromising" or championing "bi-partisanship" which are terms that really mean "pander to the Dems".
                I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                  We need to match their hate speech with as much good as possible. A liberal administration that fosters racial prejudice and rioting in the streets needs to be eliminated in 2016. Republicans need to grow a backbone. Its time for conservatism to take a stand and stop "compromising" or championing "bi-partisanship" which are terms that really mean "pander to the Dems".
                  I agree. I also think that, rather than trying to find ways to encourage illegal immigration it's more critical than ever that we find ways to control who comes across the border. Many of the people recruited by ISIS might be US citizens already but at least we can have some hope of controlling who and what comes across if we can just get a handle on stopping illegal immigration. Uncontrolled immigration is something that needs to be fixed or even if we identify and stop domestic terrorists we're still wide-open for those that walk across the border.

Comment

I do agree we are entering a new phase, where second and third generation Muslims become radicalised over the net. Barriers to entry are low, with guns and explosives obtainable. High risk targets are police officers and members of the armed forces.
                    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

I wouldn't call explosives easily obtainable. In fact it seems to me that most failed terrorist attacks in the US are thwarted when they try to buy explosives and show up on the government's radar. The thwarted attacks we hear about at least.
                      "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                        I wouldn't call explosives easily obtainable. In fact it seems to me that most failed terrorist attacks in the US are thwarted when they try to buy explosives and show up on the government's radar. The thwarted attacks we hear about at least.
                        The ingredients for home made explosives are easily obtainable.
                        Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

I'm sure I will be pillared for posting a news story by the usual deniers on the forum. But following up on my other post a few days ago, about the raised threat level, this just in...

"US Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson says the global terrorist threat has entered a "new phase" Provided by AFP US Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson says the global terrorist threat has entered a "new phase"
                          The global terrorist threat has entered a "new phase," where media-savvy Islamist extremists are successfully drawing lone wolf attackers to their cause, the US secretary of Homeland Security warned Sunday.

In an interview with ABC News, Jeh Johnson said the Islamic State group's influence was spreading far beyond the battlegrounds of the Middle East.

"We're very definitely in a new environment, because of ISIL's (IS's) effective use of social media, the Internet, which has the ability to reach into the homeland and possibly inspire others," Johnson said.

"We're very definitely in a new phase in the global terrorist threat, where the so-called lone wolf could strike at any moment."

FBI Director James Comey last week said authorities were concerned about the IS group encouraging attacks on "the uniformed military and law enforcement" via online propaganda.

There are "hundreds, maybe thousands" of people in the United States who had received recruitment messages from the jihadists, Comey said.
                          http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-...eat/ar-BBjy1fG
                          The US military bolstered security at bases across the country Friday."
                          I wondered how long it would take for some over-paid government bloatocrat to "warn" us of the latest "crisis".
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
                            The ingredients for home made explosives are easily obtainable.
                            Yep - you can make stuff in your bathtub.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X