Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the US be better off if Clinton had been elected in 2008 rather than Obama?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would the US be better off if Clinton had been elected in 2008 rather than Obama?

Would the US be better off if Hillary Clinton had won the Democratic nomination in 2008 and won the general election?
    Yes
    52.94%
    No
    47.06%
    Last edited by lakechampainer; 10 May 15, 13:12.

Clinton is pretty far left in my view. However, in my view she is a pragmatist and would have tried/would try to govern by compromising, making deals, etc. She would also have been more inclusive, I think.

Comment

Hillary would have tried, and probably successfully, to push "Hillarycare" through Congress on taking office so we'd still end up with that catastrophe. I think she'd have pushed the same sort of political favoritism loaded "stimulus package" through too, only it would be worse. It would be pure pork.

When Congress shifted to a Republican majority I see her as being just as obstinate and intransigent as Obama. She doesn't do compromise any better than he does.

Then, she is also a wooden and boring public speaker so I think she'd have a popularity problem pretty quick too.

Comment

Hillary Clinton is not far left. She's not even Left. She has been the paid stooge of a number of corporations for years - like the bulk of the Democratic party. And no - the US would not be better off in any scenario involving Clinton. Her election will entail US involvement in yet another war - somewhere.

Comment

No. Your problem is not Obama, Clinton, Bush, Palin or Kerry. it's the same stagnation of differing interests that has paralyzed most democratic institutions.
          Wisdom is personal

Comment

No. Hillary is much more experienced a politician than Bobo, and would have done much more harm. Bobo's an embarrassment and undignified, but has done little of lasting import.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Somebody deserving would have won the nobel peace prize
              Last edited by AdrianE; 11 May 15, 10:34. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                Hillary Clinton is not far left. She's not even Left. She has been the paid stooge of a number of corporations for years - like the bulk of the Democratic party. And no - the US would not be better off in any scenario involving Clinton. Her election will entail US involvement in yet another war - somewhere.
                Hillary is a dyed in the wool Progressive Leftist.

1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few..... And to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity."

3) "(We) ....can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."

4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to giveup a little bit of their own turf in order to create this common ground."

5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."

6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/gov...ton_quotes.htm

That's Hillary.

But instead of calling for a return to the older liberalism of individual freedom against “big power,” she said she preferred to think of herself as a “progressive.” “Progressive,” Hillary explained, “has a real American meaning, going back to the progressive era at the beginning of the 20th century.” This is highly significant, for more reasons than Hillary admitted, but which she privately knows well. A return to the older liberalism of individual freedom against “big power” would involve reducing the power of big government—the greatest power center in the nation these days. And the key architects of transforming the older liberal tradition into a doctrine of big centralized power were—the Progressives. Hillary’s comment
                Consider some of Hillary’s greatest hits, such as her 2004 comment “We’re going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good.” Or her 2007 comment on the oil industry: “The other day the oil companies recorded the highest profits in the history of the world. I want to take those profits. And I want to put them into a strategic energy fund that will begin to fund alternative smart energy, alternatives and technologies that will actually begin to move us in the direction of independence.” Because I know better. (The presumption of superior expertise—the hubris behind the Obamacare catastrophe—is another unshakeable premise of Progressivism.)
                http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenha...-take-it-back/

That's Hillary.

She is so far on the Left it almost makes Lenin look like a Conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
                  Would the US be better off if Hillary Clinton had won the Democratic nomination in 2008 and won the general election?
                  Highly doubtful. She is as incompetent, venal and lying as he is.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    She is so far on the Left it almost makes Lenin look like a Conservative.
                    Hyperbole much? She's a liberal...and a typical American liberal at that. She is not a leftist by any stretch of the imagination.

Comment

They think the same so it is very doubtful.
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                        Hyperbole much? She's a liberal...and a typical American liberal at that. She is not a leftist by any stretch of the imagination.
                        She is by American standards and a pretty radical Leftist by US standards at that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X