Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    Close to 50
    Thanks Paul - is there a reference for that? Also I suppose my question would be what exactly do those that say that the administration is failing in preventing these attacks think it should be doing? Is there evidence that the domestic agencies or set up is failing?

That is not a defence of Obama, whom I am no fan of, or his record but a question as to what the situation is. Also how many have been prevented?
    "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
    G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
    Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
      Thanks Paul - is there a reference for that? Also I suppose my question would be what exactly do those that say that the administration is failing in preventing these attacks think it should be doing? Is there evidence that the domestic agencies or set up is failing?

That is not a defence of Obama, whom I am no fan of, or his record but a question as to what the situation is. Also how many have been prevented?
      This is a good question, "how many have been prevented?"
      Many more than we will ever know about. But I am one who does not suggest that any President can take credit for stopping a crime, or should they always take blame when they happen.
      Seems we can not even mention a headline news story without being accused of having some axe to grind against someone's political view.
      This we know, there are areas in Mexico that are under the complete control of Cartels, they own the political leaders in those areas, they run the police, everything.
      And one of those areas is right across our southern border on the other side of Falcon Lake. Look it up for yourselves. It is one of the main entry points into the U.S., it is a lake that is on the international border., many U.S. Citizens have been murdered in that lake, police officials on our side of the border have been begging for help from the Feds. Since 2000.
      Bush turned a blind eye to the southern border problem. Obama has done little to change things.
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
      Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
        Hi Sergio, sorry for the delay...mother's Day, church, CCD, and cutting the grass...

This list is probably one of the better lists, you would have to dig deeper to get specifics about the incident. You'll probably remember some of them without needing to dig deeper:

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/terrorism/wrjp255a.html

The list also has failed attacks listed, I am comfortable saying that there was probably a lot more failed attacks then are listed. The link does not specifically list Islamic attacks only because you don't have to be Islamic to conduct a terrorist attack.

From my perspective as a training Anti Terrorism Force Protection Instructor (It's dated, I retired a while ago); it is extremely dangerous to think only one group of people are terrorist. The current threats are asymmetrical which makes it that much more dangerous.

Is the Administration failing? Internationally IMO, yes. Domestically from a FP perspective, no.

For me to say yes in regards FP the States would mean that I live in a nanny state. The Force Protection levels are designed to give decentralized command and control to the base commanders.
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
          Hi Sergio, sorry for the delay...mother's Day, church, CCD, and cutting the grass...

This list is probably one of the better lists, you would have to dig deeper to get specifics about the incident. You'll probably remember some of them without needing to dig deeper:

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/terrorism/wrjp255a.html

The list also has failed attacks listed, I am comfortable saying that there was probably a lot more failed attacks then are listed. The link does not specifically list Islamic attacks only because you don't have to be Islamic to conduct a terrorist attack.

From my perspective as a training Anti Terrorism Force Protection Instructor (It's dated, I retired a while ago); it is extremely dangerous to think only one group of people are terrorist. The current threats are asymmetrical which makes it that much more dangerous.

Is the Administration failing? Internationally IMO, yes. Domestically from a FP perspective, no.

For me to say yes in regards FP the States would mean that I live in a nanny state. The Force Protection levels are designed to give decentralized command and control to the base commanders.
          No problem, thanks for the reference and the thoughts.

The reason for my question about whether the administration was failing in this regard were the usual kneejerk Obama is messing up comments. I wondered what people thought that the administration was doing right or not doing and making the situation worse.
          "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
          G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
          Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X