Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And, the new "Holder" is same as the old "Holder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
    What was the context of Eric Holders comment that Americans are 'cowards' when it comes to race is a false accusation and a cheap shot?
    I'm not going to look up the speech for you. It has been on television enough. If you want proof, then get off your ass and do some actual research instead of pontificating nonsense which is your usual posture on this forum.

Sincerely,
    M

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Look, you will just have to take my word on this part of this. It would take me hours to try and find the cases again, not to mention the names involved, and such.

Holder's attorneys targeted instances of white law enforcement officers at the state and federal level for law suits and charges of misconduct, etc., against minorities even when such charges were clearly unjustified and ignored misconduct, even flagrant misconduct, by minorities.
      Irt to what cases, Baltimore, Ferguson, the George Zimmerman case.
      To each their own wrt those cases. But Holders conduct in those cases were IMO not racist/bigoted.

Also wrt the recent case in Baltimore, a # of the 6 officers charged are themselves African Americans.

There may be one case of which you could convince me that Holder/Obama admin had a bigoted viewpoint in. This was the black panther voter intimidation case. Remember a few years back when we saw those pictures of a few black guys standing outside voter booths with bats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Bla...imidation_case

Even the above case is open to speculation, one could even say the GWB administration dropped the ball just as the Obama administration dropped the ball. But still, its not as if those black panther members actually attacked white voters, compared to the Klan of the past of which there were situations where the Klan used violence successfully to stop blacks from voting.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      I saw it first hand. Let me tell you, at first I was dumbfounded by how flagrant it was. But, it didn't take me long once those subpoenas started showing up for me to realize what was going on.

They didn't target someone like me who was both within the law and a difficult target. They went for the low hanging fruit. Many of the people I saw in this retired or resigned to get out of the charges. Others took plea bargains as they watched their life savings, house, and everything they had evaporate in legal fees. The feds were more than willing to run them out of money to get a conviction.

Holder is a racist bigot.

The racism/bigotry you may have seen from Holder is not really racism/bigotry. Its not like Holder is actually saying their is something wrong with white or black people.

https://www.google.com/search?newwin...87.-sxAuKsTDfI

https://www.google.com/search?newwin...07.iBgqfWhwct4

I bring forth these links because thats the type of language that falls under the category of racism/bigotry. TAG IMO your best case scenario here is is to propose the view that Holder is a bigot by using what is known as coded language, as opposed to straight up racism/bigotry.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        I'm not going to look up the speech for you. It has been on television enough.

Massena,

Much of your last post has nothing to do with what you said earlier itt, or what has been said itt by other posters. Try acting like a responsible adult whom is able to enter into polite discourse, by you calling me offensive names and using derogatory language , that is not polite discourse.

With just minor research,

He also stood by his controversial comments made during Obama’s first year in office in which he said the U.S. was a “nation of cowards” when it comes to race.

“I wouldn’t walk away from that speech,” Holder said. “I think we are still a nation that is too afraid to confront racial issues,” rarely engaging “one another across the color line [to] talk about racial issues.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-in-opposition

Thats not a racist comment IMO, to each their own tho.

If you want proof, then get off your ass and do some actual research instead of pontificating nonsense which is your usual posture on this forum.

Sincerely,
        M
        Try again, personal insults are unbecoming of a gentlemen, keep it up and maybe we should just settle this issue with a duel sir!

The above viewpoint of yours has nothing to do with this topic.
        Last edited by Taieb el-Okbi; 10 May 15, 11:22. Reason: fixed a typo

Comment

Holder is gone. Lynch is now the AG.

Sincerely,
          M
          Absolutely right. Total brain fart on my end there.

But the I could blame Holder - he's not exactly ssomeone I'm apathetic about.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X