Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And, the new "Holder" is same as the old "Holder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And, the new "Holder" is same as the old "Holder...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jus...VR?ocid=SMSDHP

Seems the bigots at the Department of Justice are getting involved in the Baltimore goings on now. Nothing like having a fresh set of racists looking at things...

Justice and the rule of law be damned as long as you can placate the mob apparently. Then again the mob is their voter base so no surprise there.
    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jus...VR?ocid=SMSDHP

Seems the bigots at the Department of Justice are getting involved in the Baltimore goings on now. Nothing like having a fresh set of racists looking at things...
      DoJ is doing so at the invitation of the Cities Mayor.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...506-story.html
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post

The mayor and her prosecutor are way out of their league. Both of them should be either recalled or investigated.

Just as in New Orleans during and after Katrina, the mayor is part of the problem.

Sincerely,
        M

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          The mayor and her prosecutor are way out of their league. Both of them should be either recalled or investigated.

Just as in New Orleans during and after Katrina, the mayor is part of the problem.

Sincerely,
          M
          Prosecutor does not work for the Mayor. Elected position.

People of Baltimore elected them. Their choice.
          “To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

...The mayor and her prosecutor are way out of their league...
            I agree.

Comment

Prosecutor does not work for the Mayor. Elected position.

People of Baltimore elected them. Their choice.
              I never said she did. My comment was to their overall incompetence.

Sincerely,
              M

Comment

I never said she did. My comment was to their overall incompetence.

Sincerely,
                M
                "The mayor and her prosecutor"

Implies an boss to subordinate relationship that does not exist. The Prosecutor is not under the Mayor's authority at all.
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

The DOJ retains complete authority over the decision of whether to investigate or prosecute regardless of any invitation to do so.
                  Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

There's a Who song here somewhere...oh, here it is...

Comment

Holder is a disaster looking for a headline.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                        The DOJ retains complete authority over the decision of whether to investigate or prosecute regardless of any invitation to do so.
                        Yes, they do, and they choose to. I don't see anything wrong with that decision. If you do please explain your reason. The OP did not give any reason, maybe you can help him out.
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Yes, they do, and they choose to. I don't see anything wrong with that decision. If you do please explain your reason. The OP did not give any reason, maybe you can help him out.

I was addressing your comment that it was done at the invitation of the mayor.
                          I merely sought to make clear that the authority to prosecute resides solely with the DOJ regardless of invitations.
                          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I have confidence in the new AG, I also have confidence in the mayor of Baltimore, Stephanie Rawlings Blake.

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                            Justice and the rule of law be damned as long as you can placate the mob apparently. Then again the mob is their voter base so no surprise there.
                            Previously a group of peaceful white and black protestors came out in Baltimore in the wake of the Freddy Grey case. The situation escalated into a riot where some blacks and whites looted, burned cars, defied police orders.

I would say though what we saw in Baltimore was mostly peaceful, tolerate people until the riots occurred that is. There have been other so called "mobs" formed here in the USA though in order to over ride a legal ruling. The folks in Baltimore, at least the peaceful ones were simply protesting, they were not trying to break a guy out of prison for example. In 1915 Georgia, a "mob " of folks successfully overrode a legal ruling , this "mob" took it upon themselves to abduct a man by the name of Leo Frank from a Georgia prison in order to eventually lynch Frank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Fra...n_and_lynching

What I would say here is that while the officials in Baltimore could have possibly done a better job, the officials in Baltimore handled the mob much better then what we previously saw in 1915, in Georgia wrt the lynching of Mr Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                              I have confidence in the new AG, I also have confidence in the mayor of Baltimore, Stephanie Rawlings Blake.

Previously a group of peaceful white and black protestors came out in Baltimore in the wake of the Freddy Grey case. The situation escalated into a riot where some blacks and whites looted, burned cars, defied police orders.

I would say though what we saw in Baltimore was mostly peaceful, tolerate people until the riots occurred that is. There have been other so called "mobs" formed here in the USA though in order to over ride a legal ruling. The folks in Baltimore, at least the peaceful ones were simply protesting, they were not trying to break a guy out of prison for example. In 1915 Georgia, a "mob " of folks successfully overrode a legal ruling , this "mob" took it upon themselves to abduct a man by the name of Leo Frank from a Georgia prison in order to eventually lynch Frank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Fra...n_and_lynching

What I would say here is that while the officials in Baltimore could have possibly done a better job, the officials in Baltimore handled the mob much better then what we previously saw in 1915, in Georgia wrt the lynching of Mr Frank.
                              I'm not sure how the case of Leo Frank relates to Baltimore. All groups of people are peaceful up until they start rioting, at which point they become not peaceful. Nothing wrong with legal demonstrations, and if the mob had kept it legal and peaceful I think they'd have a better chance of getting sympathy from other people for their cause. The minute they start rioting and looting they damage their cause because they lower themselves to mob status, and people who might previously had been sympathetic now dismiss them as just looters who have no political stance or purpose other than to loot and destroy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X