Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You've Got To Be Kidding...No, Really...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You've Got To Be Kidding...No, Really...

    This is one of the most ridiculous things that I have heard or read in a very long time.

    The Obama administration is over-reaching 'just one more time'...

    Sincerely,
    M

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-times-square/
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    Well, New Yorkers can't handle big drink cups or more than one slice of pizza, so over-sized billboards are clearly out of the question.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

    Comment


    • #3
      By the federal interpretation of that 1965 law any road that eventually connects to a federal one... or I suppose eventually crosses state lines... is under federal regulatory control.

      They are freaking insane.

      Comment


      • #4
        Feds Want To Turn Off Times Square Lights

        Just when you thought the Feds couldn't possible get any stupider...

        They're ba-ack!

        Times Square -- the "crossroads of the world" -- is beautiful just as it is, thank you.
        That's New York City's official response following reports that the city is facing federal pressure to remove its iconic oversized billboards from the site, perhaps best known as the backdrop to the country's New Year's Eve celebrations.
        http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-times-square/
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

        Comment


        • #5
          You're late!

          http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=159183

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks. Didn't see it. The mods can fix it if any of them are working.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              By the federal interpretation of that 1965 law any road that eventually connects to a federal one... or I suppose eventually crosses state lines... is under federal regulatory control.

              They are freaking insane.

              I think they seek power too.
              Actions like these always reminds me of a quote from C.S. Lewis.

              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

              Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Thanks. Didn't see it. The mods can fix it if any of them are working.
                If you check the forum before posting we wouldn't have to clean up after you.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  Well, New Yorkers can't handle big drink cups or more than one slice of pizza, so over-sized billboards are clearly out of the question.
                  Yea!

                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                    I think they seek power too.
                    Actions like these always reminds me of a quote from C.S. Lewis.

                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
                    Yes, those are called "Dictatorships of Virtue." The Progressive Left is infamous for setting those up and then forcing everyone to live in one no matter how many dead bodies get stacked up...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                      If you check the forum before posting we wouldn't have to clean up after you.
                      Well, thankfully we're not in Venezuela or you wouldn't have anything to clean up with...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Well, thankfully we're not in Venezuela or you wouldn't have anything to clean up with...
                        If I were Venezuelan I'd be in prison by now.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                          If you check the forum before posting we wouldn't have to clean up after you.
                          Did, but thanks for slinging s*** on everything.

                          Maybe if you had actually read was I said, you would have seen that.

                          Thanks. Didn't see it.


                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Did, but thanks for slinging s*** on everything.
                            Those who throw feces should expect feces in return.
                            - Confucius

                            Maybe if you had actually read was I said, you would have seen that.

                            I did. My point stands. Next time just read a little closer and you won't have to demand we clean up after you.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Megalomaniacs by any other name...

                              They just hit the Armory where I work at, made us shut down the little lighted sign out from for being too "distracting" to motorists.

                              Makes you wonder how many people less powerful than NYC those scumbags in DC are pushing around, and getting away with it, eh?
                              Of do you folks even care anymore?
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

                              -Captain Jack

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X