Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you vote for in the Democratic Presidential Primary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can remember when the parties’ conventions were the time that the presidential candidates were chosen by the delegates from the states. It was easier to control the masses, that is for sure.

Because I hate the long run-up to the primaries and then the long election seasons, I wish the powers that be would go back to the old fashioned process. Of course, I imagine that would take a lot of jobs away from political consultants, campaign directors, cut the income of TV stations, etc, etc. And maybe it might actually take away a lot of the power of the oligarchs that are financing how things are done now. It might consolidate it at least into a few short months.

If we, the people, get to a point where we may not be controlled by the political propaganda organizations then the powers that be will have to find a new way to affect public opinion. I heard recently this sort of inference (but I have no source, it was an opinion voiced on TV) that there might come a time not too far in the future where the negative ads and influence of the major media outlets bought by the oligarchs might be ignored by the public who have been fooled too many times. Perhaps we are seeing that time arrive for this election cycle.
    Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      (...)
      By any account she is shrill, argumentative, grating, and irritating when she actually has to do anything beyond read a canned speech or attend a hand-picked photo op with supporters.
      True - only thing the Reps have to do is put up someone less irritating.

You think they'll manage that this time around ?

Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
        True - only thing the Reps have to do is put up someone less irritating.
        You think they'll manage that this time around ?
        Doubtful...

Comment

What I find somewhat amusing about the poll is Gore with zero votes. As I have said about him before, the fact he didn't carry his own state speaks volumes about him.

Of course, the same could be said of Romney.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
            And most media outlets haven't been giving Sanders the time of day yet he's been drawing huge crowds wherever he goes. The Democratic side of the process just might get as interesting as the GOP side.
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

If you have open primaries vote for Bernie just to stick your thumb in shillary's eye...
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

None of the above. And, if the Republicans put a moderate or RINO on their ticket, they won't get my vote either.
                “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
                  I can remember when the parties’ conventions were the time that the presidential candidates were chosen by the delegates from the states. It was easier to control the masses, that is for sure.
                  Officially, they still are.

Comment

Thinking about this a while longer,

Here's my prediction:

whichever one of the two parties that puts up anything but another Bush or a Clinton will carry this election comfortably.
                    You guys should thank me,

here in Belgium I charge good money for that sort of invaluable strategic advice

When is the actual election expected ?
                    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                      When is the actual election expected ?
                      Our presidential elections are always the first Tuesday of leap year. We have to put up with this for almost a year and a half more.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                        Our presidential elections are always the first Tuesday of leap year. We have to put up with this for almost a year and a half more.
                        In November.
                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Saw a story today that Gore might be looking at the feasibility of getting in the race...he's not confirming that but the speculation is that he's looking into what it would take to get the money together etc.

One thing at least that I appreciated about Gore: he wouldn't endorse Hillary last time. That should tell you something...I imagine he knows her fairly well.

Comment

That and she did not make an acceptable offer for it.

Pruitt
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Poll - Clinton trailing Sanders in NH. From The Boston Herald

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opi...still_trailing

excerpt

Another New Hampshire poll shows Hillary Clinton trailing Democratic rival Bernie Sanders, the second in the wake of a stunning Franklin Pierce University/Boston Herald survey revealing Clinton losing her lead for the first time.
                              The news is yet more bad news for Clinton's struggling campaign and is likely to give added incentive for Vice President Joe Biden to jump into the 2016 race.
                              The new Public Policy Polling survey of likely New Hampshire Democratic primary voters has Sanders, the Vermont senator, leading Clinton by seven points - the exact same margin in the Franklin Pierce/Herald poll nearly two weeks ago.
                              Sanders led by a 44-37 percent margin in the Franklin Pierce/Herald poll and in the PPP poll is ahead by a 42-35 percent margin.
                              Clinton aides and some media sympathizers had tried to dismiss the Franklin Pierce/Herald poll by calling it an "outlier" but that argument now has lost all credibility. It's clear from the new poll that the former Secretary of State is in a difficult fight in the first-in-the-nation primary state.
                              A quarter of likely Democratic primary voters now view Clinton negatively in New Hampshire, evidence that the investigation into her email server is taking a toll on her popularity.

Comment

In a poll done today or released today, I am not for sure which, In Iowa Clinton is running 54 to 20 against Sanders and Biden is running at 11 points, O’Malley 4 and Webb 1, with Chafee at 0.

In the NH primary Sanders is running 42 to 35 against Clinton, with Biden and Webb at 6, O’Malley 4 and Chaffee 2.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...lls/president/
                                Homo homini lupus

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X