Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Pint John
    replied
    YES, this is a race based question. After O does any black have a chance regardless of party? I would like to think so but very doubtful.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Originally posted by BF69 View Post
    Since when do Dems need to try? GOPers do the work for them. I've long said that if I wanted to get someone non-white not to vote GOP the simplest way is to show them how they are discussed when the white men think its 'just us folk'. The internet really is quite informative.

Anyway, hope the good doctor gets a nice boost in book sales.

Do you mean statements like this?

especially one such as Obama -- a "light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one," as he said privately. Reid was convinced, in fact, that Obama's race would help him more than hurt him in a bid for the Democratic nomination.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the...-for-ligh.html

A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee," the former president (Clinton) told the liberal lion (kennedy) from Massachusetts, according to the gossipy new campaign book, "Game Change."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...ticle-1.197492

Anyone who thinks that racism is exclusive to just one political party is nave and hasn't been paying attention.
    Further, such logic is a perfect example of the same thought process that those opposed to racism seek to condemn.
    Bad traits do not reside exclusively in those you dislike.

Leave a comment:

• Savez
    replied
    Originally posted by BF69 View Post
    Since when do Dems need to try? GOPers do the work for them. I've long said that if I wanted to get someone non-white not to vote GOP the simplest way is to show them how they are discussed when the white men think its 'just us folk'. The internet really is quite informative.

You apparently rely on the internet as your source for everything.

Leave a comment:

• BF69
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    So, two Latinos, a black guy and a woman now.

Looks like the Dems will have a harder time than usual painting the Repubs as Racists. But, you kkow they will still try.

all they need is two words, and they will scream them from the rooftops'
    Uncle who?

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Note the "some", there are others of near equal importance and merit.

More specifically, an office of executive function with comparable decisions and responsibilities such as mayor of very large city, governor, or something comparable.

Many would say this. Non-combat, and/or non-command service would make this just another form of "civil servant" background. This one comes up because so much of the Democratic leadership, including last two of their POTUS' had none.

Meant in context of understanding economics, profit versus loss, and how to get things done in the real world.

4. Display accomplishment outside of a "career politic" field of endeavor.

5. Both "talk" and "walk" the Conservative ideology.

6. Record of fiscal responsibility in past pursuits/occupations.

For just a few others ...

Which is about seven fewer than the current POTUS had before he was elected, but the sort of thing to be expected from a Leftist/Statist perspective.
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    I vote color-blind. It's the ideas that I look for.

Leave a comment:

• Savez
    replied

Looks like the Dems will have a harder time than usual painting the Repubs as Racists. But, you kkow they will still try.

Uncle who?
    It won't be much longer until black folks, especially southern Christian conservative ones, realize that liberal dems don't have their best interest at heart. They might not defect to the Republicans but they will abandon the Democrat slave ship. I for one am hoping for a new party of southern conservatives white and black (and any other conservative for that matter) that wants limited government, wholesome family values, and a free market, etc. to rise up out of this awful mess that has become our government.

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    So anybody with an opinion a bit left of yous is automatically labled a leftist tottaly disregarding those of us from the center. That is one of the very big problems of the GOP today and your kind.
    I'm not convinced you are "center". That "duck" thing, among others.

For "giggles" what would be your "center" list of qualifications?

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    So anybody with an opinion a bit left of yous is automatically labled a leftist tottaly disregarding those of us from the center. That is one of the very big problems of the GOP today and your kind.

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Let's take a look at some of the requirements some, usually from the right, think make a good or must have President.
    Note the "some", there are others of near equal importance and merit.

1 Held elected office.
    More specifically, an office of executive function with comparable decisions and responsibilities such as mayor of very large city, governor, or something comparable.

2. Served in the military.
    Many would say this. Non-combat, and/or non-command service would make this just another form of "civil servant" background. This one comes up because so much of the Democratic leadership, including last two of their POTUS' had none.

3. Wokred as a busniess man.
    Meant in context of understanding economics, profit versus loss, and how to get things done in the real world.

Have I missed any?
    4. Display accomplishment outside of a "career politic" field of endeavor.

5. Both "talk" and "walk" the Conservative ideology.

6. Record of fiscal responsibility in past pursuits/occupations.

For just a few others ...

Looks like he has three strikes against him. The right are the ones that pitched this BS but now it's going to be OK. RIGHT!
    Which is about seven fewer than the current POTUS had before he was elected, but the sort of thing to be expected from a Leftist/Statist perspective.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Let's take a look at some of the requirements some, usually from the right, think make a good or must have President.

1 Held elected office.

2. Served in the military.

3. Wokred as a busniess man.

Have I missed any?

Looks like he has three strikes against him. The right are the ones that pitched this BS but now it's going to be OK. RIGHT!

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied

Uncle who?
    And we have our first post and race and gender. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    They are already trying. Don't you know that Blacks aren't supposed to be conservative or Republican? (Anymore)

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied

Uncle who?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    Yea, he pi$$ed off Obama at a National Prayer Breakfast a couple of years ago, I remember it well.
    Then he is well qualified already, although he may be way too smart for the office of president.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X