X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
    Yeah, just like the nonexistent war on women, right?
    Basically the same concept, yup. This new 'war' is just moving into the arena of actual politics with Sen Cruz and Mr Huckabee talking about it on the campaign stump.

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
    Pretty much. Conservatives has just as many nuts as the Liberals do - and the nuts on both sides are normally the loudest and with the most cameras.

Leave a comment:

• jonny87kz
    replied
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    The "War on Christmas", that never existed, has now morphed into the "War on Christians"......

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by Savez View Post
    "One thing wrong is that it has become politically incorrect to talk about the importance of religion"

I disagree with this statement in that "religion" should be replaced with "Christian Faith".
    The "War on Christmas", that never existed, has now morphed into the "War on Christians"......

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    "One thing wrong is that it has become politically incorrect to talk about the importance of religion"

I disagree with this statement in that "religion" should be replaced with "Christian Faith".
    Yeah, you Christians don't like being treated like the rest of us, do you?

Leave a comment:

• Savez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Ben Carson and Baltimore

By Star Parker May 6, 2015 6:35 am
    His story defies much of the conventional wisdom we get from both the left and the right to "explain" the grave social problems in our poor minority communities and the seemingly insurmountable obstacles to success facing poor black children.

From the left, we hear that black life in America would have no hope but for government programs to ease the burdens of an unfair hand dealt by the past and an unwelcoming and racist present.

But Carson is a poster child for the American dream. Born poor in a black ghetto in Detroit and raised by a divorced, uneducated mother, he rose to the pinnacle of the medical profession, becoming director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. The fuel for his success was not government programs, but a stern and caring mother who refused to accept excuses for failure, Christian values of right and wrong and personal responsibility, and an ethic for work, learning and achievement.

From the right, we hear that the rampant problems with young black men today stem from the collapse of the black family and the absence of fathers.

But Carson was raised without a father at home.

So what can we learn from Carson's experience that could point to what is wrong in America today?

One thing wrong is that it has become politically incorrect to talk about the importance of religion.

It is impossible to explain Carson's remarkable life and achievements without the Christian faith and values that guided his mother and have served him throughout his life.
    http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/201.../?subscriber=1

Leave a comment:

• Savez
    replied
    Originally posted by BF69 View Post
    I find the internet is a very useful resource to find out how people talk about certain issues, which was the nature of my observation.

Watching you folk fight amongst yourselves to find the most denigrating way to explain why blacks don't vote GOP is almost as funny as watching you parade the occasional black Republican as proof of.....whatever. The consistent refusal to acknowledge that there might be good & legitimate reasons why black voters don't like the GOP partially helps to explain why they don't. You don't get it because you can't, which makes it even funnier.
    What you don't get are that Southern blacks are mostly conservative Christians and the leftwing policies go contrary to those beliefs. As I said, once they figure that out, and they are starting to since the left is comparing gay marriage to the Civil Rights movement, they will jump ship. They may not vote Republican but they won't vote democrat. Its like my grandfather always voted Democrat no matter what. It wasn't till the last few years of his life that he begin to understand what they really stood for. I agree with you on "parading the occasional black Republican". If the GOP continues to do that, then they are no different than the Dems taking the black vote for granted. And the Republicans don't need to pander to the black community or be RINOs either. They only need to be conservative and stand by conservative values, something they have been failing to do as of late.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/bl...il-rights-poll

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ur-sin-my-skin

http://caapusa.org/

This is the same dog and pony show we have seen before. It is a group of poor little ol’ black folks who are never given a break. And as for Republicans they should realize that there isn’t a snowball’s chance in the desert that these people will switch to the GOP.

This is nothing more than extortion and the most vile form of same at that. It is the form of extortion that attempts to twist the undershorts of the Democrats until they say ouch and promise to build a new basketball court or some such.

The old bromide of “sick and tired of being sick and tired” has been around forever. This group is saying that they deserve special dispensation in return for their votes. I say no group deserves to benefit from political extortion and I don’t care what color, sex, or demographic they comprise. Government is not to show favoritism based on the aforementioned; government is to be impartial serving the best interest of all Americans without prejudice.

Promised favoritism and political graft has led to a zeitgeist of political corruption. The summum bonum of America is not based on favoritism for a few but rather on “justice and liberty for all.”

Blacks have the same availability of opportunity that everyone else has. What special favoritism do they demand? They have access to education, jobs, and with goal-setting and proper decision making they can enjoy the same quality of life as anyone else.

The inculcated predilection to favoritism based on skin color, sex/gender, or religion is not only unconstitutional but it is self-defeating, and a form of psychological and emotional imprisonment

http://mychal-massie.com/premium/bla...ts-yeah-right/

Leave a comment:

• BF69
    replied
    You apparently rely on the internet as your source for everything.
    I find the internet is a very useful resource to find out how people talk about certain issues, which was the nature of my observation.

Watching you folk fight amongst yourselves to find the most denigrating way to explain why blacks don't vote GOP is almost as funny as watching you parade the occasional black Republican as proof of.....whatever. The consistent refusal to acknowledge that there might be good & legitimate reasons why black voters don't like the GOP partially helps to explain why they don't. You don't get it because you can't, which makes it even funnier.

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Would seem the Left considers Carson a valid threat to their agenda,given ...
    Bashing Ben: Media’s Worst Attacks on Doctor Turned Presidential Candidate

http://www.mrc.org/media-reality-che...tial-candidate
    Yes because leftwing comedians always go after the guy who is a threat... they don't go after the person that is really easy to make fun of because of his or her's past statements..... Nope....

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Would seem the Left considers Carson a valid threat to their agenda,given ...
    Bashing Ben: Media’s Worst Attacks on Doctor Turned Presidential Candidate

http://www.mrc.org/media-reality-che...tial-candidate

Leave a comment:

• broker
    replied
    Attempted murder as a teenager, no thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Savez
    replied
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Only to those whom want to make it that way.

For most of us opposed to BHO, has nothing to do with race and skin-color, everything to do with "color of the mind"~ideology. If a Constitutionalist and fiscal conservative were a Democratic candidate, I would consider voting for him/her, but such is a very rare creature in that side of the political camps.

Seems it's mostly the Left leaners whom key bringing up race as a major issue or consideration. In the case of Cain, West, and now Carson, the Right/GOP was/is looking more towards ideology and Conservative position on issues than race or ethnic background.
    I don't care if they were green if they would work to get rid of Obamacare.

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    YES, this is a race based question. After O does any black have a chance regardless of party? I would like to think so but very doubtful.
    Only to those whom want to make it that way.

For most of us opposed to BHO, has nothing to do with race and skin-color, everything to do with "color of the mind"~ideology. If a Constitutionalist and fiscal conservative were a Democratic candidate, I would consider voting for him/her, but such is a very rare creature in that side of the political camps.

Seems it's mostly the Left leaners whom keep bringing up race as a major issue or consideration. In the case of Cain, West, and now Carson, the Right/GOP was/is looking more towards ideology and Conservative position on issues than race or ethnic background.
    Last edited by G David Bock; 05 May 15, 15:25.

Leave a comment:

• Savez
    replied
    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    Do you mean statements like this?

especially one such as Obama -- a "light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one," as he said privately. Reid was convinced, in fact, that Obama's race would help him more than hurt him in a bid for the Democratic nomination.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the...-for-ligh.html

A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee," the former president (Clinton) told the liberal lion (kennedy) from Massachusetts, according to the gossipy new campaign book, "Game Change."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...ticle-1.197492

Anyone who thinks that racism is exclusive to just one political party is naïve and hasn't been paying attention.
    Further, such logic is a perfect example of the same thought process that those opposed to racism seek to condemn.
    Bad traits do not reside exclusively in those you dislike.

That train of thought also makes one a terrible student of history.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
    Prawn heads
    by Karri
    How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
    Yesterday, 11:40
  • Jose50
    Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
    by Jose50
    Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
    Yesterday, 08:41
  • Von Richter
    Sagittarius Rising...
    by Von Richter
    Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
    Yesterday, 01:19
Working...
X