Ben Carson, famed neurosurgeon, running for president

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    So, two Latinos, a black guy and a woman now.

Looks like the Dems will have a harder time than usual painting the Repubs as Racists. But, you kkow they will still try.

all they need is two words, and they will scream them from the rooftops'
    Uncle who?
    It won't be much longer until black folks, especially southern Christian conservative ones, realize that liberal dems don't have their best interest at heart. They might not defect to the Republicans but they will abandon the Democrat slave ship. I for one am hoping for a new party of southern conservatives white and black (and any other conservative for that matter) that wants limited government, wholesome family values, and a free market, etc. to rise up out of this awful mess that has become our government.
    “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
    --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

I vote color-blind. It's the ideas that I look for.
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
        Note the "some", there are others of near equal importance and merit.

More specifically, an office of executive function with comparable decisions and responsibilities such as mayor of very large city, governor, or something comparable.

Many would say this. Non-combat, and/or non-command service would make this just another form of "civil servant" background. This one comes up because so much of the Democratic leadership, including last two of their POTUS' had none.

Meant in context of understanding economics, profit versus loss, and how to get things done in the real world.

4. Display accomplishment outside of a "career politic" field of endeavor.

5. Both "talk" and "walk" the Conservative ideology.

6. Record of fiscal responsibility in past pursuits/occupations.

For just a few others ...

Which is about seven fewer than the current POTUS had before he was elected, but the sort of thing to be expected from a Leftist/Statist perspective.
        Yep.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          So, two Latinos, a black guy and a woman now.

Looks like the Dems will have a harder time than usual painting the Repubs as Racists. But, you kkow they will still try.

all they need is two words, and they will scream them from the rooftops'
          Uncle who?
          Since when do Dems need to try? GOPers do the work for them. I've long said that if I wanted to get someone non-white not to vote GOP the simplest way is to show them how they are discussed when the white men think its 'just us folk'. The internet really is quite informative.

Anyway, hope the good doctor gets a nice boost in book sales.
          Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
            Since when do Dems need to try? GOPers do the work for them. I've long said that if I wanted to get someone non-white not to vote GOP the simplest way is to show them how they are discussed when the white men think its 'just us folk'. The internet really is quite informative.

You apparently rely on the internet as your source for everything.
            “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
            --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Do you mean statements like this?

especially one such as Obama -- a "light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one," as he said privately. Reid was convinced, in fact, that Obama's race would help him more than hurt him in a bid for the Democratic nomination.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the...-for-ligh.html

A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee," the former president (Clinton) told the liberal lion (kennedy) from Massachusetts, according to the gossipy new campaign book, "Game Change."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...ticle-1.197492

Anyone who thinks that racism is exclusive to just one political party is naïve and hasn't been paying attention.
              Further, such logic is a perfect example of the same thought process that those opposed to racism seek to condemn.
              Bad traits do not reside exclusively in those you dislike.
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

YES, this is a race based question. After O does any black have a chance regardless of party? I would like to think so but very doubtful.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                  Do you mean statements like this?

especially one such as Obama -- a "light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one," as he said privately. Reid was convinced, in fact, that Obama's race would help him more than hurt him in a bid for the Democratic nomination.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the...-for-ligh.html

A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee," the former president (Clinton) told the liberal lion (kennedy) from Massachusetts, according to the gossipy new campaign book, "Game Change."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...ticle-1.197492

Anyone who thinks that racism is exclusive to just one political party is naïve and hasn't been paying attention.
                  Further, such logic is a perfect example of the same thought process that those opposed to racism seek to condemn.
                  Bad traits do not reside exclusively in those you dislike.

That train of thought also makes one a terrible student of history.
                  --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                    YES, this is a race based question. After O does any black have a chance regardless of party? I would like to think so but very doubtful.
                    Only to those whom want to make it that way.

For most of us opposed to BHO, has nothing to do with race and skin-color, everything to do with "color of the mind"~ideology. If a Constitutionalist and fiscal conservative were a Democratic candidate, I would consider voting for him/her, but such is a very rare creature in that side of the political camps.

Seems it's mostly the Left leaners whom keep bringing up race as a major issue or consideration. In the case of Cain, West, and now Carson, the Right/GOP was/is looking more towards ideology and Conservative position on issues than race or ethnic background.
                    Last edited by G David Bock; 05 May 15, 16:25.
                    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Only to those whom want to make it that way.

For most of us opposed to BHO, has nothing to do with race and skin-color, everything to do with "color of the mind"~ideology. If a Constitutionalist and fiscal conservative were a Democratic candidate, I would consider voting for him/her, but such is a very rare creature in that side of the political camps.

Seems it's mostly the Left leaners whom key bringing up race as a major issue or consideration. In the case of Cain, West, and now Carson, the Right/GOP was/is looking more towards ideology and Conservative position on issues than race or ethnic background.
                      I don't care if they were green if they would work to get rid of Obamacare.
                      --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Attempted murder as a teenager, no thanks.

Comment

Would seem the Left considers Carson a valid threat to their agenda,given ...
                          Bashing Ben: Media’s Worst Attacks on Doctor Turned Presidential Candidate

http://www.mrc.org/media-reality-che...tial-candidate
                          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Would seem the Left considers Carson a valid threat to their agenda,given ...
                            Bashing Ben: Media’s Worst Attacks on Doctor Turned Presidential Candidate

http://www.mrc.org/media-reality-che...tial-candidate
                            Yes because leftwing comedians always go after the guy who is a threat... they don't go after the person that is really easy to make fun of because of his or her's past statements..... Nope....
                            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            And why the sea is boiling hot—
                            And whether pigs have wings.”
                            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                              You apparently rely on the internet as your source for everything.
                              I find the internet is a very useful resource to find out how people talk about certain issues, which was the nature of my observation.

Watching you folk fight amongst yourselves to find the most denigrating way to explain why blacks don't vote GOP is almost as funny as watching you parade the occasional black Republican as proof of.....whatever. The consistent refusal to acknowledge that there might be good & legitimate reasons why black voters don't like the GOP partially helps to explain why they don't. You don't get it because you can't, which makes it even funnier.
                              Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I find the internet is a very useful resource to find out how people talk about certain issues, which was the nature of my observation.

Watching you folk fight amongst yourselves to find the most denigrating way to explain why blacks don't vote GOP is almost as funny as watching you parade the occasional black Republican as proof of.....whatever. The consistent refusal to acknowledge that there might be good & legitimate reasons why black voters don't like the GOP partially helps to explain why they don't. You don't get it because you can't, which makes it even funnier.
                                What you don't get are that Southern blacks are mostly conservative Christians and the leftwing policies go contrary to those beliefs. As I said, once they figure that out, and they are starting to since the left is comparing gay marriage to the Civil Rights movement, they will jump ship. They may not vote Republican but they won't vote democrat. Its like my grandfather always voted Democrat no matter what. It wasn't till the last few years of his life that he begin to understand what they really stood for. I agree with you on "parading the occasional black Republican". If the GOP continues to do that, then they are no different than the Dems taking the black vote for granted. And the Republicans don't need to pander to the black community or be RINOs either. They only need to be conservative and stand by conservative values, something they have been failing to do as of late.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/bl...il-rights-poll

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ur-sin-my-skin

http://caapusa.org/

This is the same dog and pony show we have seen before. It is a group of poor little ol’ black folks who are never given a break. And as for Republicans they should realize that there isn’t a snowball’s chance in the desert that these people will switch to the GOP.

This is nothing more than extortion and the most vile form of same at that. It is the form of extortion that attempts to twist the undershorts of the Democrats until they say ouch and promise to build a new basketball court or some such.

The old bromide of “sick and tired of being sick and tired” has been around forever. This group is saying that they deserve special dispensation in return for their votes. I say no group deserves to benefit from political extortion and I don’t care what color, sex, or demographic they comprise. Government is not to show favoritism based on the aforementioned; government is to be impartial serving the best interest of all Americans without prejudice.

Promised favoritism and political graft has led to a zeitgeist of political corruption. The summum bonum of America is not based on favoritism for a few but rather on “justice and liberty for all.”

Blacks have the same availability of opportunity that everyone else has. What special favoritism do they demand? They have access to education, jobs, and with goal-setting and proper decision making they can enjoy the same quality of life as anyone else.

The inculcated predilection to favoritism based on skin color, sex/gender, or religion is not only unconstitutional but it is self-defeating, and a form of psychological and emotional imprisonment

http://mychal-massie.com/premium/bla...ts-yeah-right/
                                --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X