Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Carson, famed neurosurgeon, running for president

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ben Carson, famed neurosurgeon, running for president

    WASHINGTON (AP) — Ben Carson, retired neurosurgeon turned conservative star, has confirmed that he will seek the Republican presidential nomination in 2016.

    Carson, who has never run for public office, is expected to be the only high-profile African-American to enter the GOP's presidential primary as he tries to parlay his success as an author and speaker into a competitive campaign against established politicians.

    "I'm willing to be part of the equation and therefore, I'm announcing my candidacy for president of the United States of America," he said in an interview aired Sunday night by Ohio's WKRC television station.

    He is set to make a more formal announcement during a speech from his native Detroit on Monday.

    Carson earned national acclaim during 29 years leading the pediatric neurosurgery unit of Johns Hopkins Children's Center in Baltimore, where he still lives. He directed the first surgery to separate twins connected at the back of the head. His career was notable enough to inspire the 2009 movie, "Gifted Hands," with actor Cuba Gooding Jr. depicting Carson.

    "I see myself as a member of 'we the people,'" he told The Associated Press in an interview earlier this year, arguing that his lack of experience is an asset.

    "I see myself as a logical American who has common sense," he continued, "and I think that's going to resonate with a lot of Americans, regardless of their political party."
    AP - Full Article

  • #2
    He does have one advantage over the other new candidates, he and his family have already been raked over the coals of the deep anal examination by the IRS and other three letter agencies used by the Democratic Socialist of the White House in retaliation for daring to say something that embarrasses Obama in public.
    “Breaking News,”

    “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

    Comment


    • #3
      never heard of him..

      who?
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
        who?
        WOW, really. That must be the Dark Coast jose. I've seen him on the net here. Looks better than the rest of what is being offered up by the GOP.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

        Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

        you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

        Comment


        • #5
          ..ya need a friggin' PRO-gram t' tellim apaht...

          Ya, well, living heah in cow hampsha we get to see ALL the runniz before the race even stahts. Hevven't seen that one yet...
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
            He does have one advantage over the other new candidates, he and his family have already been raked over the coals of the deep anal examination by the IRS and other three letter agencies used by the Democratic Socialist of the White House in retaliation for daring to say something that embarrasses Obama in public.
            Yea, he pi$$ed off Obama at a National Prayer Breakfast a couple of years ago, I remember it well.
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
              who?
              Have you got Google on your abacus?
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                Yea, he pi$$ed off Obama at a National Prayer Breakfast a couple of years ago, I remember it well.
                Then he is well qualified already, although he may be way too smart for the office of president.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                Comment


                • #9
                  So, two Latinos, a black guy and a woman now.

                  Looks like the Dems will have a harder time than usual painting the Repubs as Racists. But, you kkow they will still try.

                  all they need is two words, and they will scream them from the rooftops'
                  Uncle who?
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

                  -Captain Jack

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    They are already trying. Don't you know that Blacks aren't supposed to be conservative or Republican? (Anymore)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      So, two Latinos, a black guy and a woman now.

                      Looks like the Dems will have a harder time than usual painting the Repubs as Racists. But, you kkow they will still try.

                      all they need is two words, and they will scream them from the rooftops'
                      Uncle who?
                      And we have our first post and race and gender. Congrats.
                      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      And why the sea is boiling hot—
                      And whether pigs have wings.”
                      ― Lewis Carroll

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Let's take a look at some of the requirements some, usually from the right, think make a good or must have President.

                        1 Held elected office.

                        2. Served in the military.

                        3. Wokred as a busniess man.

                        Have I missed any?

                        Looks like he has three strikes against him. The right are the ones that pitched this BS but now it's going to be OK. RIGHT!
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                        Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                        you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          Let's take a look at some of the requirements some, usually from the right, think make a good or must have President.
                          Note the "some", there are others of near equal importance and merit.

                          Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          1 Held elected office.
                          More specifically, an office of executive function with comparable decisions and responsibilities such as mayor of very large city, governor, or something comparable.

                          Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          2. Served in the military.
                          Many would say this. Non-combat, and/or non-command service would make this just another form of "civil servant" background. This one comes up because so much of the Democratic leadership, including last two of their POTUS' had none.

                          Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          3. Wokred as a busniess man.
                          Meant in context of understanding economics, profit versus loss, and how to get things done in the real world.

                          Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          Have I missed any?
                          4. Display accomplishment outside of a "career politic" field of endeavor.

                          5. Both "talk" and "walk" the Conservative ideology.

                          6. Record of fiscal responsibility in past pursuits/occupations.

                          For just a few others ...

                          Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          Looks like he has three strikes against him. The right are the ones that pitched this BS but now it's going to be OK. RIGHT!
                          Which is about seven fewer than the current POTUS had before he was elected, but the sort of thing to be expected from a Leftist/Statist perspective.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So anybody with an opinion a bit left of yous is automatically labled a leftist tottaly disregarding those of us from the center. That is one of the very big problems of the GOP today and your kind.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                              So anybody with an opinion a bit left of yous is automatically labled a leftist tottaly disregarding those of us from the center. That is one of the very big problems of the GOP today and your kind.
                              I'm not convinced you are "center". That "duck" thing, among others.

                              For "giggles" what would be your "center" list of qualifications?

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X