Diversify Police Racially

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diversify Police Racially

Police departments nationwide are scrambling to diversify their personnel to reflect the population they serve.

I do not oppose changing the citizen requirement and hire some legal immigrants to join the ranks.

Police departments hiring immigrants as officers
    Alan Gomez, USA TODAY 2:56 p.m. EDT March 21, 2015

Law enforcement agencies struggling to fill their ranks or connect with their increasingly diverse populations are turning to immigrants to fill the gap.

Most agencies in the country require officers or deputies to be U.S. citizens, but some are allowing immigrants who are legally in the country to wear the badge. From Hawaii to Vermont, agencies are allowing green-card holders and legal immigrants with work permits to join their ranks.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...cers/70236828/
    Maybe...something good will come from all this bad juju.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

I'd prefer we end racism. If skin color and ethnicity didn't matter and we could care less about it, it wouldn't matter in that sense who made up the police.

Comment

Why have law at all if someone unlawful can be a law enforcement officer? Bullshit like this liberal crap is getting inside you.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Not everyone can be a policeman.
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Next thing you know we will only be able to send Black Cops into the Hood! The we will have to hire Hispanics to patrol the Barrio. The town I grew up in, Lake Charles, LA, is turning Black. White Flight is sending the whites to what is now the only "White" High School left in town and out of the Ward 3 area Lake Charles is located in. Will this mean the Lake Charles PD will only be able to hire Black applicants? I hope not.

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            Why have law at all if someone unlawful can be a law enforcement officer? Bullshit like this liberal crap is getting inside you.
            All immigrants are unlawful now?

Comment

It didn't matter in Baltimore. Or are only three of the cops involved racists?
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Such rushing to diversify in the past has only resulted in "White Males Need Not Apply," as well as the need to lower the standards to get most of the Black that apply to meet the minimum standards for acceptance, graduation, and promotions. How will that next rush to diversify be any different in today's world then it was in the past?
                “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

I'm just going to make this note, and let you draw from it what you will:

My academy class started with 40. Graduated 23-24 IIRC. Of the 40 originally starting 4 were black (3 males, 1 female), 1 Native American Female (married to a white guy), and 1 other female. The rest were white males.

Of the graduates, 3 were black (all male) and 1 Native American Female. The rest were white males.

So as you can see, white males had a much higher drop rate than any other race or ethnicity. And yet graduated 20 of 24 graduates. Today, the NAF is part time, and I know that at least 2 of the black males is no longer in law enforcement (I think 1 now has criminal convictions, the other got a DUI in his patrol car) I would note that aside from ammunition and books, the academy is free, and you can get an agency to cover you for those two things. I'd also note that aside from a basic background check there really isn't a requirement, as you're not hired by an agency, and the academy is at a community college.

From what I've seen of subsequent Academy classes, this is pretty common, with only a variation of 2-3 cadets each class. So draw from it what you will, but what I can easily draw from it is this:

"Minorities are encouraged to apply" means absolutely nothing if there is a significant lack of minorities that want to do the job.
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Drop out rates from High School remain high for Blacks. No high school, no police department or am I wrong in the requirements for PD's
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                      Drop out rates from High School remain high for Blacks. No high school, no police department or am I wrong in the requirements for PD's
                      Most these days want an associate's degree, preferably in criminal justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                        Exactly. "An immigrant with a green card" is not an American citizen and is in no way qualified to enforce American laws. We have more then anough citizens to provide "diversity", if the have the balls to step up, but most of them do not want to police their own.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

This smacks of affirmative action for the police. And we all know affirmative action is a load of crap.

I'd prefer we just get good people to be good cops. Don't really care what they look like. Skin color isn't supposed to be important.
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                            All immigrants are unlawful now?
                            "Green card" does not equate to legal citizen. Come on, DoD...I know it's still early but you know this stuff...or you should.

And why would an alien with a green card want to draw unwanted attention to himself by donning a uniform and trying to enforce the law on actual citizens? Especially legal immigrants from the same place he came from? That is, if his education and abilities even qualify him for being a LEO.

Roofing, gardening and concrete work are not qualifiers for law enforcement, and an address other than the nearest Home Depot is an essential.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                              Police departments nationwide are scrambling to diversify their personnel to reflect the population they serve.

I do not oppose changing the citizen requirement and hire some legal immigrants to join the ranks.

Maybe...something good will come from all this bad juju.
                              What nonsense-agencies have been hiring green card holders since the early 90s to my certain knowledge.

Once again, the media packages old facts as new.

They also prey upon the assumption that immigrant=nonwhite.

Texas, for example, has more Canadian-born immigrants hired in the last three years than Mexican-born. But hey, they're immigrants, and therefore special.

I guess enough people are bigoted enough to believe that non-whites are somehow child-like and non-violent. The reality is that citizen complaints are pretty evenly distributed across the color spectrum.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X