Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would Booker T Washington say about rioters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would Booker T Washington say about rioters?

We don't have to guess, this is what he said..

"There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs – partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”

To bad we don't have a leader willing to say this today...
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

"Bring back my color TV!"?

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

"There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs – partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”

That's a great quote and it's interesting that after all this time the exact same thing is still going on. I think a lot of other black leaders who fought for real justice would be pretty saddened to see how it's being subverted now, by people who are more interested in looting a liquor store than they are about justice. The perceived injustice that supposedly is at the heart of the rioting and looting is based on nothing...the biggest obstacle to an African American's success is the black community, by far. To be a successful black person from a poor black neighborhood means not only doing the work that a white person must do but doing it despite the mockery of their own community. Much easier to blame the white people when you can't succeed than blame yourself.

Comment

Yes, it is, especially since our government rewards failures and "victims".
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

"Please stop beating me."

-Booker T. Washington, 2015

Comment

"Is this where I collect my check and my Get Out Of Jail Free card?"

Half of those arrested in the Baltimore riots were released without charges.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/30...thout-charges/

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

Prominent blacks like Bill Cosby were threatened, insulted and called Uncle Toms for saying this every time they tried to focus black attention of their cultural and social failures. Cosby told them they had no one to blame but themselves.

Meanwhile, Obama screams "RACISM!" like a little girl every time anything at all happens involving a black person.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X