Univ Of FLA Closes Fraternity Over Abuse Of Vets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Univ Of FLA Closes Fraternity Over Abuse Of Vets

The University of Florida closed a fraternity Tuesday amid allegations that its members hurled drunken insults and spat at a group of disabled veterans at a Panama City Beach resort.
    The closing of Zeta Beta Tau’s fraternity comes a week after the school suspended the fraternity, which expelled three of its members after finding out about their inappropriate behavior. The school previously said it was charging the fraternity with obscene, behavior, public intoxication, theft, causing physical or other harm and damage to property.
    The fraternity’s Florida chapter has 128 active members. The organization was founded in New York City in 1898 as a fraternity for Jewish students, who at the time were not allowed into other Greek organizations. The national organization agreed to the closure.
    "We are absolutely disgusted by the accusations that have been made regarding the behavior of members of this chapter. ZBT has a long history of serving our country, with brothers currently serving in all ranks of the military," said ZBT Fraternity International President Matthew J. Rubins.
    The Warrior Beach group says the frat members were extremely drunk and were urinating on flags, vomiting off of balconies and were verbally abusive while the two groups were at the Laketown Wharf Resort last weekend. The veterans were there for an annual retreat meant to honor their service, while the fraternity had a social gathering.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/29...tcmp=obnetwork
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Boy, times have changed...
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Drunks can be such a$$holes.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
        Drunks can be such a$$holes.
        Actually, a$$holes just get drunk.

Booze and dope just lower inhibitions, but the core mindset has to already be there.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Why didn't the vets knock some greek heads? Back in my day, the VOC (Veterans On Campus) didn't take crap from anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
            Why didn't the vets knock some greek heads? Back in my day, the VOC (Veterans On Campus) didn't take crap from anybody.

Because then they would become the bad guys to the PC Police.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Adds credence to the claim social fraternities have outlived their usefulness.

Comment

I remember some drunken times at Tybee Island where the tables were turned and myself and members of my unit hurled drunken insults and probably spat at and fought frat boys for simply being college kids. I don't think there were any flags urinated on, but certainly inside coolers.
                Кто там?
                Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                  I remember some drunken times at Tybee Island where the tables were turned and myself and members of my unit hurled drunken insults and probably spat at and fought frat boys for simply being college kids. I don't think there were any flags urinated on, but certainly inside coolers.
                  But see, that was character-building for the frat boys.

You were helping prepare them for manhood and the real world.

Comment

The crackdown isn't just over mistreatment of vets. Six frats and sororities have recently been suspended at the University of Michigan.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/...roities_s.html

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...nded/24124413/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X