Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christians Warn "We Will Not Obey"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Christians Warn "We Will Not Obey"

    Things are heating up.

    “We will not obey.”
    That’s the blunt warning a group of prominent religious leaders is sending to the Supreme Court of the United States as they consider same-sex marriage.
    “We respectfully warn the Supreme Court not to cross that line,” read a document titled, Pledge in Solidarity to Defend Marriage. “We stand united together in defense of marriage. Make no mistake about our resolve.”
    “While there are many things we can endure, redefining marriage is so fundamental to the natural order and the common good that this is the line we must draw and one we cannot and will not cross,” the pledge states.
    The signees are a who’s who of religious leaders including former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum, National Religious Broadcasters president Jerry Johnson, Pastor John Hagee, and Franklin Graham, president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan’s Purse.
    The pledge was co-drafted by Deacon Keith Fournier, a Catholic deacon, and Mat Staver, the founder of Liberty Counsel. Also involved in the document were Rick Scarborough, the president of Vision America Action and James Dobson, the founder of Family Talk Radio.
    “We’re sending a warning to the Supreme Court and frankly any court that crosses the line on the issue of marriage,” Staver told me.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...tcmp=obnetwork
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

  • #2
    Another (ad nauseum) Todd Starnes' diatribe. Give us all a break. The guy is both demagogue and fanatic and should be treated as such.

    Huckabee and Santorum are of the same ilk and if they claim to speak for 'Christians' then they should be ignored. They have neither been elected nor appointed as 'spokesmen' nor has Starnes.

    Sincerely,
    M
    Last edited by Massena; 29 Apr 15, 09:04.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Massena View Post
      Another (ad nauseum) Todd Starnes' diatribe. Give us all a break. The guy is both demagogue and fanatic and should be treated as such.

      Huckabee and Santorum are of the same ilk and if they claim to speak for 'Christians' then they should be ignored. They have neither been elected nor appointed as 'spokesmen' nor has Starnes.

      Sincerely,
      M
      So you dismiss it all as "diatribe"? Fair enough. Of course, the Graham Foundation hardly falls into that category, and it speaks for many millions of hard core Christians throughout America, but...

      I see this differently. I see it as the warning tremors before the 9.0 earthquake that brings everything crashing down. With every one of these actions we are inching closer and closer to civil rebellion and the collapse of American society as we know it.

      Frankly, Massena, I hope you're right, because if you are not...
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        So you dismiss it all as "diatribe"? Fair enough. Of course, the Graham Foundation hardly falls into that category, and it speaks for many millions of hard core Christians throughout America, but...

        I see this differently. I see it as the warning tremors before the 9.0 earthquake that brings everything crashing down. With every one of these actions we are inching closer and closer to civil rebellion and the collapse of American society as we know it.

        Frankly, Massena, I hope you're right, because if you are not...
        If there is a collapse I doubt it'll have anything to do with Christians not liking gay marriage. I would look for warning tremors somewhere else, because the majority of Americans don't really care what the Billy Graham Foundation thinks or says. I can honestly say I don't know a single person in my family or circle of friends and acquaintances that goes to church anywhere near regularly. I think that the days when anyone gives a what the church says are about over. It would benefit the GOP to distance themselves from the church in my opinion, it's just holding them back.

        Comment


        • #5
          This is typical of what happens when the Left gets in charge / their way. The inevitable push back begins and in the long run the Left gets run out of office / stomped on for their troubles.
          Dictatorships simply don't work and the Left simply refuses to acknowledge that.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            So you dismiss it all as "diatribe"? Fair enough. Of course, the Graham Foundation hardly falls into that category, and it speaks for many millions of hard core Christians throughout America, but...

            I see this differently. I see it as the warning tremors before the 9.0 earthquake that brings everything crashing down. With every one of these actions we are inching closer and closer to civil rebellion and the collapse of American society as we know it.

            Frankly, Massena, I hope you're right, because if you are not...
            Is that what you want, MM, a complete collapse? If so, that is quite pathetic. I don't think the gay marriage idea will cause a 'collapse.' People, no matter who they are, should be let alone. It is an 'issue' because of the attention drawn to it.

            This is not the 'apocalypse.' Perhaps the 'survivalists' and the nut job militia groups are licking their chops, but the subject is overblown. Some folks just need to get over themselves. I don't care for the above people I have already mentioned or what they care about, nor do I care for the Grahams.

            I still believe in the age-ole axiom, that 'God takes care of fools, drunks, children, and the United States of America.'

            Sincerely,
            M
            We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Massena View Post
              Is that what you want, MM, a complete collapse? If so, that is quite pathetic. I don't think the gay marriage idea will cause a 'collapse.' People, no matter who they are, should be let alone. It is an 'issue' because of the attention drawn to it.

              This is not the 'apocalypse.' Perhaps the 'survivalists' and the nut job militia groups are licking their chops, but the subject is overblown. Some folks just need to get over themselves. I don't care for the above people I have already mentioned or what they care about, nor do I care for the Grahams.

              I still believe in the age-ole axiom, that 'God takes care of fools, drunks, children, and the United States of America.'

              Sincerely,
              M
              I can't speak on Billy, since I've never really heard him much, but Franklin's organization does a pretty fantastic job of providing and ministering to the poor, needy, and afflicted all throughout the world. That he's decided to jump on the front-line for this issue isn't too surprising, but has me a bit saddened. I obviously am not as militant on the issue as many Christians are.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                There is nothing for them to obey or disobey. Silly Starnes article.
                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                “To talk of many things:
                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                And whether pigs have wings.”
                ― Lewis Carroll

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                  There is nothing for them to obey or disobey. Silly Starnes article.
                  Yes there is. We are ordered to obey the laws.

                  And about starnes, he was the reason I abandoned fox.

                  I caught him in sooo many fabrications that I started fact checking and found too many discrepancies...
                  Credo quia absurdum.


                  Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                    Yes there is. We are ordered to obey the laws.

                    And about starnes, he was the reason I abandoned fox.

                    I caught him in sooo many fabrications that I started fact checking and found too many discrepancies...
                    The Ministers in the article are quite free to pretend same sex marriages are not valid. Same with anyone else. Nothing to obey or not to obey.
                    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    And why the sea is boiling hot—
                    And whether pigs have wings.”
                    ― Lewis Carroll

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Massena View Post
                      Is that what you want, MM, a complete collapse? If so, that is quite pathetic. I don't think the gay marriage idea will cause a 'collapse.' People, no matter who they are, should be let alone. It is an 'issue' because of the attention drawn to it.

                      This is not the 'apocalypse.' Perhaps the 'survivalists' and the nut job militia groups are licking their chops, but the subject is overblown. Some folks just need to get over themselves. I don't care for the above people I have already mentioned or what they care about, nor do I care for the Grahams.

                      I still believe in the age-ole axiom, that 'God takes care of fools, drunks, children, and the United States of America.'

                      Sincerely,
                      M
                      You have a knack for reading things I didn't post. I suggest you read my OP again if you want to discuss it, especially noting the part where I hope you are right in your view that this is all "diatribe".

                      You and others might want to consider, however, that WWI and the deaths of tens of millions of people started with a single young man who shot an archduke. The rioting and looting in Baltimore started over the death of a single man.It doesn't take much to start calamitous events rolling, and America has been simmering for quite some time.

                      As for the statements of others that "Christians don't matter", the Romans thought the same thing, and up until recently, no one really gave a damn what the Muslims of the world thought, either. Big mistakes.

                      Again, my opinion, but borne out by millenia of history. America is a polarized, Balkanized nation as never before in our history, and that is not a good thing for anybody.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                        Yes there is. We are ordered to obey the laws.

                        And about starnes, he was the reason I abandoned fox.

                        I caught him in sooo many fabrications that I started fact checking and found too many discrepancies...
                        So you threw out the baby with the bath water?

                        Some blacks are criminals, so by your logic we should lock them all up? Some rednecks are racist so everybody is? Some Muslims are terrorists so we should wipe them all out? Sounds like a real one-legged generality to me.

                        Compared to the other major media sources, FOX still leads the pack in the fewest fabrications and the willingness to expose Obama and his stormtroopers for what they really are. But if you prefer to read what Joseph Goebbels puts out, by all means drink the Kool-Aide. A lot of people need to believe the constant lies or they would probably kill themselves in despair.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You really should take a look at NewsMax. They are really much better.

                          http://www.newsmax.com/

                          I've got it on the tv and no screaming, no yelling. It really is what fox used to be before they went to a hype model...
                          Credo quia absurdum.


                          Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So is al Jazeera America, (modeled on BBCA) but I don't watch them, either. I do watch BBC America quite often, but they're afraid to say anything about Obammy, too. Heavy socialist tinge these days. The dying days of Empire are never pretty.

                            Meanwhile, back on the farm...I checked out newsmax and the big headline is hyping Hilary's platform for election despite the evidence that she is the Wicked Bitch of the East. No thanks, but if that's what oyu;re watching I understand your viewpoint much more clearly now. You're a dedicated Demmy.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                              The Ministers in the article are quite free to pretend same sex marriages are not valid. Same with anyone else. Nothing to obey or not to obey.
                              I agree. Chin music.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X