Lake Meade at record low, and it's not even summer yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half full? Or half empty?

The Colorado River reservoir system is currently at 48% of full capacity...
    Current Lake Powell storage is 10,859 thousand acre-feet (KAF) (45 percent of capacity).
    Lake Mead storage is 10,053 KAF (38 percent of capacity). Total system storage is 28,456
    KAF (48 percent of capacity).

http://www.usbr.gov/lc/region/g4000/hourly/rivops.html
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      TA that forecast was from 2012
      It continues to look very similar though. California is in horrid shape, the Mountain West hurting, Arizona improving, some persistent drought in the Mid West.

Comment

The reports from British Columbia Canada are not much better..

http://bcrfc.env.gov.bc.ca/bulletins...ly/current.htm
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Yep best start praying for rain.

Also I heard of a plan to ship ice and water from Alaska...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
            This thread needs a graph...

That thing makes me sea sick,
            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

That thing makes me sea sick,
              It's fresh water not sea water...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                It's fresh water not sea water...
                You can get sea sick on the Great Lakes

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                  Yep, a bunch of people have had their wells go dry out here. And they're forced to get water trucked in.

It really doesn't look good. We need to find out what's causing the heat zone off the coast.

I'm also hoping Stanford Univ clears the debris that is blocking the Searsville Dam from releasing water into San Francisquito Creek. The dam was built in 1892 to divert rainwater from the Santa Cruz mountains into the Crystal Springs Reservoir to supply freshwater to San Francisco and Peninsula towns. It is currently blocked by years of storm debris flowing from the Santa Cruz mountains.
                  "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Well I'm of the opinion that the bay area can get screwed. It's got way too many people living there in a unsustainable fashion.

Plus they're all hippies/ leftists/ commies anyway.

Let them buy a desal plant and quit filling their hot-tubs with the water we need for agriculture.

(Some-what joking, but I really loath that area.)

For the time being there ought to be a restriction on outdoor swimming pools and 'recreational' water sports that use non-reclaimed water. Also lawns are out.

I get into it with my libby buddies every time I see a well watered lawn. That's just wasteful...
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

For the time being there ought to be a restriction on outdoor swimming pools and 'recreational' water sports that use non-reclaimed water. Also lawns are out.

I get into it with my libby buddies every time I see a well watered lawn. That's just wasteful...

Did you hear about the $33 million water park they just started building in Dublin? Someone need to put that project on hold.

Dublin set to break ground on $33 million water park
                      By Jeremy Thomas | 02/04/2015 11:35:59 AM PST

DUBLIN -- Construction crews will break ground next month on a long-awaited, $33 million boardwalk-style waterpark and entertainment complex, complete with six water slides, three pools, a water playground for kids and a 2,000-seat outdoor performing arts center -- a massive attraction expected to draw visitors from all over the Bay Area seeking relief from the summer heat.

Once completed in early 2017, the 32,000-square-foot facility will house one of the East Bay's largest indoor recreational pools, an outdoor competitive pool and a water slide tower with two high-velocity drop slides, a giant circular bowl slide and four traditional looping "flume" slides. The 4,500-square-foot, surf-themed water playground will have spray fountains, a pool and a small slide for younger children, plus a large bucket dropping hundreds of gallons of water from above every five minutes.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/my-t...ion-water-park
                      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Words fail me. I'd get eternally banned...

Many expletives deleted...
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

You can get sea sick on the Great Lakes
                          Your ship can sink on the Great Lakes.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Well I'm of the opinion that the bay area can get screwed. It's got way too many people living there in a unsustainable fashion.

Plus they're all hippies/ leftists/ commies anyway.

Let them buy a desal plant and quit filling their hot-tubs with the water we need for agriculture.

(Some-what joking, but I really loath that area.)

You live very close to the Bay Area to go dumbing on it.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X