EPA Studies Whether Churches Can Preach Climate Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPA Studies Whether Churches Can Preach Climate Change

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is spending $84,000 to study how churches can be used to combat climate change.
    A taxpayer-funded graduate fellowship at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor is examining 17 faith-based institutions that have implemented "sustainability initiatives" in the hopes of developing workshops to teach pastors and other religious leaders how to change the behaviors of their congregants.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...limate-change/

What ever happened to "separation of church and state"?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

I bet if they paid me $84,000 I'd believe in Gorebal Warming!

Comment

I hear you. I'd even carry a sign!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I hear you. I'd even carry a sign!
        I would get a tattoo!
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

That doesn't apply to the state.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
            Correction:

That doesn't apply to the Leftist state.

Comment

Is this a Faith-Based Initiative? Government partnering with churches was officially sanctioned under George W. Bush early in his administration. One of Obama’s Executive Orders continued the partnerships.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/presi...ry?id=12180146

The problem comes when government funds religious or educational activities in that it gives it the right to demand a voice in those activities. And I think that there are plenty of ministers and church councils eager to take government money and government guidance.

I suspect the takers of Faith-Based Initiative monies will eagerly go along with preaching Human Caused Global Warming.

The Catholics appear to be going that way anyway.

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...uty-for-action
              Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                The EPA is Federal.

Comment

More psychological warfare.

Preists can be bought too, in the nest county over they were using the "render unto Caesar" angle to say that anyone that doesn't do everything the Govt tells them to is a Satanist.

And wouldn't you know, a new bond measure is up for vote next week... lots of money at stake.

Comment

I'm so happy to be agnostic.

Comment

Stewardship of the planet/nature is mentioned more than a few times throughout the Bible. I don't see any reason why such notions can't be reinforced, though climate change does seem to be a religion unto itself at times.

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/28/wo...ves-alarm.html
                        Divine Mercy Sunday: 4/21/2020 (https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message) The Miracle of Lanciano: Jesus' Real Presence (https://web.archive.org/web/20060831...fcontents.html)

Comment

Originally posted by jdkeyes1 View Post
                          Stewardship of the planet/nature is mentioned more than a few times throughout the Bible. I don't see any reason why such notions can't be reinforced, though climate change does seem to be a religion unto itself at times.
                          "Stewardship" does not equate to preaching climatology. The Amish are the best stewards of the Earth that I know of, and they're not preaching climatology. After all, if climate change is bad then it's up to "god" to put a stop to it, right?

I would much rather see churches go back to preaching honestly, morality and faithfulness to spouse and family, myself.

Comment

The EPA is Federal.
                            No kidding, did you just figure that out?

The 'state' that I was talking about is this:

5 a : a politically organized body of people usually occupying a definite territory; especially : one that is sovereign

b : the political organization of such a body of people

c : a government or politically organized society having a particular character <a police state> <the welfare state>

I wasn't talking about an individual state within the United States.
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...limate-change/

I see that link focuses upon behavior modification. Not a very upright thing to have a guv'mint doing, but expect-able. Nor does this seem an appropriate use of taxpayer money/debt.

There is the natural cycle of climate fluctuations, but here it would seem is chasing the "religion" of the anthropogenic climate change/global warming (ACC/AGW), which could pump new live and funding into an agency(EPA) that has largely served it's purpose, and is now an instrument of economic chaos and social restructure.
                              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                              “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X