More hate from the LGBTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
    Not exactly sure what it is. Pm some details?
    PM sent..
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rojik View Post
      Thank God for that. I don't want to argue with a marine. Most people that do that end up dead.
      I was afraid that you would tell my mom.....
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        To some of us its a sacrament.

So since you dodged that question how about we turn it around...

I'm the same Pastor who wants to rent a gay nightclub for a religious event.

Do they have the right to deny me service?

(I love logic...)
        why would a nightclub owner remt out his nightclub at all? It's like renting put a house. You could refuse anyone and not say why. This comparison makes very little sense.
        First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

why would a nightclub owner remt out his nightclub at all? It's like renting put a house. You could refuse anyone and not say why. This comparison makes very little sense.
          I've seen that done for afternoon wedding services I've attended. Nightclub rented, that is.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
          “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
          Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

• Son, you can call me Old Man...

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...rancisco%2C+CA
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Again, what is your point? Has anyone actually refused to do so? Religion doesn't offend me. Hatred stemming from it does.

Comment

• Now your just being silly. Care to think about the last few questions???

Come on, you can do it...
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• I have and I hold both sides to equal standards. However, has that actually been done?

Comment

I have and I hold both sides to equal standards. However, has that actually been done?
                    Haven't a clue either way if such has happened.

You understand the term Hypothetical right?

So What my initial question is again. Does someone have the right to force a church to partake in a gay wedding if the prospective people demand it? Just out of spite lets say...

Then the second question is does a religious person have the right to force, oh a atheist club to allow them to conduct religious ceremonies? Also out of spite...

Can you see the quandary?
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

• I don't think that refusing service because of sexuality is right, but neither is stealing the livelihood of a family.

Comment

• Welcome to the discussion 42nd Battalion.

Okay I was a high-end woodworker before I retired. Lets say a person wanted to commission bondage stuff and I held that not to be my desire. Would I be legally bound to provide said stuff? What if they wanted 'worse' stuff?

See, its a infringement of my civil and religious values and rights. This debate is going on in the Supreme Court right now...

I think the old sign 'We reserve the right to refuse service' is key...
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                          Welcome to the discussion 42nd Battalion.

Okay I was a high-end woodworker before I retired. Lets say a person wanted to commission bondage stuff and I held that not to be my desire. Would I be legally bound to provide said stuff? What if they wanted 'worse' stuff?

See, its a infringement of my civil and religious values and rights. This debate is going on in the Supreme Court right now...

I think the old sign 'We reserve the right to refuse service' is key...
                          That "old sign" should work so long as it's applied on an individual case and not to a group classification.

Although, if it was say a motorcycle gang that just pulled up to enter your place of business, or a pack of rioting looters ... ???
                          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                          “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                          Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                            Please state how polygamy is destructive. King David, King Solomon, and other beloved kings of the bible practiced polygamy. Doesn't that mean it has to be a good thing?
                            In case you haven't noticed, I don't have much that's good to say about what you will find in the bible.

And, at least you know its one the way.

Polygamy is demeaning to women like few other things can be, if its 7 wives they are getting 1/7th of a man. They will inevitably turn to Lesbianism and/or constant bickering and intrigue, as is the case in Saudi Arabia today.

And as there is an approximately equal number of men and women, what are those 6 men with no wives supposed to do, kill themselves?
                            Personally, I'd much rather get together with the other 5 guys kill the bastard with 7 wives and ensure a more equitable distribution.

Maybe there is a good reason why rational societies have banned the practice for thousands of years. The only sane reason there could ever have been for it in the first place was to rebuild a population with a shortage of men. A Barbarian tribe that failed to conquer Rome, for instance.
                            They did keep bouncing back rather quickly, didn't they?

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                            So your accusation against the couple was untrue? I expect you'll apologize for your harsh words and own up to it?
                            I have no idea what you are going on about now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 42nd Battalion View Post
                              I don't think that refusing service because of sexuality is right, but neither is stealing the livelihood of a family.
                              So, you're okay with a baker being forced to make a cake for a pedophile? How about polygamists? One for fetishists? Or, how about one for a person into bestiality?

Those are all sexual orientations too. What's good for one should be good for all if you apply what you're saying.

It still comes down to speech of a sort. The display on the cake says something to those looking at it. It also indirectly says something about the bakery as well.

That's why I offered a compromise: If the bakery is legally obligated to make products for persons with messages they find offensive then the bakery has a Right to add a disclaimer stating they the product does not represent their views and display that with their product.
                              That is fair and equal. Both sides get to put their message out in equal portion.

Now, I know the sort of gays and such that are baiting then suing bakeries over wedding cakes would pee themselves with outrage and hatred having to submit to letting the bakery put a disclaimer on or beside the product like that. It completely defeats their wanting to slam the bakery for not kowtowing to their views.

Comment

Please state how polygamy is destructive. King David, King Solomon, and other beloved kings of the bible practiced polygamy. Doesn't that mean it has to be a good thing?

So your accusation against the couple was untrue? I expect you'll apologize for your harsh words and own up to it?
                                Read up on the FLDS version of the Mormon Church. From senior / elder men forcing younger men out of the church so the former can gain more wives, to inbreeding that is causing major problems, to major psychological problems for the women involved, it's all bad.

If polygamy were natural to humanity we wouldn't have a 1 to 1 ratio of male to female but rather something else like 1 to 5 or whatever.

It got into Islam in large part following the Mongol invasion of the Middle East when warfare created a shortage of men. That unnatural situation was codified into Islam and is still allowed today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X