No announcement yet.

Baltimore Mayor Says...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotty Beam me up. There's no intelligent life forms here...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Couldn't resist.
      "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        Accusations of racism in Baltimore are just a little silly. The mayor is black, the chief of police is black, and the police force is not white in the majority.

There are other issues at play here and what is currently going on is merely an excuse to riot and loot.

Baltimore was a problem with violence and riots before, beginning at least in the Civil War.

Sincerely,
        M
        Very true.

Baltimore is a poster child for urban decay. An underfunded city with large amounts of unemployed urban poor trapped in a unending cycle of disintegrating family units, lousy education options, and few employment options.

It, like Ferguson, Detroit, and other places, are the products of thirty or more years of political failure to secure economic foundations for the city, the failure of community leaders to uphold values and support systems, and of shot-view choices made by two or more generations of urban poor who have locked themselves and their descendants into an economical maelstrom.

The 'Great Society' efforts of the 60s and 70s are gone. The social infrastructure it spawned was never very efficient and now it is failing as Federal and state funding declines. As poor state management sends jobs overseas or south, the flight of productive citizens leaves a herd of marginalized behind.

This isn't about race, its not about the police (although its quite beneficial to the police), its about masses of people who are dimly coming to realize that they were dealt a poor hand at birth and who have made poor use of their options since.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Capitol flight. I'm leaving as soon as I sell the house. And taking my cash with me...

Btw the asking price for the house is 3 million.
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

You nailed it, can't rep you yet.
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
              Also, I think a lot of the blame for riots that have gone on from Ferguson to Baltimore and all the riots between can be laid on Obama himself.
              It seems whenever he speaks about riots, he starts off by blaming the police. He won't simply denounce the riots, and lead the nation. No, he denounces the police before denouncing the riots, leading only a minority of the nation.

I'm not a big fan of cops in general, individuals of course are a different matter. I don't like what I see from LE around the country. But I remember that things aren't always what the media makes it to be.

So, I'm being forced to choose the lesser of two evils. I don't like that, it's why I won't vote. But we can't have anarchy. We've got to support our local PDs.

There's more to this rioting, it seems like it's becoming an insurgency. It's going to be a long summer.
              Last edited by Gixxer86g; 29 Apr 15, 04:57.
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                Capitol flight. I'm leaving as soon as I sell the house. And taking my cash with me...

Btw the asking price for the house is 3 million.
                Some land included then I imagine ?
                Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                  Some land included then I imagine ?
                  Oh yeah. Lots of huge Redwoods and Oaks. That's the one thing I'm gonna miss is the natural beauty and the sounds of the critters. In the mornings I hear the Red Tail hawks and bunch of songbirds...
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Sounds nice,

looking at real estate over there, I came across this one,

and since you're moving anyway

http://www.immoproxio.be/nl/nieuws/v...en-euro/33904/
                    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      Very true.

Baltimore is a poster child for urban decay. An underfunded city with large amounts of unemployed urban poor trapped in a unending cycle of disintegrating family units, lousy education options, and few employment options.

It, like Ferguson, Detroit, and other places, are the products of thirty or more years of political failure to secure economic foundations for the city, the failure of community leaders to uphold values and support systems, and of shot-view choices made by two or more generations of urban poor who have locked themselves and their descendants into an economical maelstrom.

The 'Great Society' efforts of the 60s and 70s are gone. The social infrastructure it spawned was never very efficient and now it is failing as Federal and state funding declines. As poor state management sends jobs overseas or south, the flight of productive citizens leaves a herd of marginalized behind.

This isn't about race, its not about the police (although its quite beneficial to the police), its about masses of people who are dimly coming to realize that they were dealt a poor hand at birth and who have made poor use of their options since.

And, and always, the solution to the failure of federal spending is more spending.
                      The program is never wrong, the only failure is that we didn't spend enough.
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

This isn't a government failure - it's a family failure. Why was the angry mother the only angry parent who came to collect her child? Where were the other mothers...and where are the fathers?

This goes much, much deeper than the black community wishes to have known. This is the total failure of black communities to raise decent families and act like decent, law abiding people.

This is what the likes of Sharpton and others should be addressing, not screaming about "Whitey be holdin' you down."

This act has done more to damage race relations and awaken old racial stereotypes than anything else possibly could have, and it's all on the shoulders of the black communities.

Incidentally, the police are claiming that they were ordered to stand down when the riots broke out.

Despite a firm denial by Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, a senior law enforcement source charges that she gave an order for police to stand down as riots broke out Monday night, raising more questions about whether some of the violence and looting could have been prevented.
                        http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...to-stand-down/

Wait for the avalanche of property owner lawsuits on this one.

Comment

And here is more in the Baltimore mayor's foot-in-mouth disease:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...to-stand-down/
                          We are not now that strength which in old days
                          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X